Royal Albert Hall gig is on!!

The man hops out of his hospital bed and practically straight onto stage again. Cue the critics on here!

For pitys sake :straightface:

I'm not an uber-critic most of the time concerning Moz live as its a lifetime's pre-occupation. I usually enjoy it. Regardless. And I'm not cynical re: Swindon Kudos to Moz for doing the gig in the circumstances But... I can only tell it as I saw it. He looked f***ed off with the reaction. Which manifested itself in 'witty' comments.

I agree that the crowd were a bit dull, but maybe if they weren't so concerned with taking a million photos each to put of their facebook or something.

I think it's funny that people are saying he was struggling with the encore, he didn't even sing half of it, due to being pulled and grabbed by the audience.

I enjoyed it, so nevermind, nevermind.*

I heard a conversation between 2 security before hand, one of them was saying he heard that people might get up on stage, the other asked "why?", the first replys "I don't know" LOL I don't think they were terribly well informed, the same security guy got very aggro with one bloke who went over and grabbed Moz.

*for the record, i see a lot of live bands, mostly Psychobilly. Worlds apart but the lack of a wreck meant nothing. Viva Morrissey.

Last edited:
The man hops out of his hospital bed and practically straight onto stage again. Cue the critics on here!

For pitys sake :straightface:

I agree. Even if he wasn't on tip-top amazing form (which I can't comment on one way or the other) it sounds like he did bloody well, considering. I'm just glad it all went well and that most people enjoyed it. Hopefully some videos will be up on Youtube at some point. Can't wait until the oppurtunity comes up to see him play a successful live show in the not too distant future. Viva Moz! :p

Last edited:
I heard a conversation between 2 security before hand, one of them was saying he heard that people might get up on stage, the other asked "why?", the first replys "I don't know" LOL I don't think they were terribly well informed, the same security guy got very aggro with one bloke who went over and grabbed Moz.

I heard that conversation too, I think you were stood behind me. I apologise if I was getting in your way taking pictures, which actually turned out mostly crap - that'll teach me.

yeah I saw him, and all the fat piss heads in the england shirts trying to bully there way in.

yeah I saw him, and all the fat piss heads in the england shirts trying to bully there way in.

I know, i was thinking... mate, i've not been stood here for over 2 hours to have some drunk twat barge in and block my view, so just keep jostling me from behind, you'll need a piss soon enough.

Yeah, I don't understand these comments about him "struggling" with the encore at all. As someone who has seen him a fair share of times, he seemed just fine to me, and I can usually tell when he's "struggling." All things considered, he was back on top form. I found a clip anyways.

And regarding WDYFOFY, if you listen to it again, he clearly says "funny" career, not "f***ing" career.

Last edited by a moderator:
With regard to the comments on the gig maybe not beig up to scratch ..

If im lucky, i will get to see Morrissey about once a year.

I think some people get to go to so many Morrissey gigs they take it for granted. I'm not meaning this in a bad way, i just think it would be the same for most people .. the same thing constantly is bound to have less of an impact each time ..

im sure there will be some who dissagree and say, no, each and every time seeing Morrissey is like afresh and has the same impact .. i just think some people may take it for granted ..

All i know is every Moz gig i go to, i'm aware that it may be a very long time before I get to see him agen.. For this reason, i found the Royal Albert Hall gig the best gig ever!!! ... I got to see Morrissey!!!! ... What more could i have wanted????

if he was to have come on stage and fiddled with is belly fluff for an hour and a half as the band sat there and licked their instruments, then i may have been a tad dissapointed .. but that didnt happen..

What happened was .. I stood in the ROYAL ALBERT HALL and MORRISSEY came out and sing amazing songs with an awesome band ..

... i'm very happy with that. Personally.

I think a lot of fans that go too often tend to overanalyse every thing he does and says and imbue it with significant (usually negative) meaning that Morrissey just doesn't mean.

