Question for vegans and vegetarians and omnivores as well...

No moralizing and high horse riding if you are not vegan. Brummie is the only one in this thread who can pass any judgement. That is, if he really is vegan. He claims he is a persona. So who knows for certain?

I'm not moralising and I'm not passing judgement. I'm reporting reality. The fact that this is challenging to many doesn't invalidate it."Surely how I feel is not nothing?" Not that I'm dependent on anyone or anything for validation. I am, indeed, vegan, but I would eat Hare Krishna ruminant gift eggs and ghee, milk, paneer. Maybe once or twice a year. And I'd eat shellfish I could gather if i needed to, just like my mother Mitochondrial Eve did after the Bottleneck. Animals have no problem with us ingesting their life force if we need to survive, but we're not back there, we're here and it's now, so stretch out and wait...

http://io9.com/5878996/how-mitochondrial-eve-connected-all-humanity-and-rewrote-human-evolution

As a child, I almost starved in rural Ireland rathe than submit to totalitarian carnism.

Everyone is a 'persona' whether they consciously realise it or not. If you accept Morrissey's persona as 'authentic' you how you reconcile wathcing Meat Is Murder being sung by a Dairyist, whilst being a Carnist?

I'd eat meat if I had to survive, but I would sacrfice the animal with 'religious' respect, but such a scenario is beyond satire and science-fiction, unless I was born Inuit.

http://challengeoppression.com/2010/02/16/domination-and-rape-in-avatar-this-is-respect-for-animals/

I'm moving on. There is so much to celebrate. I assure you I am not a 'militant'. People ask me why I'm such a happy person and I tell them the truth: I'm glad to be alive, and glad to share this life with other sentient beings of every species. I don't refuse medicine because the pills have casein in them, and I don't insult genuine hospitality so long as the host is not politicising food by demanding carno-normative compliance. I never eat animal flesh or milk, but I do eat a morsel of wedding cake with egg and milk in it: to not do so would be self-aggrandising bullshit and detrimental to 'in jubilo!'. I am The Joy Machine, not the Viva Hate Meme Machine. I'm so grateful I dodged that bullet when the circumstances of my youth presented the total vindcation for crossing the Rubicon to the dark side of Sith-dom. After The Smiths, is it time for The Siths...LOL!Light sabres, Lightworkers, hey, MIDNITE! how r u?

"Boucher has stated that she eats vegan most of the time, but partakes of non-vegan foods under circumstances she deems it inconvenient for others to cater to her nutritional needs."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)

onwards! upwards! in jubilo! amor fati!

BrummieBoy

Well stated.

Is the vegan thing an attempt to claim glory though? A fashion accessory? A blog filler? If not then fine, otherwise the motives could be viewed by others as suspect. Do you see my point? People often become vegan for ethical reasons and it's a lifetime commitment. A one month gesture for a forum response could be viewed very cynically by people here

Is the vegan thing an attempt to claim glory though? A fashion accessory? A blog filler? If not then fine, otherwise the motives could be viewed by others as suspect. Do you see my point? People often become vegan for ethical reasons and it's a lifetime commitment. A one month gesture for a forum response could be viewed very cynically by people here

I'm doing it for me. I have to make some changes. A better diet might make me feel better. It is for selfish reasons, if I am to be honest. A short-term change won't do much in the way of alleviating any suffering. It is a test. One which, to be honest, I would not have asked of myself, if I hadn't been discussing the ethics of animal consumption these last few days. We all get in comfort zones. Sometimes we need something to jolt us out of them. I am shooting for a month because I think it is a reasonable time frame to give it a shot. I could simply go vegetarian... forever probably. That is pretty easy compared to vegan. Funny, I might actually eat more ethically than Moz for a month. Now wouldn't that be something?

Do I really need to defend this anymore? Are you satisfied? I see it like a person quitting smoking. Even for a month. Do they need to explain why? Who cares? Quitting is a good thing no matter what the reasons. It can't hurt. Same with animal free for a month... may lower my cholesterol? May make me happier?

October is the perfect time to do this for me as it is a month of reflection and change for me anyhow. I couldn't pick a better month to make this sacrifice in.

I'm doing it for me. I have to make some changes. A better diet might make me feel better. It is for selfish reasons, if I am to be honest. A short-term change won't do much in the way of alleviating any suffering. It is a test. One which, to be honest, I would not have asked of myself, if I hadn't been discussing the ethics of animal consumption these last few days. We all get in comfort zones. Sometimes we need something to jolt us out of them. I am shooting for a month because I think it is a reasonable time frame to give it a shot. I could simply go vegetarian... forever probably. That is pretty easy compared to vegan. Funny, I might actually eat more ethically than Moz for a month. Now wouldn't that be something?

Do I really need to defend this anymore? Are you satisfied? I see it like a person quitting smoking. Even for a month. Do they need to explain why? Who cares? Quitting is a good thing no matter what the reasons. It can't hurt. Same with animal free for a month... may lower my cholesterol? May make me happier?

October is the perfect time to do this for me as it is a month of reflection and change for me anyhow. I couldn't pick a better month to make this sacrifice in.

No you don't need to defend what you do in the kitchen, unless you make it public, which you have, then you may do

No you don't need to defend what you do in the kitchen, unless you make it public, which you have, then you may do

Yeah, I didn't announce/mention it publicly until I was sure I was going to do it. Now I am getting just a little nervous. It would be cool if others joined in as well... but absolutely unnecessary. As I said, I am doing it for me. I won't be posting in the meat thread all that time. At least not in support of eating flesh. I hope I don't upset my omnivore friends. Will they feel this is a betrayal? I hope not. I have a way of pissing EVERYONE off, so it seems.

Question for Brummie. Was in the kitchen chopping up some veggies when I got to thinking, as I am wont to do. I wondered, what does Brummie's dog eat? Is he vegan? Surely he can dictate the dog's diet... even if he has a bit of resistance from the wife and kids, no?

Once, this was an often discussed issue in the household and a flashpoint until Alfie Silver Snowy Starlight, our Westie, intervened and explained: He is an omnivore, not an obligate carnivore like the next door neighbours cat (Alfie and that cat really do argue!).

If humans stop raising slaughter animals for their food, there will be no market for leftover 'pet' food, it would become prohibitively expensive. The same applies to suede and leather. And the concept and existence of 'pets' would gradually vanish. Alfie does not agree with the concept of 'pet' or 'companion animal', though he is very forgiving of our mistake in propagating both pedigree tyranny and the cult of 'pets'.

Carnism is the driver of all this and specious sophistry about pet diets doesn't change those facts.

Animals do not exist for our purposes. My dog eats mainly the meat that others leave for waste. I do not object as the slaughter has already taken place. I objected to the notion of a 'pet dog' but our children were adamant that they had the 'right' to a puppy. I was not living in the household when the decision was made. I feed Alfie mostly the same food I eat, screening it for toxins:

http://www.vegan-heartland.com/2012/06/making-your-own-vegan-dog-food.html

I refuse to serve him industrial slaughter food products. I feed him similar food to mine, but screened for toxins and dog poisons. I would have Alfie humanely put down rather than sacrifice other animals to feed my vanity as a 'pet owner'. Pets are unnatural and selfish, though I have never loved so intensely as with Alfie. Not my wife, not my children. He is my spirit guide, my shaman, my daemon, and he revealed the map of canine consciousness that allowed me to transcend the petty drivel of human existence. Philip Pullman would understand. Alfie is dying of cancer, possibly because he has been fed poisonous industrial chemitrail meat. Dogs are not 'natural'. He is not a wolf, he is a human-sculpted chimera and he knows it. But he is forgiveness in motion, a blast of pure positive energy. He is very close to an archangel, even though such things exist only in our archetypal subconscious:

http://angels.about.com/od/Miracles...rs-Animal-Angels-Spirit-Guides-And-Totems.htm

If your intent was to box me into fundamentalist ethical veganism whereby every action is fraught with Jainist conundrums, then it's just another epicFAIL! Again, you are unconsciously modelling ethics on redundant religiosity. I am a pragmatist as well as an ethicist. I work to systematically erase unnecessary cruelty in my life, which includes the very notion of 'pets'. However, I do not 'coerce' others, either on an online forum, in a democratic household, or in activism to protect animals. I don't need to 'coerce'.

I've never met a Carnist who can provide me with a sensible reason for their behaviour. And I've never met a dog who didn't implore me to end the cycle of pain and selfish cruelty that is 'pets'. Does that answer your question.

I would rather have a vegan dog than a sports car, but both are selfish delusion. I dream of running with wolves in habitat terrains rewilded for their needs, not the needs of greedy, selfish anthropomorphic speciesist human slave owners.

http://www.birminghamliteraturefestival.org/event/george-monbiot-feral/

"George Monbiot – Feral: Searching for enchantment on the frontiers of rewilding" "From the seas of north Wales, where he kayaks among feeding frenzies of dolphins and seabirds, to the forests of Eastern Europe, where lynx stalk and packs of wolves roam, George Monbiot shows how rewilding could repair the living planet, creating ecosystems in the UK as profuse and captivating as any around the world. Already, large wild animals are beginning to spread back across Europe, and fin whales, humpback whales and bluefin tuna are returning to the seas around Britain."

'Pets are a poor excuse for the orgasmic climax ecosystems of a rewilding planet.

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo!

BrummieBoy (no call out for badgers tonight..)

Once, this was an often discussed issue in the household and a flashpoint until Alfie Silver Snowy Starlight, our Westie, intervened and explained: He is an omnivore, not an obligate carnivore like the next door neighbours cat (Alfie and that cat really do argue!).

If humans stop raising slaughter animals for their food, there will be no market for leftover 'pet' food, it would become prohibitively expensive. The same applies to suede and leather. And the concept and existence of 'pets' would gradually vanish. Alfie does not agree with the concept of 'pet' or 'companion animal', though he is very forgiving of our mistake in propagating both pedigree tyranny and the cult of 'pets'.

Carnism is the driver of all this and specious sophistry about pet diets doesn't change those facts.

Animals do not exist for our purposes. My dog eats mainly the meat that others leave for waste. I do not object as the slaughter has already taken place. I objected to the notion of a 'pet dog' but our children were adamant that they had the 'right' to a puppy. I was not living in the household when the decision was made. I feed Alfie mostly the same food I eat, screening it for toxins:

http://www.vegan-heartland.com/2012/06/making-your-own-vegan-dog-food.html

I refuse to serve him industrial slaughter food products. I feed him similar food to mine, but screened for toxins and dog poisons. I would have Alfie humanely put down rather than sacrifice other animals to feed my vanity as a 'pet owner'. Pets are unnatural and selfish, though I have never loved so intensely as with Alfie. Not my wife, not my children. He is my spirit guide, my shaman, my daemon, and he revealed the map of canine consciousness that allowed me to transcend the petty drivel of human existence. Philip Pullman would understand. Alfie is dying of cancer, possibly because he has been fed poisonous industrial chemitrail meat. Dogs are not 'natural'. He is not a wolf, he is a human-sculpted chimera and he knows it. But he is forgiveness in motion, a blast of pure positive energy. He is very close to an archangel, even though such things exist only in our archetypal subconscious:

http://angels.about.com/od/Miracles...rs-Animal-Angels-Spirit-Guides-And-Totems.htm

If your intent was to box me into fundamentalist ethical veganism whereby every action is fraught with Jainist conundrums, then it's just another epicFAIL! Again, you are unconsciously modelling ethics on redundant religiosity. I am a pragmatist as well as an ethicist. I work to systematically erase unnecessary cruelty in my life, which includes the very notion of 'pets'. However, I do not 'coerce' others, either on an online forum, in a democratic household, or in activism to protect animals. I don't need to 'coerce'.

I've never met a Carnist who can provide me with a sensible reason for their behaviour. And I've never met a dog who didn't implore me to end the cycle of pain and selfish cruelty that is 'pets'. Does that answer your question.

I would rather have a vegan dog than a sports car, but both are selfish delusion. I dream of running with wolves in habitat terrains rewilded for their needs, not the needs of greedy, selfish anthropomorphic speciesist human slave owners.

http://www.birminghamliteraturefestival.org/event/george-monbiot-feral/

"George Monbiot – Feral: Searching for enchantment on the frontiers of rewilding" "From the seas of north Wales, where he kayaks among feeding frenzies of dolphins and seabirds, to the forests of Eastern Europe, where lynx stalk and packs of wolves roam, George Monbiot shows how rewilding could repair the living planet, creating ecosystems in the UK as profuse and captivating as any around the world. Already, large wild animals are beginning to spread back across Europe, and fin whales, humpback whales and bluefin tuna are returning to the seas around Britain."

'Pets are a poor excuse for the orgasmic climax ecosystems of a rewilding planet.

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo!

BrummieBoy (no call out for badgers tonight..)

Was not trying to trick you. Or trap you. Or box you in. I appreciate your honesty and sincerity. There are no absolutes here, as has been shown/demonstrated. It's a continuum. We all decide what impact/imprint we are willing and wanting to make. I admire your courage to fight for the causes you believe in. Your enthusiasm is contagious. I am certain you see the positive effects of this in your life away from the keyboard.

Walk in peace. But don't walk alone if you don't have to.

Regards,
From the red rocks of Arizona.

Last edited:
I give you credit even if you reject it. Just got done taking all the things non-vegan friendly out of the cupboards, and put them into two bins. Next, I will use up any perishables from the fridge and freezer. Out of sight, out of mind. Was think thinking about starting in October. But, I am actually kind of excited to give it a go. Probably will start much sooner. I won't need supplements as it is only for a month. I think I have enough B12 stored in my cells to keep me healthy for that short of a time frame. And iron can be ingested through plants and beans. I know lots about food and nutrition. These won't be barriers... and budget won't be an issue either... as I only need to cook this diet for myself. And I won't be buying processed crap. No thanks. I love to cook. So I want to have fun with it and get creative. But... it is that darn pesky palate of mine that will be my greatest obstacle. But I am going to do it. I'll blog about it, of course. That's what blogs are for. :p

That would be cool if we did it together. I'm game. And if anybody else wants to try, please join in. :)

I admire your courage in taking this discussion from the screen to the kitchen and shopping trolley. It could be an interesting philosophical experiment. Are withdrawal cravings from habit, hormonal distortion from chemicalised meat, or just the expansion of a comfort zone? I am facing cravings as I move into 'intermittent fasting' as detox and calorie restriction to reverse years of excess sugar-carbs-alcohol. Even if you decide to revert to carnism, you will have proven to yourself that you can construct a serious existential challenge linking online with real-life. I hope you find it rewarding. The key is 'satiation', small amounts of nutrient dense super foods that prevent/preclude binging on filler carbs and excessive protein (animal or plant). I'm tempted to do a raw food diet for a month. You may scoff, but I enjoy Goop, well, the vegan stuff!

http://www.goop.com/recipes

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/sep/07/gwyneth-paltrow-juice-recipes

Good luck with your experiment and I hope you find it rewarding, regardless of where it leads. If you have some basic blood tests before and after, you might be surprised/shocked by the results. Morrissey really was talking nonsense about China:

http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2011/09/23/china-study-cheat-sheet-10-things-you-need-to-know/#

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo
BrummieBoy

I admire your courage in taking this discussion from the screen to the kitchen and shopping trolley. It could be an interesting philosophical experiment. Are withdrawal cravings from habit, hormonal distortion from chemicalised meat, or just the expansion of a comfort zone?

Yeah, it will.

