The Cure - Disintegration - 21st Anniversary Deluxe Edition

I for one like what Robert Smith has been doing with these re-issues.

The demo material is exciting for me as it gives me an idea of the early shape of the song. Extended remixes are not my cup of tea so this re-issue is someting I shall be buying the day of release. :)

Really wish they'd reissue this stuff on 120 gram vinyl as well. Could press and sell loads of it for 10-12 bucks a pop. How more legacy artists aren't catching onto the fact that there's money to made in their back catalogue through vinyl baffles the mind.

It's coming out on a double vinyl, check the site before you bash.

Happy to be wrong. I was responding in part to the discussion on the previous page where people didn't think it was coming out on vinyl. Though I'm not sure I was 'bashing' anyone or anything.

How hard is it for you to just not care about it? If you don't like it, don't look (/buy) at it, as Morrissey maybe would have put it.

How hard is it for you not to care what i think about it? I wont buy it, for the simple fact that i was very unhappy with all the other "demos" released on past remasters. Im sure Im not alone in that sentiment? I have a right to bitch, as Im one of the people who'dve most likely bought a copy? Plus, they compressed the hell out of the remasters, and they sound(for the most part) like crap. Wouldn't you be upset, if you spent close to $40 each on something, only to find out it was pretty much worthless, as the sound quality throughout, on ALL the remasters is shit? What if they did this to the Smiths or Morrissey re-releases? My bet is..your attitude would change?

The label/Robert arent smart enough to give the fans what we REALLY want with these remasters. Then, when they dont sell as well as they felt they should, they come on sites and bitch about why fans dont like what they've put out?

I dont understand why they keep wasting $$$ giving us crap we dont want. "Demo's" means tracks that aren't good enough to be included the first time? thats why they're called "demo's". I dont like them, others might. I for one will not buy these. Get a grip.....not everyone goes gaga for these _remasters" if they're shit(which in this case...it is).

And is Disc 3 (the Entreat plus) as butchered as everyone says it is? Is Boris' snare drum really that subdued?

And is Disc 3 (the Entreat plus) as butchered as everyone says it is? Is Boris' snare drum really that subdued?

Yes, Boris' drums are completly ruined, sound like cardboard. The best thing about Entreat was how crisp everything sounded. The mix added a great energy to the performance. Either Robert Smith has gone deaf or he really hates Boris. Shame really I really can't stand Jason Cooper as a drummer. Sluggish tempo's, no clever drumfills Boris used to pull off and damn he loves riding the cymbals! I have seen The Cure a few times with Jason on drums and I have no interest on seeing them live ever again if he is on drums, unless they played a small club which would be worth it all...A Disintegration promo is floating around with some Entreat samples and it is now available everywhere but the US...

It's worth reading the Pitchfork review. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14288-disintegration-deluxe-edition/

"If I'm remembering correctly, the first pressings of Disintegration actually said, in the liner notes, "this album was mixed to be played loud, so turn it up." It was intentionally created with headroom to spare, and designed to be full of space-- every instrument surrounded by air, every echo trail clear and audible, an album that was above all comfortable to listen to. Like most remasters these days, this one has to pump up the volume toward modern levels, which means smushing things together and making parts fight for space. I'm not so cranky that this usually bothers me, but this is one album where it might really eat away at the point-- those horizons you used to be able to see in all directions have been moved miles closer."

I hope Disintegration is treated with the utmost care, because any compression will lose the dynamic atmosphere so fundamental to the original recording.

Your hopes have been dashed, this re-release is utter shite. It's compressed to hell, the demo's volume levels fade in and out throughout, and are very un needed, sad sad sad.

Shoddy remastering from Rhino. Im glad i didnt spend a dime on this release.

Save your $$$.

I'm already really happy with how Disintegration sounds. I don't need to hear a new overly compressed re-master.

Sadly, Rhino thought many would want that, as they re-released a piece of shit "remaster".

Buy this at your own risk folks, just dont come here and bitch when you find out how shitty it is. You've been warned.

Bigoof said

"I dont understand why they keep wasting $$$ giving us crap we dont want. "Demo's" means tracks that aren't good enough to be included the first time? thats why they're called "demo's". I dont like them, others might. I for one will not buy these. Get a grip.....not everyone goes gaga for these _remasters" if they're shit(which in this case...it is). "

Has he ever been a fan of anything anytime? Surely the nature of being a fan is wanting to hear the demos, breakdown takes etc to see how the songs evolved, as well as wanting as many bits of onstage spontaneity/folklore as possible?

Back
Top Bottom