Remake a Morrissey album

Listen to the album version of Glamorous Glue and then listen to the version from Saturday Night Live or Beethoven Was Deaf.

Ronson stuffed Alain's solo right up his bum.

You're right in regard to this song. Just had another listen ( to the SNL and YA versions) - the song does lose some vibrancy in the studio version with Boz's trebley rhythm guitar partly mixed out/down. Alain's lead does sound somewhat sat on. Also, I suppose, on the YA version ,the end of Alain's solo gets muted to allow for Morrissey's inconsequential ( in this instance) murmurings.

Quite happily , I don't know exactly where Mick Ronson put Alain's solo - I'll leave that to the experts...

"I've never heard Station to Station and I don't intend to."

Disqualification!!! Forever!!!

we'll let you know

Southpaw Grammar:

1. Teachers are afraid of the pupils- Have the string/drum loop going on for like 20 sec then let the drums enter like on the live version
2. The Boy Racer
3. Do your best and Don't Worry
4. Nobody Loves Us
5. Whatever Happens I Love You
6. Boxers
7. Swallow On My Neck
8. You should have been Nice to Me
9. Reader Meet Author
10. You Must Please Remember
11. Sunny
12. Southpaw

This would have been one of his best albums.

To be fair, the album does sound much better on vinyl. :D

Oh please, son. You do not have it on vinyl...do you?

"I've never heard Station to Station and I don't intend to."

Disqualification!!! Forever!!!

we'll let you know

I hope you get pills or surgery for whatever the heck is wrong with you that causes your bizarre annoying random useless posts.

And my sympathies on being banned, by the way. Must suck.

I hope you get pills or surgery for whatever the heck is wrong with you that causes your bizarre annoying random useless posts.

And my sympathies on being banned, by the way. Must suck.

Sad son,

You just don't get it, do you? This is your prove - you know shit about music. You don't know "Station to Station"?! By Jove, who are you? "Station to Station" is alphabet of pop/rock genre! How can you say even one word considering any songster, and know nothing about milestone like "Station to Station"? Christ, this is awful! You are discharged from a job 'pop/rock opinion'! This is the end of your nick on this site. No one believes nothing from you! You should go to kindergarten, because you need basic education of pop-culture. Morrissey saw David Bowie cca 15 times before he become 'Smith' and you know nothing about David Bowie! DB is essential during Morrissey formative years, and you know crap about that - and you talk about Morrissey with such pretentious stand all the time!
Sad son, get off the stage!
"...on being banned" Be sure, DavidT and P. will agree with me considering this - you can't write seriously (seriously!) about Morrissey without groundwork. And David Bowie is groundwork.

we'll let you know

We's do.

DSCF3415.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3415.jpg
    DSCF3415.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 3
Sad son,

You just don't get it, do you? This is your prove - you know shit about music. You don't know "Station to Station"?! By Jove, who are you? "Station to Station" is alphabet of pop/rock genre! How can you say even one word considering any songster, and know nothing about milestone like "Station to Station"? Christ, this is awful! You are discharged from a job 'pop/rock opinion'! This is the end of your nick on this site. No one believes nothing from you! You should go to kindergarten, because you need basic education of pop-culture. Morrissey saw David Bowie cca 15 times before he become 'Smith' and you know nothing about David Bowie! DB is essential during Morrissey formative years, and you know crap about that - and you talk about Morrissey with such pretentious stand all the time!
Sad son, get off the stage!
"...on being banned" Be sure, DavidT and P. will agree with me considering this - you can't write seriously (seriously!) about Morrissey without groundwork. And David Bowie is groundwork.

we'll let you know

One more time now, but in English.

Christ that's cool as f***, man. Good job.

'Ringleader Of The Tormentors'

1. Life Is A Pigsty
2. Good Looking Man About Town
3. You Have Killed Me
4. If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
5. Christian Dior
6. To Me You Are A Work Of Art
7. Ganglord
8. I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now
9. Sweetie-Pie
10. I Will See You In Far-Off
11. In The Future When All's Well
12. Dear God Please Help Me

Good Looking Man About Town (Single) - The Youngest Was The Most Loved, A Song From Under The Floorboards
In The Future When All's Well (Single) - I Knew I Was Next, Human Being

Dear God Please Help Me - Original full orchestral version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7GsCREwos
Sweetie-Pie - Original Mikey Farrell version sans ambient noises and Kristeen Young. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQ3tgyAWC0
In The Future When All's Well - Change lyric to "something must have gone wrong" as it is in live performances.

Bona Drag

1. November Spawned a Monster
2. Striptease With A Difference
3. At Amber
4. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
5. Yes, I Am Blind
6. Girl Least Likely To
7. Oh Phoney
8. He Knows I'd Love To See Him
9. Piccadilly Palare
10. Get Off The Stage

One thing I would definitely change sonically is the Piccadilly Palare mix. To me the best version is the shitty sounding bootleg version that surfaced about ten years ago with a few other leaks. That version had the extra verse that eventually came out on Bona Drag 2, but it also had the accentuated "No, Dad, I won't be home tomorrow..." coda, which he also sang live on the Kill Uncle tour, but which was left muted in the Mk. 2 version. So yeah, a fully mastered version of the unreleased mix would be the one I'd put on the record. Otherwise, the 2010 version. At any rate that song is one of my favorites of his, or of anyone's.

Singles:

Piccadilly Palare b/w The Bed Took Fire and East West
Girl Least Likely To b/w Happy Lovers At Last United* and November the 2nd**

*even though it's an older track from way before they started the Bona Drag sessions, it would have made a fine b-side
**I hate this mix, but I was left with very little else to choose from

'Ringleader Of The Tormentors'

1. Life Is A Pigsty
2. Good Looking Man About Town
3. You Have Killed Me
4. If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
5. Christian Dior
6. To Me You Are A Work Of Art
7. Ganglord
8. I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now
9. Sweetie-Pie
10. I Will See You In Far-Off
11. In The Future When All's Well
12. Dear God Please Help Me

Good Looking Man About Town (Single) - The Youngest Was The Most Loved, A Song From Under The Floorboards
In The Future When All's Well (Single) - I Knew I Was Next, Human Being

Dear God Please Help Me - Original full orchestral version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7GsCREwos
Sweetie-Pie - Original Mikey Farrell version sans ambient noises and Kristeen Young. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQ3tgyAWC0
In The Future When All's Well - Change lyric to "something must have gone wrong" as it is in live performances.

I thought you said this was actually a Quarry outtake(?)...doesn't that disqualify it?

And can you go over that again, while we're on the subject?

I thought you said this was actually a Quarry outtake(?)...doesn't that disqualify it?

And can you go over that again, while we're on the subject?

If it was released as a Ringleader B-side, it deserves to be on the Ringleader album.

You'll have to ask Viva about that.

Whenever I want to play "Ringleader of The Tormentors" the right way, I put on "Meat Is Murder".

Vauxhall and I

And I'd completely remix this record, it sounds like it's stuffed with cotton and being held underwater. I'd make the whole thing much louder and crisper and give the songs the feel they have in concert.

Completely agree. I only have the CD - is it that way on the LP, too? Funny, but of the thousands of songs on my iPod, the Vauxhall tunes are the quietest and I always need to turn up the volume significantly.

Back
Top Bottom