If he makes little quips its usually just for something to say, not because he wants to make some obscure point or dig. If he's got something negative to say he'll come out and say it. Equally if he's not very chatty during a performance it doesn't necessarily mean that he's pissed off with the audience, it probably means he can't think of anything to say.

Casual fans seem to take the gigs more at face value and tend to enjoy them more because of it.

With regard to the comments on the gig maybe not beig up to scratch ..

If im lucky, i will get to see Morrissey about once a year.

I think some people get to go to so many Morrissey gigs they take it for granted. I'm not meaning this in a bad way, i just think it would be the same for most people .. the same thing constantly is bound to have less of an impact each time ..

im sure there will be some who dissagree and say, no, each and every time seeing Morrissey is like afresh and has the same impact .. i just think some people may take it for granted ..

All i know is every Moz gig i go to, i'm aware that it may be a very long time before I get to see him agen.. For this reason, i found the Royal Albert Hall gig the best gig ever!!! ... I got to see Morrissey!!!! ... What more could i have wanted????

if he was to have come on stage and fiddled with is belly fluff for an hour and a half as the band sat there and licked their instruments, then i may have been a tad dissapointed .. but that didnt happen..

What happened was .. I stood in the ROYAL ALBERT HALL and MORRISSEY came out and sing amazing songs with an awesome band ..

... i'm very happy with that. Personally.

Same.

You need to get out more

You need to stfu, more.

It was only my 2nd Moz gig (the other being the first night at Brixton), and I bloody loved it.

He was in great voice, full of energy, the setlist was very good (Cemetry Gates:)), and I was at the front.

Maybe there were a few too many trendy, middle class London-types, but I can't say that I particularly noticed or let it detract from my enjoyment of the performance.

I've read reports Morrissey was making 'sly' comments about Swindon at his Royal Albert Hall gig? Does anybody know what this is about?? I was at the Swindon gig...and about 95% of the Swindon crowed were just concerned for Mozza, only a few minority started booing...I hope he comes back here. Dan x

I'm glad people enjoyed it. Think Jones may have encapsulated my attitude towards proceedings. My girlfriend who is not a fan thought it was ok and agreed with the GQ review ref: fascination with morbidity. Anyway enjoy the rest of the tour folks. Must say the sound and lighting were 20times better than 2002. Sadly the setlist, banter and moz weren't. Each to their own though. It was only a gig. Which is the ultimate insult!

I've read reports Morrissey was making 'sly' comments about Swindon at his Royal Albert Hall gig? Does anybody know what this is about?? I was at the Swindon gig and about 95% of the Swindon crowed were just concerned for Mozza, only a few minority started booing...I hope he comes back here. Dan x

Where did you read the reports?

Wasn't at the gig but am listening to it now thanks to the link in the Downloads Section - thanks to the uploader!

He sounds slighty hoarse on some tracks but I've found his voice getting more and more like this on every tour - I think it's just an age thing combined with his own admittance that he does little to protect his voice. - but it's nowhere near as bad as I had been led to believe by some comments.

But he did sound very chipper with the banter with the crowd. Though the Ally Pally bit was :crazy:

The crowd does sound very subdued in the recording though.

Nowhere Fast sounded great as did Cemetry Gates, Is It Really So Strange and Teenage Dad was ace!

The Loop - christ I don't think I could ever get tired of listening to this current arrangement. It makes you want to grab a gran and boogie!

Death At Ones Elbow sounded....odd, not sure if it was the subdued start or if I'm biased because I never really liked it. Likewise Because Of My Poor Education; it was a bit ....meh. He picked up on that with the "That bad, eh?" comment.

Sounded like a good gig to me anyways, but what do I know; I'm just some guy on the internets!

EDIT: And it was definately "some men here, they have a special interest in your FUNNY career" during WDYFOFY.

Tags
hope he's ok moistissey no good dead
Back
Top Bottom