The Lowry, The Myth of the North Exhibition

They know, you know. When I went to London for the Living Icons vote, the producer told us that they'd clocked all the multiple votes for Moz. Bastards. Let's hope they're less vigilant this time.

Peter

Peter!!!!!
You never know who's reading this. :p

They know, you know. When I went to London for the Living Icons vote, the producer told us that they'd clocked all the multiple votes for Moz. Bastards. Let's hope they're less vigilant this time.

Peter

I understand your concern Peter, but this paragraph is on the front page of the Lowry notification of the poll. I read it as meaning we can do multiple votes???:confused:

Don't forget to press your Back button to return to the list once you have voted in a category. You can return and vote again up to once a day to make sure your favourite's a winner.

I understand your concern Peter, but this paragraph is on the front page of the Lowry notification of the poll. I read it as meaning we can do multiple votes???:confused:

Don't forget to press your Back button to return to the list once you have voted in a category. You can return and vote again up to once a day to make sure your favourite's a winner.

In which case...WAHEYY! Fill yer boots! As such, it is indeed a reflection of today. The winner is the one with the most fans willing to vote. Okey dokey, off to vote a few times before bed.

Peter

Re: We've got a fight on our hands!

See here. Some Moz comments in there. Come on! With your help, Moz can win!

Peter

Like "Apparently, Morrissey born near Manchester, songwriter, with a band called The Smiths. Dangerous in that he has a huge loyal fan base, (wait for the irony,) especially in Los Angeles!
Northern male personality? I think NOT!
Come on Geroge."

Vote for Moz (whoever he is)!:p

And this one. Lets not be too harsh on George. Remember Moz chose "Why Don't Women Like Me" to be the tune to introduce the South Bank Show special on The Smiths. Or at least I think he did. Unless it was a joke by Melvyn Bragg. Anyway, if Moz was to lose, it would be nice for George to be the winner...but we're not going to let that happen, right?

Peter

posted this on morrissey_shot, but felt like posting it here.

of course the smiths will win. everyone knows the smiths are way better than the beatles.

borrowed from the George Fornby site

"Ladies and gentlemen,

Supposing George does win now - having publically disclosed various methods of how to cheat, isn't there a risk of disqualification?

I do of course hope that George does win, and am not saying that I'm averse to following some of the suggested methods of upping the votes myself, because no doubt other fan bodies are doing the same (I doubt that Morrisey is a likely contender for first place (I thought he was Irish anyway!!) but clearly his fan group have got a whiff of the competition because of the sudden influx of votes for him - and let's be honest, this is what's happened with George) but let us tread carefully.

Perhaps the listmaster could remove the cheating suggestions now I expect a lot of us have had a chance to read them.

I'm definitely not trying to be a killjoy, and we know that the competition owners know what goes on, but I just think a little discretion is called for.

Perhaps someone with a good database of Formby fans email addresses could send the tips along privately instead.

I'm now off to put my vote(s!) in for today (;-))"

I love George Formby so I think I might join? ;)

love

Grim

they're a bunch of cheaters! And have admitted as much. Tsk tsk, that's not good karma, Moz is bound to win now :)

P.S. Grim is in the doghouse now, I have spat in his tea while he wasn't looking and got the dog to lick his toast.

Well I'm sorry and I know I'm biased but I think that all those that are dead should not be in the poll at all.

You dont have much of a personality when you are deceased do you??:eek:

I say George (leaning on a lamp-post in heaven) Formby should be immediately removed from this poll :p:p and this has nothing to do with the fact that he is at present ahead of the Mozfather:rolleyes:

Female Personality:Gracie Fields

North Male Personality:George Formby

North Fictional Characters:Terry and Bob - The Likely Lads

TV Comedy: The Likely Lads

North TV Drama:Boys From The Blackstuff

Rock Band:The Beatles

Landmarks:Liver Building

Food and Drink:Yorkshire Pudding

the smiths got too many points anyway!

I'm American, so who cares what I think, but this I found funny, and I bet Moz would too:

"I do of course hope that George does win, and am not saying that I'm averse to following some of the suggested methods of upping the votes myself, because no doubt other fan bodies are doing the same (I doubt that Morrisey is a likely contender for first place (I thought he was Irish anyway!!) but clearly his fan group have got a whiff of the competition because of the sudden influx of votes for him - and let's be honest, this is what's happened with George) but let us tread carefully. "

And this one. Lets not be too harsh on George. Remember Moz chose "Why Don't Women Like Me" to be the tune to introduce the South Bank Show special on The Smiths. Or at least I think he did.

I've never seen the South Bank Show, but that particular George Formby song was in the pre-show music on the American leg of the Queen Is Dead tour way back in the Pleistocene era.

[If anyone can remember other pre-concert song selections from that particular tour, please PM yours truly. I've been haunted by an unknown track for lo these many years.]

Are They Northern I'm from Scotland now thats Northern!!! Saft Southerners! It rains mair here ! If you check rainfall counts!!

Back
Top Bottom