The Next Morrissey Album To Be Remastered

MrTheEdge

westham boy
What Moz record should get the remaster treatment next?
(my vote is for your arsenal or vauxhall)

1) Viva Hate
2) Kill Uncle
3) Your Arsenal
4) Vauxhall And I
5) Maladjusted

'Arsenal' just cos, it would sound flippin' magic

'Vauxhall' as long as they don't mess with the artwork or tracklist. If they really want, the addition of a few non crap & relevant unreleased demos or outtakes would be acceptable.

'Kill Uncle' however should be given the 'Southpaw' treatment, and given new artwork, additional tracks added and re-jigged. In fact, a complete re-recording would be better. I could then bin the original with a clear concience :D

I didn't say that all of them should be buried and forgotten.

I'm not a fan of a particular album of Morrissey, but still don't think it should be buried and forgotten.

First time I heard Sorrow will come in the end, it made me cringe and felt awkward, but now it makes me laugh. :D

I think eventually all of his solo albums will be re-mastered and re-issued at some point or another and that's just fine with me, :guitar::cool:

The one album that needs “the treatment” more than any other is obviously Maladjusted, because there is so much to be gained with just a little shuffling of the tracks from that period. Assuming they can get the rights to all the songs from that period, imagine something like this:

Maladjusted
Alma Matters
I Can Have Both
Ambitious Outsiders
Roy’s Keene
Ammunition
Kitt
Heir Apparent
The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
Wide to Receive
Trouble Loves Me
He Cried
Lost
Satan Rejected My Soul

Aside from a few hardcore traditionalists, I doubt you'd hear many complaints about the new running order or the removal of prehaps the the most maligned solo track of his career, "Papa Jack."

isnt there another song that is rumored to be recorded but not released from these sessions?? I forget.

and yes, I know this has been done 793 times before on these boards.

Last edited:
I think there are actually two songs that were supposedly also recorded I Know who I Love, and Buddy Buried Deeply. And I think Maladjusted is an excellent proposal as well because it also has known unreleased recorded tracks to actually make it worth buying

Viva Hate.

Back
Top Bottom