Record Store - anyone else experiencing problems with them?

bainy

the happyone
On the back of the signed Best Of LP autographed no show fiasco when it probably wasn't their fault but they never had the decency to come clean, I was wondering if any one else is experiencing the same problems I am at the moment. I've used them for years with no problems. I pre-ordered a signed CD which has been in stock now since last Friday and hasn't been posted yet. I cannot contact them on the phone. All you get is a pre-recorded message saying they cannot answer any queries over the phone at the moment so email them. If you email them you won't get a reply and they ignore you.
They used to be so efficient but are a shambles at the moment. They have just introduced a new computer system which may or may not be the cause of these issues. Sounds like they are cocking up and the response is to not communicate with their customers.. Pre-ordered items were sent out the day they received them with an email notification and you could get a reply out of them if required. Oh and they now charge your bank account when you place the order not when the goods were shipped which was their policy before the recent change. And don't get me started on the new policy of allocating signed stuff by way of "in order of orders processed" as opposed to first come first served.

:mad:

Always received anything that i ordered from Recordstore, and Steve looked after us with the first lot of Morrissey signed items, but the way they fell into lying to us so easily over the Best of lp is a worry.

check your messages.

Last edited:
More problems with signed stuff. I ordered a signed version of the debut CD of Bill Ryder-Jones weeks ago and the new Campensinos CD a few days ago (it was only first advertised that day). Both arrived yesterday - unsigned. Both are still advertised now on their website as being available as signed versions on a "first come first served basis". All this signed stuff has turned into an absolute shambles in the last few months. I've emailed them and will no doubt get a reply in a few days time saying soory about the mix up and oh by the time we've replied to you we've just sold the last signed versions (assuming they actually exist). Not amused.

Last edited:
Eventually got a reply from them. 2 days to tell me they will ivestigate at their warehouse and another 2 days to let me know. Los Campesinos was a "cock up" at the warehouse and is now rectified - signed copy on way to me. That's the good news. The bad news is that they don't have any signed Bill Ryder Jones CDs left implying that I was unlucky as it was a limited edition. Sound reasonable? Except I ordered it 6 weeks ago and it was advertised as "first come first served" basis. I ordered it the first day it appeared on their website and I reckon I must have been the first to order it. It was weeks before they started promoting it on their webste. For the whole 6 weeks until release date it has only ever been advertised as being available signed on a "first come first served" basis. It is still advertised NOW as this. So there is no way I was "unlucky". It was either a cock up on their part (they admitted it on the Los Campesinos so why not this one) or they never had any in the first place. I've checked on Ebay and Google and there is not one single signed copy out there.
Please bear this in mind the next time they advertise a signed Morrissey item or anybody else. The "no shows" are becoming more frequent.

Back
Top Bottom