Sound recording softwere

Boro_Morrissey

Hey peeps, im looking for some freewere software which has the ability to capture all sound played through my computer, i.e. from skype, youtube etc. Im a podcaster whom carn't seem to find a good piece of software to use. Having issues getting to capture everything i need it to.

cheers.
Matt

Re: Sound recording softwere.

Hey thanks, But i maniaged to miss out something in my post. I do have Audacity, and the only thing i can get it to pick up is my vocal via a mic, i need to to pick up other sounds, mostley the other people connected to me via skype.

You need to change the input to Stereo Mix from the drop down menu at the top (right), rather than mic.

P.

If you press ctrl p the preferences box will open the recording device can be changed here.

To do what you want to do, you need a sound card.

Don't all computers these days come with build in sound cards? could it just be a fault with its drives or summit? Any ideas?

Cheers
Matt

I think most desktop PCs do, but not all laptops do. My laptop doesn't have one, as I found out a couple of years ago when I tried to record the Hyde Park gig using Audacity. If you look in the My Computer bit of your machine, under Hardware or something, your soundcard should be listed there (if you have one). Usually if you right click on it, one of the options is to search online for updated drivers.

I realize speakers are not a soundcard. However, I assumed that you could not have sound without a soundcard. I found that if you plug directly into the CD player you can have sound with no soundcard, so maybe that's what he's doing. We don't know...

Back
Top Bottom