The Official Tony Blair Is A f***ing Arsehole Thread

Thatcher, Falklands, does this ring a bell?

A politician, no matter what gender will always resort to warfare to boost their popularity and profile. It doesn't matter what gender they are, war fare is one way of gaining political respect from your fellow peers. It's sad, but that's the way it works in politics.

I personally don’t see why Iran and Korea can’t have nuclear missiles, they are no more of a threat to humanity than America. There is also little evidence to suggest that Iran would build nuclear missiles.
I hope I don't sound too blunt, but these lines are very very naive. Have you ever read any speeches made by these leaders? Do you know their positions? I don't have a lot of time to at the moment (have to go to bed soon) so I hope someone else will expand on this (*cough* Theo *cough* ;) ).

As for me being pro-American, yes, that is predictable :) , however you may be surprised to know I agree with you that bombing Japan was unjustified.

I just refreshed and saw Crime's post, real quick response: "Why is he anticipating attack"? Um, hello? :D Honestly, it seems you guys don't know who you're dealing with. a global effort? Come on!
For the record, I also think women would never start wars, but that's exactly why we don't control the world - we don't have this rediculous desire to dominate everything...

Thatcher, Falklands, does this ring a bell?

A politician, no matter what gender will always resort to warfare to boost their popularity and profile. It doesn't matter what gender they are, war fare is one way of gaining political respect from your fellow peers. It's sad, but that's the way it works in politics.

With all due respect, you can't possibly make that assertion, since Thatcher is probably the only female leader you can name.

Last edited:
^^Golda :D . We're having more female heads of state now, which is good. I'll be real happy if either Condy or Hilary win (in my dreams ;) ), both very deserving.

Also, the fact of the matter is that politics is a male-dominated career. Thatcher was surrounded by men, admittedly by her own choice, but I'd bet if she's had a cabinet of females, the Falklands outcome would have been different.

It's a simple biological fact: males are more geared towards destruction and violence. It attracts them. This isn't true across the board, of course, but it's definitely true for the majority.

Once a certain technology is available, the knowledge can't be "deleted" so unfortunately there is some merit to the idea of a nuclear deterrent. Or at least there used to be.

The solution is economic partnership though, I think. If we had mutual interest in each other's stability and prosperity maybe in the long term we could find a solution. Unfortunately some people are stuck in thousands of years old ways of thinking, and it seems that we are gearing up for more religious warfare.

That's just my idea, in broad strokes, and I don't have a perfect solution. It doesn't lie in hatred and blame though.

Also, the fact of the matter is that politics is a male-dominated career. Thatcher was surrounded by men, admittedly by her own choice, but I'd bet if she's had a cabinet of females, the Falklands outcome would have been different.

It's a simple biological fact: males are more geared towards destruction and violence. It attracts them. This isn't true across the board, of course, but it's definitely true for the majority.

As a very middle of the road type of guy (not extremely feminine or masculine) I have to kinda, almost, not-really, maybe, actually, really agree with this statement. The majority of men are attracted to violence, action, and destruction, but it is rare to see men who encourage violence at every opportunity these days.

Remember kids: Violence is the wrong choice 99% of the time, but it is the choice of nature.

Last edited:
no, it isn't.

Er, yes it is. The majority of murderers are male. The overwhelming majority of serial killers are male. Every single war ever started was started by males, and the overwhelming majority of soldiers fighting in those wars were male.

Now, are we quite clear that men are more violent than women?

^^ things I learned in uni:
men with more than average testosterone do better carrer-wise, as they are assertive and competetive. Men with a lot more than average testosterone do poorly in life and tend to end up in jail.
for every female murderer, there are 20000 male murderers.

Don't have these studies before me obviously but I'm sure you can find similar data on the internet.

but I'd bet if she's had a cabinet of females, the Falklands outcome would have been different.

i doubt it, as a matter of fact?
the fact that power politics has long been largely the dominion of men
does not absolve women from the shared burden of the carnage that is human history
and now
that we are approaching supposed 'equality'
it seems pretty clear to me that in many respects
this means
WOMEN ARE NOW MORE FREEE TO ACT
just like men
this seems particular true in the realm of power politics where 'the feminine touch' appears to STILL be severely lacking
even when such leaders are women
and now i fear two new threats in the form of women
that not only crave/lust for power or dominion over others
but that some will FEEL FAR MORE JUSTIFIED to take extreme action
based on their status as 'former victims'
also, from the other side of the spectrum
is that many female politicians appear to feel the need to overcompensate for their 'feminine weakness' with more bellicose behavior

