Morrissey Central Sky Sports apologise after libellous comment about Morrissey is aired during Sunday Supplement live broadcast - London Evening Standard

Geoff Shreeves was forced to apologise on behalf of Sky Sports after a libellous comment about Morrissey was aired during the live broadcast of Sunday Supplement.

Excerpt:

With presenter Shreeves and his four-man panel of reporters live streaming from home, the comment was heard at the start of the show.

A conversation was heard between members of the panel, before a libellous comment about the iconic frontman of The Smiths was heard.

The show continued, but following its first advertisement break, Shreeves apologised for the comments made by the Telegraph’s chief football writer, Sam Wallace.

Shreeves said: "At the start of this of this program a brief private conversation was unintentionally broadcast. It was not meant for broadcast and any conversation does not reflect the views of Sky Sports."

Here’s the video:

UPDATE:

Alexi posted the link:

Excerpt:

Sky Sports have been forced to apologise after comments made by one of the guests on their Sunday Supplement show accidentally made the air.

The guest appeared to say "Morrissey's been cancelled hasn't he as he's basically turned out to be a racist", before host Geoff Shreeves swiftly let them know the broadcast had already begun.

UPDATE 11:20 AM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Now a Central post:
"SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS OUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY"

SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY:
SUNDAY TELEGRAPH JOURNALIST SAM WALLACE EXPOSES MORRISSEY TO HATRED, RIDICULE AND INJURY

SER's video text and video appear on Central.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• FF982F11-01E8-4692-955B-0830FB1B8B7C.jpeg
    FF982F11-01E8-4692-955B-0830FB1B8B7C.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 78C61D36-A95D-4FB7-94F9-4906C679FA83.jpeg
    78C61D36-A95D-4FB7-94F9-4906C679FA83.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 998

weird that an opinion can be libel in the uk.
Well indeed. Firstly it would not be libel, it would be slander. And if he wants to take these people to court for airing these views publicly, I say let him get on with it. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on, there's an awful lot of corroborating material out there, not least Fat Gay Vegan's excellent collected evidence. It would be amusing to watch.

Last edited:

Some worried hacks trying to make their case.

I think he'd win if he took it to court - he didn't endorse Tommy Robinson, support Nigel Farage or vote for Brexit. He can prove he didn't think Anne Marie was far right or racist regardless of what she actually is. Almost every quote is taken out of context, he's an immigrant from a recently oppressed minority group, lyrics, song titles & even the Pin Badge don't prove his personal opinions... & then there's just stupid stuff like the idea it's racist to say Hitler is left-wing, it's been a debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I don’t think the word ‘racist’ has any meaning any more, other than to say ‘you don’t agree with me, so you’re a racist.’ People can be utterly, utterly stupid.”

Well indeed. Firstly it would not be libel, it would be slander. And if he wants to take these people to court for airing these views publicly, I say let him get on with it. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on, there's an awful lot of corroborating material out there, not lease Fat Gay Vegan's excellent collected evidence. It would be amusing to watch.
Fat gay vegan who said no one would turn up to the recent gigs yeah

CONTROVERSIAL (AKA TRUE) WORDS SPOKEN ON SKY SPORTS

Free speech, f***er. Everybody gets it, and as far as Libel goes, I would say drag it in front of a judge.
It's about time Steve was called devious, truculent, unreliable, and after examining the evidence, racist.
He can write another dramatic spoken word piece called "Justice just came in my end."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom