Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Was reading a review on the Radio Times website for Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, a new programme on BBC2, and this brought on a smile:

Stewart Lee is a raconteur who might remind you of Dave Allen; he's clever, discursive and very funny. Though best known for co-writing Jerry Springer: the Opera, which made him the focus of a national hate campaign, Lee is a gifted stand-up with a laconic style. In the first instalment of a new series, his subject is books in general and so-called "celebrity hardbacks" in particular, which allows Lee, who looks a bit like a very young, very tired Morrissey, to give Jeremy Clarkson and Chris Moyles both barrels. I loved his dismissal of the latter's second autobiographical volume, The Difficult Second Book, as a title that showed "a degree of irony and self-awareness largely absent from the text". The sketches that smatter the show don't work very well (they never did for Dave Allen, either), but just go with the flow, because everything else works a treat.

:)

Larry Flint plays( Judge Morrissey - Cincinnati Court) in The People Vs Larry Flint Movie

Found on Digg today: "7 Musicians Who Need a Hug"

I’m not a Smiths fan by any stretch of the word. In fact, I pretty much despise most of the music Morrissey and company wrote. Considering his style is so slit-your-wrist dismal, it’s amazing so many are in love. So sad. For this reason, the Moz needs the biggest of all hugs, someone to tell him that everything will be okay; and to stop being a bitch. Lighten up, dude. – Elie Z. Perler

http://radioexile.com/2009/03/17/7-musicians-who-need-a-hug/

How soon is now was played on the BBC news this morning, in a feature on the demise of independent record shops. It certainly made me happy.

Article in my uni's student newspaper about 'miserable music', and Moz obviously gets a mention as being the 'King' and author talks about a few songs and Years of Refusal. Has a big photo of Moz mocking putting a gun to his head.

One of my sisters has a song by Frank Turner that's got a line in it about someone 'staying inside and listening to The Smiths'. I guess Frank Turner's not a fan. :rolleyes:

One of my sisters has a song by Frank Turner that's got a line in it about someone 'staying inside and listening to The Smiths'. I guess Frank Turner's not a fan. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I think it's "I bet she sits at home and listens to The Smiths, deep down she's just like everybody else". I love that song, just not the sentiment. :blushing:

There is a link on the Virgin Media home page with the headline "Who has the best (football) fans"? and this was included:lbf:

Morrissey (Man Utd) and Cilla Black (Liverpool) - The Miserable One famously first found his love for pop in 60s girl stars like Cilla, so it's fitting they should clash here. Around the same time, legend has it that a pre-teen Moz had his United bobble hat stolen, an act of spite that perhaps led to the hurt behind some of his greatest output. Anyway, Mozzer triumphs mainly for the way Cilla used to 'scouse up' her accent just for the TV when everyone knew she had a posh voice really.

0,,12555~5506684,00.jpg

Oh yeah, I think it's "I bet she sits at home and listens to The Smiths, deep down she's just like everybody else". I love that song, just not the sentiment. :blushing:

Yeah, that's the song. :) I don't like it myself but then I'm very fussy when it comes to music. :p

In the movie Coraline there is a brief view of a poster that unmistakenly reads King Leer.

In my local Cooperative store they have their own station..'Co-op radio', playing Thats how people grow up yesterday!!!!had to stay and listen, only popped in for bread!! xx

Not sure if this is strange or unexpected but Jimmy Fallon referenced Moz on his Twitter page:

"Morrissey played tonight on the show. He was cool. Quiet, but very nice."

and

"Just how I thought he'd be. Grear performance too!"

Paul O'Grady show on Channel 4

Mentioned Saturday night & Sunday morning in the bit about DVD reviews!!!

My first thought...MOZ! and I screamed out to my mum "that's morrissey's favourite film"
suffice to say, she thinks I'm abit too obsessed...

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom