Strange/unexpected Moz references?

A couple of Morrissey mentions to help the writer's piece about Neil Hannon:

"Why the time is right for a Divine Comedy re-appreciation
In an era where Morrissey’s controversial comments are skewering his lyrical sensitivities, who can we look to for foppish forays and witty sentiments? Why he was there all along, and his name is Neil Hannon (aka The Divine Comedy). Sam Lambeth writes a fresh appraisal of the Londonderry darling."

And the salient part:

"And, of course, a constant throughout almost all of those eras was Morrissey, a gladioli-throwing fop with a rich lexicon and devilish wit. All too rarely, though, has there been mass adulation of a certain Neil Hannon.

In a time where Morrissey and Cocker co-existed, Hannon’s arch delivery and trembling baritone muscled in between with differing results. But lately, lest we forget, Morrissey is becoming more and more known for his divisive diatribes than for his music – and, sadly, that hasn’t exactly been up to scratch lately (the terrific ode to torpidness, Spend the Day in Bed, aside). Thus, it is time every supporter of scintillating humour and literary flourishes to turn their heels in the direction of The Divine Comedy, Hannon’s vehicle for the past twenty years. Like supporters of a long-running regime, we can now accept that Morrissey’s Mancunian bile is no longer needed, and instead glide gratefully into the arms of The Divine Comedy’s eclectic wonderment."

https://louderthanwar.com/time-right-divine-comedy-re-appreciation/

Regards,
FWD.

I've just joined so hoping this is in the right place?

Not sure if anyone heard/noticed this ‘minor happening’ last night, but as we all love ‘all things Moz’, I thought I’d mention it. Music playing on the jukebox in The Rovers Return last night in a scene on Coronation Street. Sorry don't have a link but guess it'll be on ITV player. Not sure if it was 1st or 2nd episode of the night, but there was a scene at the bar, characters Steve MacDonald & his mate Tim sat at the bar talking…I heard the background music & thought ‘I know that tune’…blow me down, Morrissey with ‘Sing Your Life’. He’d be well chuffed, I’m sure.
steve McDonald has always played M or its always on at the rovers return.

Tim Booth on Twitter today -
Morrissey and Marr came visited us during the albums recording in Liverpool and told us Johnny yen should be the single. They had a much better ear for that kind of thing...

I'm listening to the Dodger game from L.A. radio here in China, cuz I cant MLB.com to work right :rolleyes: but after the commercial break on radio, the intro back music is the start of "Hairdresser on fire" :guitar: these Dodgers - Moz connects just grow, guess I can no longer consider them strange :cool:

I'm listening to the Dodger game from L.A. radio here in China, cuz I cant MLB.com to work right :rolleyes: but after the commercial break on radio, the intro back music is the start of "Hairdresser on fire" :guitar: these Dodgers - Moz connects just grow, guess I can no longer consider them strange :cool:

Reckon dude, you know Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy have had Dodger season tickets since 1987 and The California Son practically grew up in Dodger stadium? Now he is passing the tickets on to lil' Sammy. Reckon The California Son's dream is to throw the first pitch out at Dodger Stadium, but then all the foreigners here would get mad and there goes 70% of his merch and album sales down the toilet m8 inn nnn nnnn nnn nnnnn nnnn nn it.

Placed here as nothing tangible to show yet from the film. I believe this is a documentary and features interviews with fans.
Regards,
FWD.

upload_2019-7-20_11-46-51.jpeg

Wrong gig, I think. The celebrity roll call goes with the first Free Trade Hall gig, with support from some prog rock band
I think the first gig (with about 40 people and a support called 'Solstice') often gets confused with the return gig of the 20th - which had a bigger turn out and the early-form Buzzcocks.
Morrissey attended both gigs (and the Electric Circus gig).
Hucknall was at the gig on the 20th (still questionable), as too: Ian Curtis.
I think I will dig out Nolan's excellent book and brush up on this again. Does seem to be a lot of confusion over these 2 gigs.
Regards,
FWD.

Tag sale on my block. Sealed, unopened copy of California Son. $15 obo. Nearby, on a rack with outdated women's evening wear: a California Son t-shirt. $10 obo.

Looks like someone didn't want their swag bag.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom