Songs played tonight?

If correct it seems like a pretty good setlist to me.

There are songs that I wouldn't want (William, for example) and songs that aren't in it that I would like but I'm not going to complain and a bitch about something that I can't do anything about.

Roll on December and the eight gigs I've got tickets too!

posted on the main board as a comment (not a confirmed setlist by davidt):

William, It Was Really Nothing / In The Future When Alls Well / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / Panic / Dear God Please Help Me / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want/First Of The Gang / Disappointed / Ganglord / Let Me Kiss You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Life Is A Pigsty / I WIll See You In Far Off Places // Tony The Pony / Billy Budd

dont know if I buy it (particuarly Tony the Pony) but who knows. Stranger things have happened.

Those encores look a bit suspicious to me! It's very unlikely he'd play Tony (shame as it's one of my faves; really love the cello part), let alone stick it in the encore. Generally I think it's a much improved set list. Only wish he'd played Everyday in the festivals. Would've gone down much better...

how are any of you guys/gals complaining right now? all we ever do is bit*h and moan about how we want to hear other songs, and when he changes them and plays some new ones, you bash him outright??

personally, i think that this setlist is very fresh and is basically exactly what we asked for. sorry if he doesn't play that specific song you want him to play, but who gives a sh*t. anything he plays in Chicago will be great for me. he could sing "let me kiss you" ten times in a row and i will be happy...

voila

william
in the future when all's well
don't make fun of daddy's voice
panic
dear god please help
i've changed my plea to guilty
irish blood english heart
please please please
first of the gang to die
disappointed
ganglord
let me kiss you
everyday is like sunday
life is a pigsty
far off places

blimey, that is making me moist!!!

I already posted in a new thread the translated report from an important Guadalajaran newspaper called Milenio. It gives an idea of what happened.

william
panic
dear god please help
please please please
first of the gang to die
disappointed
ganglord
let me kiss you
everyday is like sunday
life is a pigsty
far off places

That setlist is missing "I just wan to see the boy happy", and the closer wasnt "farr off" but "irish blood"...

It was a great concert, but many unexpected songs surprisingly popping up, however I think that a second encore was VERY much deserved and sorely missing.

Those encores look a bit suspicious to me! It's very unlikely he'd play Tony (shame as it's one of my faves; really love the cello part), let alone stick it in the encore. Generally I think it's a much improved set list. Only wish he'd played Everyday in the festivals. Would've gone down much better...

Well, it may be too much too ask for. Tony The Pony is one of my favourites too - if he did play it, well, the good folk of Guadalajara are very lucky. If he didn't play it, then the setlist is still head and shoulders above recent fare. Has he been listening to the pleas of the fans?

Peter

Well, it may be too much too ask for. Tony The Pony is one of my favourites too - if he did play it, well, the good folk of Guadalajara are very lucky. If he didn't play it, then the setlist is still head and shoulders above recent fare. Has he been listening to the pleas of the fans?

Peter

He didn't play "Pony", but definitely it was a very strong set list. Tons of favorites, AND he managed to stay away from "Suedehead" :D

how are any of you guys/gals complaining right now? all we ever do is bit*h and moan about how we want to hear other songs, and when he changes them and plays some new ones, you bash him outright??

personally, i think that this setlist is very fresh and is basically exactly what we asked for. sorry if he doesn't play that specific song you want him to play, but who gives a sh*t. anything he plays in Chicago will be great for me. he could sing "let me kiss you" ten times in a row and i will be happy...

i strongly agree

My initial reaction was joyous and still is, despite the negative comments on this bored. Yet again.
I will be giving it the big un to William, Disappointed, Golden Lights, Tony the Pony and whatever HMH deigns to sing that night... in December. In rainy old Manchester.

Goodnight and Thank You (MORRISSEEEEEE.....)

I am a little disappointed that 'There Is A Light...' is not there, however, it looks like a very good setlist, in my opinion.

Roll on December. Viva Moz.:)

yes it was played every concert in 2002. Underrated tour, that one.

I remember being outside the RAH auditorium (night 1) when this was being played as I had been caught jumping out of my seat to join the standing crowd just after the beginning and was caught by a steward.

My mate who ran with me didn't get caught but unfortunately still had my ticket in his possession (the ripped part) so I couldn't get back in until I pleaded with the security at the ticket point. Pissed up obviously.

Ended up in a seat a million miles away! HO f***ING HUM. Still I spotted a Z-list celebrity, some bloke off Hollyoaks and Brookside.

So mention of this song always conjures up that eventful eveining in Kensington. I also met someone who was "a personal friend of Johnny Marr" with no teeth. A charming man if ever there wasn't one and ended up in a salsa club in Soho. With a Smihs t-shirt on HA HA!!!

william
panic
dear god please help
please please please
first of the gang to die
disappointed
ganglord
let me kiss you
everyday is like sunday
life is a pigsty
far off places

That setlist is missing "I just wan to see the boy happy", and the closer wasnt "farr off" but "irish blood"...

It was a great concert, but many unexpected songs surprisingly popping up, however I think that a second encore was VERY much deserved and sorely missing.

How did they play Please, Please, Please? Like the original or like the sped up 2002 one? and did William sound any different from the original?

How did they play Please, Please, Please? Like the original or like the sped up 2002 one? and did William sound any different from the original?

How can you speed up such a short song?

Moz has done what everybody has asked for and shaken up the set list in a major way. "I've Changed My Plea", "William" and "Dear God" in full? Excellent! This is one bootleg I'd like to hear.

Back
Top Bottom