The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 90: IN THE FUTURE WHEN ALL'S WELL

How do you rate In The Future When All's Well?

• Total voters
yeah its not the greatest moz song - but its really catchy and i love the "paired off.. pawed 'til i can barely stand it " line for its pure sexual frisson !

One of my faves off ROTT - I love the feel, the energy and they lyrics. Great guitar work, too. It's very rally around your own youth and Morrissey's--very autobiographical and endearing. I will always stand up and defend him! No, Moz...I thank YOU!! And who doesn't love the ending. Very catchy, yep another 8.

A very good song indeed, not just compared to Ringleader, but in general. I love the T.Rex guitar riff, Morrissey's vocals, the lyrics are simple yet utterly compelling and meaningful, especially the chorus part which I think is fantastic. This is one of the better examples of modern-Moz; combining new found optimism and joy in life, with stinging ambiguity.

This was a good choice for a single in my opinion, and while it isn't quite a classic, I rank it very highly. An 8.

I always skip it when listening to tormentors. Ok live. But its Moz by numbers really. 5

Back
Top Bottom