I am facing cravings as I move into 'intermittent fasting' as detox and calorie restriction to reverse years of excess sugar-carbs-alcohol. Even if you decide to revert to carnism, you will have proven to yourself that you can construct a serious existential challenge linking online with real-life. I hope you find it rewarding. The key is 'satiation', small amounts of nutrient dense super foods that prevent/preclude binging on filler carbs and excessive protein (animal or plant). I'm tempted to do a raw food diet for a month. You may scoff, but I enjoy Goop, well, the vegan stuff!

The biggest challenge for me will be texture. That chew factor. Mushrooms are a great substitute. Grilled portobellos. :yum: And there are some great soy based products out there these days. And there is always Quorn. I have my little booklet here... jotting down notes. Making my plan. Oh, I just reserved, Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism, from my local library. Should have it in a couple days... being sent from another branch. I think it will make the perfect companion read during my vegan challenge.

http://www.goop.com/recipes

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/sep/07/gwyneth-paltrow-juice-recipes

Good luck with your experiment and I hope you find it rewarding, regardless of where it leads. If you have some basic blood tests before and after, you might be surprised/shocked by the results. Morrissey really was talking nonsense about China:

http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2011/09/23/china-study-cheat-sheet-10-things-you-need-to-know/#

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo
BrummieBoy

Blood work before and after would be interesting, wouldn't it? Thanks for the well wishes. And Links to recipes.

Last edited:
@BrummieBoy. We have talked about the cult of theism (I have), the cult of personality (you have), and the cult of carnism (lots have). What's left? The cult of consumerism. Love to hear your thoughts on that. In this thread or another. Surely you have something to say about the most offensive and pervasive cult of all. I have my thoughts... general ideas and opinions. What are yours? Share them in this thread... fit them in somehow so it doesn't seem to be off topic. You are good at that. Tie it all in. Mention Morrissey if you have to. Make it all seem relevant. Connected. One big hegemonic cult of...?

@realitybites "And there are some great soy based products out there these days"

Some macho types once claimed I was too "squeamish" to eat meat and that my veganism was just an excuse, a front to avoid the fact I was a "sissy" grass-eating herbivore. So I invited them round to dinner and served them Natto. It was one of the funniest events in my life. They were absolutely horrified and couldn't believe they were unable to cope with hard-core vegan cuisine. A similar thing happened in Thailand with some American soldiers who were totally convinced they were tougher than the Brit Vegan "BrummieBoy", until it came to eating Durian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nattō

http://www.thai-food-online.co.uk/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=427#.Uiw-rT-udRo

Don't forget umami, so long as you're ok with glutamate! "Sweet, Sour, Salty, Bitter ... and Umami"
"Aristotle was wrong. Plato was wrong. We have five tastes, not four. But when Ikeda's findings were published," Jonah says, "nobody believes him." So Who Was Right?
It turns out, almost 100 years after Escoffier wrote his cookbook and Ikeda wrote his article, a new generation of scientists took a closer look at the human tongue and discovered, just as those two had insisted, that yes, there is a fifth taste. Humans do have receptors for L-glutamate and when something is really, really yummy in a non-sweet, sour, bitter or salty way, that's what you're tasting. In 2002, this became the new view. It's in the textbooks now and scientists decided to call this "new" taste, in Ikeda's honor, "umami." If you want to get an umami headache, add some monosodium glutamate to your next bowl of noodles.

The Moral

In his new book, Proust Was a Neuroscientist, Jonah tells eight stories that share a common theme. In each case, (he chooses Marcel Proust, Walt Whitman, George Elliot, Paul Cezanne, Igor Stravinsky, Gertrude Stein, Virginia Wolf and, yes Auguste Escoffier) an artist is busy about his/her work and happens to observe something or sense something about the real world that scientists have not yet noticed, or that scientists say is not true. But because artists are so good at describing what it's like to experience the world, so intent on delivering the truth of what it feels like to be alive, so intuitive, in each of these eight cases, the artists learn something that the scientists don't discover until years later.
Art, Jonah reminds us, describes the same world that science does; art just does it by a different route. And sometimes, more often than you would suppose, the artists get there first.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15819485

http://www.theveganrd.com/2012/04/is-umami-a-secret-ingredient-of-vegan-activism.html

And allow yourself some 'junk' from the Post-Punk Kitchen:

http://www.theppk.com/2011/02/mac-shews/

People assume I'm a trained gourmet chef, but I'm not, I just know how to create incredible meals from pristine ingredients, kind of like a Vegan River Cafe:

http://www.rivercafe.co.uk/rc_page.php?pg_id=25

I'm actually working on developing a fusion cuisine that merges River Cafe Italian with Japanese Macrobiotic and forged wild produce from here in The Shire. All entirely vegan. And using Ahimsa and Cow Nation products for weddings and other celebratory recipies, thus honouring animal gift economies and consciousness to the fullest extent I can. I'd even include some lower-order molluscs, but again, only a few times in a lifetime and entirely free of slaughter/torture. I'm not sure about The Sea, about the argument for Seaganism. Another topic, if there are any 'seagans' here. My son leaves for University in Bristol tomorrow, so I'll have more time now I'm not full-on, Soccer Dad, anymore. I hope it goes well. I sometimes slip up and find a rogue ingredient, such as casein in supplements, but it's a journey, and I don't obsess about perfectionism or vegan fundamentalism, as that's also a cult. For me, it's about using my 'intersectional Privilege' to create economic demand for alternatives, but that's a function of money, wealth and power. It's very hard on a budget to balance ethical eating, fairtrade and gourmet challenges. Of course, if I was a multimillionaire 'pop-star', I'd always ensure I eat in, and supported vegan restaurants on tour. And had a vegan chef for health and safety reasons, especially after Morrissey's downfall in Lima!An argument that needs to be briefly considered is that put forth by evangelical ex-vegans like Lierre Keith:

http://www.theveganrd.com/2010/09/review-of-the-vegetarian-myth.html

Even if you return to omnivorism, I hope your month is an expansive interlude. On the B12 issue: it's clear to me that this was part of any human diet in paleotimes, but most vegan sources of this were probably destroyed when Totalitarian Agriculture began in ancient Mesopotamia. I've no doubt that the Amazon and Congo will yield fungal microbiobe sources: if they're not raised for soy to make hamburgers.I spend a lot of time researching innovative food culture from America, you are very fortunate to live in such a crucible of creativity with an enormous climatic cornucopia. Europe is different and more diverse, but Carnism is just as rabid in Murcia as it is in Texas. And here in The Shire.
We'll have 'superfast broadband' here in a few weeks, so I'll finally migrate to a full-on web presence with an entire panoply of social media tools. I'll post the links here when the satirical-surrealist trial run on the absurd Facebook platform concludes. And "The BrummieBoy Project" is ready to roll. Many assumed I'd finally do 'pop' music, but it no longer interests me other than to analyse it's failure, which I've been doing here, using the hapless Morrissey as a research example. Ethical Economics is the new rock'n'roll and Ethical Food is a sub-set. I don't think there's time for any music project as food is what now inspires once I'm freed somewhat from responsibilities to children and a cancer-stircken companion animal/soul mate.

Good luck! I look forward to reading of your adventure on your blog and Flickr accounts.

regards. BB.

@BrummieBoy. We have talked about the cult of theism (I have), the cult of personality (you have), and the cult of carnism (lots have). What's left? The cult of consumerism. Love to hear your thoughts on that. In this thread or another. Surely you have something to say about the most offensive and pervasive cult of all. I have my thoughts... general ideas and opinions. What are yours? Share them in this thread... fit them in somehow so it doesn't seem to be off topic. You are good at that. Tie it all in. Mention Morrissey if you have to. Make it all seem relevant. Connected. One big hegemonic cult of...?

I've been gifted front row seats for Leonard Cohen's show in Birmingham tonight, so I've been reading around that theme and here's something that might answer your question:

"As if the imperfect system of Mammon worshipping replete with consumerism, egoism and alienation had not been imposed by force."

http://www.israelshamir.net/English/wolf.htm

All those fundies on Fox are merely meme machines for ancient Abrahimic war tribes of the X-tians. They have their equivalents in al-quaeda Muslim or ultra-Zionist fanatics. Carnism is the root and source of all other exploitation on the planet and theism is a particularly pernicious propagator of memes of Dominion over non-human Earthlings. I see no difference between 'pop stars' and David Icke or Glenn Beck. Indeed, Glenn has tried to appropriate the genius of Muse, but was repulsed:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ghtwing-conspiracy-theory-subculture-20120928

I have an intensive month of biohacking and physiotherapy to conclude my recovery from a violent crime assault and a car-crash MTBI injury. I won't have time to post here anymore and will only return when our mutual friend Morrissey gets his act together/wigs out again. But you raise an interesting cluster of issues and I hope that's a starting point for any futher ruminations.

regards. BB

@realitybites

I'm concerned to read your latest blog entry, and wonder if your vegan experiment might be another stressor at a difficult stage? It might energise and empower you to challenge yourself, but I would be remiss if I didn't offer some cautions. Moving to a pure energy 'prana' 'ital' vegan diet can release surges of energy which some find disorienting as the body's biochemistry adjusts to a new regime. In particular, the flora of the gut need to reinvent themselves once they realise no more meat and dairy is on offer. Please read this article and be aware that some mood swings may be absolutely to do with gut flora and nothing to do with psychology:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4...ture-of-psychiatry-may-be-inside-your-stomach

regards. BB

@realitybites

I'm concerned to read your latest blog entry, and wonder if your vegan experiment might be another stressor at a difficult stage? It might energise and empower you to challenge yourself, but I would be remiss if I didn't offer some cautions. Moving to a pure energy 'prana' 'ital' vegan diet can release surges of energy which some find disorienting as the body's biochemistry adjusts to a new regime. In particular, the flora of the gut need to reinvent themselves once they realise no more meat and dairy is on offer. Please read this article and be aware that some mood swings may be absolutely to do with gut flora and nothing to do with psychology:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4...ture-of-psychiatry-may-be-inside-your-stomach

regards. BB

Thanks for the heads up.

I've been gifted front row seats for Leonard Cohen's show in Birmingham tonight, so I've been reading around that theme and here's something that might answer your question:

"As if the imperfect system of Mammon worshipping replete with consumerism, egoism and alienation had not been imposed by force."

http://www.israelshamir.net/English/wolf.htm

All those fundies on Fox are merely meme machines for ancient Abrahimic war tribes of the X-tians. They have their equivalents in al-quaeda Muslim or ultra-Zionist fanatics. Carnism is the root and source of all other exploitation on the planet and theism is a particularly pernicious propagator of memes of Dominion over non-human Earthlings. I see no difference between 'pop stars' and David Icke or Glenn Beck. Indeed, Glenn has tried to appropriate the genius of Muse, but was repulsed:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ghtwing-conspiracy-theory-subculture-20120928

I have an intensive month of biohacking and physiotherapy to conclude my recovery from a violent crime assault and a car-crash MTBI injury. I won't have time to post here anymore and will only return when our mutual friend Morrissey gets his act together/wigs out again. But you raise an interesting cluster of issues and I hope that's a starting point for any futher ruminations.

regards. BB

No problem. Some other time then. Or never. Good luck with your recovery. And hugs to your Westie.

Shoes may be a problem. I am not wearing molded, plastic clogs. Will have to think about it. Do some research. I have time. Just thinking about this stuff now.

Why don't you try practicing what you preach for a month?

Maybe flip flops would suit you as a good vegan alternative?

1186067_572144612833741_1216091440_n.png

almost 200 posts in less than a week :eek:
and 10% of it worth reading :thumb:
some pretty high numbers(in both cases) for this place these days :cool:

Wait till God gets back and decides who should go to hell and who shouldn't

Back
Top Bottom