San Antonio, TX show cancelled according to venue

Link from VivaMoz of The Wave:

Tobin Center - Morrissey

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
FOLLOWING HEALTH CONCERNS STEMMING FROM MORRISSEY'S APPEARANCE IN TUCSON, IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS THAT TONIGHT'S SOLD OUT ENGAGEMENT IN SAN ANTONIO AT THE TOBIN CENTER IS CANCELLED TO ALLOW HIM TO FULLY RECUPERATE. YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION CREDIT CARD, OR IF PURCHASED BY CASH OR CHECK A CHECK WILL BE MAILED TO THE NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION.

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey cancels third straight San Antonio concert - San Antonio Express-News

Last edited:
Like the one who said that Jesse left the band?
No. Ones that provide cancellation notices in times like this (there have been many) before official sources do.

People have been making the 'it's over' and 'time to throw in the towel' comments since about 2007. The wheels are just about still attached. For how long is anyone's guess but the touring schedule really isn't that vigorous as currently is.

If Morrissey canceled 8,000 dates in a row on me, I'd still go to see him whenever I could. He is a genius and the greatest artist of all-time. Better than Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare, Jesus Christ, James Baldwin, Elvis Presley and Albert Einstein COMBINED.

I'm just thankful we still have his greatness in our midst.

I am dead serious when I write and I am not kidding.

He will go down as the greatest person to ever live.

As The D.O.C. once said, "No One Can Do It Better"

What would be really nice is for cancelled shows to be in the beginning of any subsequent tour. Houston was cancelled twice last year and is near the end of this tour. Though this tour was short lived, had Houston been early we'd have gotten to see him. Maybe every city in this current tour was cancelled last year, I dunno.

If they pull the plug, I can't see them rescheduling. I think these US dates (which are make up dates for the previously cancelled tour when Gustavo got ill) only made financial sense tacked on the end of some juicy Mexican money-makers.

Without those, the only way to make these dates financially viable, would be to book another big US tour, and I can't see that happening for several months.

So that makes 3 cancelations in a row for San Antone. I wonder what the record is.

At least I didn't have to drive all the way back downtown for no reason after just having left there.

No. Ones that provide cancellation notices in times like this (there have been many) before official sources do.

I stated that tonight show would be cancelled by noon ok I was a couple hour off. The last two show will be cancelled. Check Boz's Facebook page he will be heading home to London tomorrow. I'll eat a Tosserry shirt from Benny if I'm wrong.

If they pull the plug, I can't see them rescheduling. I think these US dates (which are make up dates for the previously cancelled tour when Gustavo got ill) only made financial sense tacked on the end of some juicy Mexican money-makers.

Without those, the only way to make these dates financially viable, would be to book another big US tour, and I can't see that happening for several months.

What I don't understand is sending the band and gear on ahead while going back to LA

I called the Houston box office and they said it's still on. Which doesn't mean it won't be cancelled.

What I don't understand is sending the band and gear on ahead while going back to LA

I'm confident KetchupBum will be here with all the answers soon especially for all those that travelled and want answers regards compensation claims.

COME ON KETCHUP ARSEHOLE WE'RE WAITING !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Suprise, surprise. Does this announcement really require the use of all-caps? Morrissey can't even muster enough respect for his fans (or himself) to take care of his health first, put together a decent band, show enough interest to switch up his setlist or know when his crumbling old codger mind and body aren't able to perform. Selfish is the word that comes to mind. ...but y'all just suck it up. Enjoy.

Chuck Berry is putting a new album out in two months time, and he's dead! What's your excuse, Morrissey? :rage:

Three cancellations have cost me money. Sad to say but I don't care if he ever comes back to San Antonio again. This is from a lifelong fan and it hurts me to say that. Y'all can attack me all you want but it hurts. :oops: I'm sad. Hurt and sad. If he is sick then he needs to take care of himself. Enough screwing with the fans. We emotionally invest in these shows and canceling hours before the show just crushed me. :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom