The Dears

D

Dreamlover

I know some of you already know them but I have just listened to "No Cities left" by The Dears and it is absolutely fantastic. A really beautiful album!!
think Gainsbourgh, Blur, a bit of Motown and of course Moz!! Really worth checking it out and I am rather difficult and not easily impressed.

i'd never heard of the dears until they opened up for my friends band at their label's cmj showcase in october. next thing i know i hear that moz loves them and since then they seem to have really been getting a lot of attention. i should really check them out, i barely remember what they sounded like at that show.

> I know some of you already know them but I have just listened to "No
> Cities left" by The Dears and it is absolutely fantastic. A really
> beautiful album!!
> think Gainsbourgh, Blur, a bit of Motown and of course Moz!! Really worth
> checking it out and I am rather difficult and not easily impressed.

i just listened to their song "don't lose the faith" on that word magazine sampler. it reminded me of "reel around the fountain."

> i'd never heard of the dears until they opened up for my friends band at
> their label's cmj showcase in october. next thing i know i hear that moz
> loves them and since then they seem to have really been getting a lot of
> attention. i should really check them out, i barely remember what they
> sounded like at that show.

The Dears Touring Soon..

They're great got my tickets for Leiester gig can't wait...

The Dears r ok, hardly sensational..

I got that, 'No Cities Left' album because of all the praise and Smiths/Moz refrences. I listened to the album like 20 times and just thought ok. Don't get your hopes up too high. I just pray The Tears live up to their hype.

Re: The Dears r ok, hardly sensational..

> I got that, 'No Cities Left' album because of all the praise and
> Smiths/Moz refrences. I listened to the album like 20 times and just
> thought ok. Don't get your hopes up too high. I just pray The Tears live
> up to their hype.

I disagree, if you listen to the album with headphone, you realize the orchestration is very good? the production work is excellent and the range of instruments played is quite impressive. It's not grounbreaking but all the arrangements are really good.

Back
Top Bottom