The Killers - What She Said (w/ Johnny Marr), Seattle WA, 8/20/2022

thought this was good!

UPDATE:

An anonymous person posted in the comments:

They played Stop Me & There Is A Light the night before:

UPDATE Sep. 12:

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing the songs with the Killers has gotten a ton of press for the Smiths and Johnny Marr, a very good move overall. Maybe some of the good will could spill over for the Mozzer.

From the same show - these are the things that make me hate him, he did it at another show recently - points to someone in the audience and demands 'you better be tweeting that Johnny Marr is a f***ing bad ass'. It's not cute, it's obnoxious, rude and desperate, but it shows again that everything is about him. It is so different than how Morrissey, or anyone really, interacts with their audience. He is so conceited it's disgusting, I'd tell him to get f***ed.

Gin Blossoms for example, I have seen them a ton of times, at a few shows, Robin would tell people to call their friends and hand the phone to him and he would just start singing into the phone, it was really funny, and everyone enjoyed it so much. He made it about the audience and their friends, not him.

I'm a big fan of Johnny but I never got the whole "Johnny F'ing Marr" thing.....kind of childish to me

I'm a big fan of Johnny but I never got the whole "Johnny F'ing Marr" thing.....kind of childish to me
Nor me. Seems like a strange attempt to be considered cool by teenagers, he just doesn't need it.

I think it started around the time The Messenger came out and he won the God Like Genius award, but I don't know that actual origin.
I think his site or a site related to him started selling it on a tshirt and people quickly realized they shouldn't wear it in public :lbf:

The most embarrassing thing about the whole "Johnny 'f***ing' Marr" thing is that it's a moniker he gave to himself.

The most embarrassing thing about the whole "Johnny 'f***ing' Marr" thing is that it's a moniker he gave to himself.

It's actually taken from a YouTube video from when he was playing at Coachella back in 2013, someone's spontaneous exclamation. Yeah he took it for himself, why not?

It's actually taken from a YouTube video from when he was playing at Coachella back in 2013, someone's spontaneous exclamation. Yeah he took it for himself, why not?
Because it's f***ing cringe as f*** to refer to yourself as that

Nothing against The Killers. It's nice to see the brilliance of those songs being brought to a different audience but all this does for me is reaffirm what an amazing vocalist Morrissey is.
And what an amazing guitarist Johnny is.

He left the Smiths because he wanted to do different kinds of songs but spends the rest of his life playing Smiths songs :lbf: Meanwhile, Morrissey works writing songs that are different than Smiths songs and actually plays them in his very own solo shows.
Rewrite history much? Didn't he say he left the smiths because he didn't start a band to perform songs by other artists? (Golden lights). The rest of his life? Didn't he start performing smiths songs rather recently? He wrote those songs with Morrissey... I don't see how it's okay for Morrissey to perform them but not him. I don't get all the Johnny Marr hate. Morrissey was going no where with the Nosebleeds.

Rewrite history much? Didn't he say he left the smiths because he didn't start a band to perform songs by other artists? (Golden lights). The rest of his life? Didn't he start performing smiths songs rather recently? He wrote those songs with Morrissey... I don't see how it's okay for Morrissey to perform them but not him. I don't get all the Johnny Marr hate. Morrissey was going no where with the Nosebleeds.
Ignore it, you will get nowhere with me

Via the non-official officialmoz IG.
FWD.

Great to see! And wonder what, if anything, this might mean turning up, with Marr playing etc., on the "non-official officialmoz IG"

Not even sure what the last "non-official officialmoz IG" means exactly!

But is there even possibly any deeper significance in this? Grateful for any thoughts . . .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom