RARE CDS

B

Boz Boorer

OK, what can anybody tell me about the following live albums I found on ebay?

GENIUS STEALS
SAME DAY AGAIN
ELDORADO ELDORADO
UNLOVEABLE

Morrissey:
I'M A POET
NEW YORK NEW YORK

Also THE TROY TATE SESSIONS were on there. Where does this stuff come from? Has it ever been released? Where can you get it from? And is it any good? Any other ones you know of? Cheers.

none of that is rare, you can trade with anyone in the marketplace

> OK, what can anybody tell me about the following live albums I found on
> ebay?

> GENIUS STEALS
> SAME DAY AGAIN
> ELDORADO ELDORADO
> UNLOVEABLE

> Morrissey:
> I'M A POET
> NEW YORK NEW YORK

> Also THE TROY TATE SESSIONS were on there. Where does this stuff come
> from? Has it ever been released? Where can you get it from? And is it any
> good? Any other ones you know of? Cheers.

These are bootlegs. I'm not familiar with all of them, as I'm not that into
bootlegs (I wish Morrissey would pick the best boots and just officially release them someday...).

I have that NY, NY one, and I don't think it's worth paying for.

I also have the Troy Tate sessions. This one's worth it! Some earlier versions of some of the first Smiths songs.

I don't know about most of those, but "Same Day Again" is an excellent recording of a 1985 show in Oxford, four tracks of which appear on the flip side of "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore". It's got 14 tracks and is a very good recording.

The CD was released by a small Italian "label" called Big Music, and they did an excellent job on the CD, even springing for a vaguely passable cover. They also released "Last of the English Roses" and "Thank Your Lucky Stars" (I believe that's the title), two excellent recordings of shows in, respectively, London ('84) and Los Angeles ('86).

These are great recordings to have, although you may as well trade for them (as killconrado suggested) or just download them for free. I understand you can get the entire L.A. show using Kazaa. But do get them somehow-- they're exceptional bootlegs.

Back
Top Bottom