Pete Paphides tweets that he turned down interviewing Morrissey this year

Pete Paphides has just revealed (via twitter) that he turned down a Moz interview this year...

@petepaphides
May 3

I was offered a Morrissey i/view this yr. Glad I said no. It doesn't occur to him that most of us are as reluctant to meet him as he is us.

I'm sure everyone is as gutted as I am? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a shame we can't read your definitive Moz interview Pete. I'll have to rebuild my life now

Re: Article: Pete Paphides tweets that he turned down interviewing Morrissey this yea

Paphides is one of the few music writers who stuck his head over the parapet and defended Morrissey after the 92 racist debacle

No he wasn't. He reviewed the Finsbury Park show for MM and said Morrissey was "despicable".

Re: Article: Pete Paphides tweets that he turned down interviewing Morrissey this yea

Paphides is one of the few music writers who stuck his head over the parapet and defended Morrissey after the 92 racist debacle

Is that what it's called, "the 92 racist debacle"? If you look at what actually happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-saBMaM_g4 you'll see that the only debacle was the way the music press covered it. Pete Paphides is a member of that press and I'm remembering something different from what you claim. Get your facts straight, child.

Is that what it's called, "the 92 racist debacle"? If you look at what actually happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-saBMaM_g4 you'll see that the only debacle was the way the music press covered it. Pete Paphides is a member of that press and I'm remembering something different from what you claim. Get your facts straight, child.

this goes back a long way -I met peter in january and he told me then that hed turned down an interview with moz -actually he's fan of the smiths and provided a very positive review of year of refusal in the times and a 5 star review of the curtailed london gigs in 2008 -he doesnt want to meet him -understandable morrissey can be a very awkward interviewee

this goes back a long way -I met peter in january and he told me then that hed turned down an interview with moz -actually he's fan of the smiths and provided a very positive review of year of refusal in the times and a 5 star review of the curtailed london gigs in 2008 -he doesnt want to meet him -understandable morrissey can be a very awkward interviewee

All those NME douche bags who trash(ed) him claim(ed) to be Smiths/Morrissey fans, too. So?

A lot of these hacks are patently afraid of anyone intellectually superior. Others such as O'Leary are just start struck twats who play the embarrassing "you and me are the same" game.

Nice to see the video. A sort of stand-off, and high energy in the air.

Moral relativity is interesting. I fail to see how anyone in the employ of Rupert Murdoch has the moral high ground in any situation.

Don't read too much into the 'anti-semitic' stories...many Jewish folk 'run' the industry Morrissey dabbles in, ie: 'William Morris' agency...I'm sure, it becomes very tiresome arguing about 'getting money' etc and he would have been equally horrible to whatever race happened to have incurred his wrath...surely you understand how Moz operates after all these years!?

If there's some weakness...'a chink in the armour' ol' Moz will attack it regardless!

All those NME douche bags who trash(ed) him claim(ed) to be Smiths/Morrissey fans, too. So?
he didnt work for the nme he worked for melody maker -also Ive witnessed him buying a cd of your arsenal with his own money!-if youve mixed with music journalists youll know that is very rare

he didnt work for the nme he worked for melody maker -also Ive witnessed him buying a cd of your arsenal with his own money!-if youve mixed with music journalists youll know that is very rare

Is English not your first language? That's fine, it's not mine either. Still, READ before you comment! Clearly, stating that NME journos also claimed Morrissey fandom is an EXAMPLE of journalists who lie. Pete Pfttt is merely another one of those journos, regardless of where he "worked". Nowhere does it state that Pete Pfttt worked for the NME, dumbass.

I once bought a Backstreet Boys CD. I also bought a Hanna Montana night light. With my own money. (As a gag gift.) Wait, no . . . maybe I AM a fan of those two.

Don't read too much into the 'anti-semitic' stories...many Jewish folk 'run' the industry Morrissey dabbles in, ie: 'William Morris' agency...I'm sure, it becomes very tiresome arguing about 'getting money' etc and he would have been equally horrible to whatever race happened to have incurred his wrath...surely you understand how Moz operates after all these years!?

If there's some weakness...'a chink in the armour' ol' Moz will attack it regardless!

Yes, you're probably right. When Moz is angry he can lose his temper and lash out at anyone... just like a cat lol
Thank you for your reply :)

Truth is Morrisseey is bitchy NOT racist or anti jew. When people hit out they hit with the hardest weapon-saying something anti jew to a jew is such a weapon.
This does not illustrate that Morrissey is racist, especially when he mixes with people from a Jewish background- the Fonze and his son for instance.

I would like to know more about these Morrissey being poor rumours. I don't think this is true as his fortune is often said to be over £30 million....also I think he would get the boys from the Smiths together if he was really poor- or at least tour with Marr.

I did hear he got ripped off by his last manager so maybe this has something to do with the tour story

who cares !!!!!!!!!!!! who trusts journalists anyway ? they only write for sensationalism anyway - especially muso's trying to sell their rags . i've not read now morrissey's enemy for years and don't buy any gutter press or otherwise . if you believe all that is wrote you'd be taken away by the men in white coats and sectioned for life and forced to listen to the birdie song on continuous loop ;o}

lets do what we are here for to listen to morrissey/the smiths music and appreciate what we have and not believe what we are forced fed from people who twist words or put questions in such a way that the answers can be mistrued . why on this forum is there always negativity against morrissey , we know who and what he is . if you don't like it don't , don't read or post on these forums/message boards .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom