Predict the chart position of 'Sound of the Smiths'

Maurice E

There's been no promotional single and there are lots of other compilations out there, so how well do you think it'll do in the UK chart.
I reckon ...

(drum roll!)

number 5!

I think it may have a decent UK Chart Entry, one cause its a Moz/Marr approved Compilation, two the reviews are positive so far and three because it must, :cool::guitar:

At any rate, I love the song selection on this one, we shall see how it does on the charts, ;)

I think it may have a decent UK Chart Entry, one cause its a Moz/Marr approved Compilation, two the reviews are positive so far and three because it must, :cool::guitar:

At any rate, I love the song selection on this one, we shall see how it does on the charts, ;)

sadly, without releasing a single, 'normal' people won't hear about the album, only those who read the music press or who like the band already.
so will probly chart lower than the recent Moz Greatest Hits but will go on to sell tons more...

Depends where it gets displayed in the shops. Whether it's "approved" won't matter a jot to the general public. The main selling point for these type of albums are as an easy Christmas present. Expect loads of indie fans to get one for Christmas from the person in their family who can't be bothered to think of anything better.

sadly, without releasing a single, 'normal' people won't hear about the album, only those who read the music press or who like the band already.
so will probly chart lower than the recent Moz Greatest Hits but will go on to sell tons more...

At least in London tube stations have many posters of the compilation.

At least in London tube stations have many posters of the compilation.

that's interesting. not been on the tube for a while.
I remember there was a huge poster campaign for Southpaw Grammar and which turned out to be a (relative) commercial flop.
the only advertising that really works is a having a catchy song on the radio.
I guess posters may be more effective for compilations of well-known bands as people will generally know what music to expect.

PS just seen it's number 20 in the Woolworths chart!

I got my Standard and The 2CD Limited Edition copies today at the Virgin Mega Store in Hollywood, YAY. The Store has this release at the very front of the store and they're on sale, the standar at 10.00 and the Limited Edition at 16.99 + tax. I am very pleased with the sound, its superb, well done. :guitar::cool:

I think Warner UK will be pleased so long as it sells a couple of hundred thousand copies worldwide and if not, too bad, I got my copies, LOL.

A respectful 9.

It was number 20 in Woolworths in a very crap Midlands town on Tuesday.

One never knows... Maybe there'll be a late surge to ensure ownership of that Charming Man remix only available on CD2. As its been remastered

Back
Top Bottom