-but all of this would be moot point
were the power structure that allow for so much suffering in the world
dismantled!
Sc01.jpg

:)

i doubt it, as a matter of fact?
the fact that power politics has long been largely the dominion of men
does not absolve women from the shared burden of the carnage that is human history
and now
that we are approaching supposed 'equality'
it seems pretty clear to me that in many respects
this means
WOMEN ARE NOW MORE FREEE TO ACT
just like men
this seems particular true in the realm of power politics where 'the feminine touch' appears to STILL be severely lacking
even when such leaders are women
and now i fear two new threats in the form of women
that not only crave/lust for power or dominion over others
but that some will FEEL FAR MORE JUSTIFIED to take extreme action
based on their status as 'former victims'
also, from the other side of the spectrum
is that many female politicians appear to feel the need to overcompensate for their 'feminine weakness' with more bellicose behavior

-but all of this would be moot point
were the power structure that allow for so much suffering in the world
dismantled!
Sc01.jpg

:)

There are many traditionally male qualities which I wouldn't mind having, but being geared towards violence and destruction is not one of them.

You're missing the point. It's simply not in the female nature to be violent - never has been.

Er, yes it is. The majority of murderers are male. The overwhelming majority of serial killers are male. Every single war ever started was started by males, and the overwhelming majority of soldiers fighting in those wars were male.

Now, are we quite clear that men are more violent than women?

no, we aren't.

[in a previous thread (on the ipswich serial killer), we already established that you hadn't grasped the basic tenets of feminism.]

you are mistaking correlation with causation. biology is not the independent variable, here.

g.w. bush, blair et al. are no more pre-programmed, by their biology, to engage in war and violence than women are pre-programmed to wash dishes, cook and clean, by their's.

you oughta ask "lord goring" out on a date; you're his kinda chick.

Last edited:
Since I'm not going to bed anyway :rolleyes: , I thought I'd revive the previous discussion. For Kickstand, difference number one between the U.S. and Iran/Korea: it is a democracy, not a dictatorship. I once read an interview with some Koreans, it sounded like something off "1984". I didn't realize such things actually existed, it was pretty shocking. As for Mr. Ahmadenijad, he doesn't have quite as strong a hold on his people, but he's still a dictator. Sidenote: he recently held a conference to debate whether the Holocaust ever happened or not. So - not a big fan of his either.

no, we aren't.

[in a previous thread (on the ipswich serial killer), we already established that you hadn't grasped the basic tenets of feminism.]

you are mistaking correlation with causation. biology is not the independent variable, here.

g.w. bush, blair et al. are no more pre-programmed, by their biology, to engage in war and violence than women are pre-programmed to wash dishes, cook and clean, by their's.

you oughta ask "lord goring" out on a date.

You oughta get your head out of your anus. Biology plays a part in certain behaviours and characteristics, and I'm not talking about anything aesthetic here, because that's all variable.

I'm talking about genetically inbuilt characteristics, which are related to chromosomes and hormones. Testosterone is the more agressive hormone, yes? Surely even you knew that? That's why violence, and aggression are more prevalent in males than females.

Everyone here seems to know this except you. And I'm not a feminist, either, so I don't need to know about the basic tenets of feminism. It's irrelevant to me, most of it is written by women who have been around the block more times than a tramp's dog, so they're basically hypocrites anyway.

I will never understand a woman who says she's not a feminist. Feminism isn't some political stance as people like to present it nowdays, it just means you believe in equal rights. I hate that some poeple have turned it into a dirty word, or put meaning into it that isn't there.

There are many traditionally male qualities which I wouldn't mind having, but being geared towards violence and destruction is not one of them.

You're missing the point. It's simply not in the female nature to be violent - never has been.

violence is not an ends
it is a means
&
women cerntainly have greed
women cerntainly have wrath
they just manifest them in different ways
in the different sexes of humanity
as they do in many many other ways in which each human differs from another
also
im not gonna list the 'almost' countless historical examples of women that have mightily contributed to massive amounts of violence and destruction
but many Queens comes to mind...

I will never understand a woman who says she's not a feminist. Feminism isn't some political stance as people like to present it nowdays, it just means you believe in equal rights. I hate that some poeple have turned it into a dirty word, or put meaning into it that isn't there.

I don't call myself a feminist because it's a stupid label. I believe in equal rights, yes, but I completely distance myself from the likes of Germaine Greer, because I detest her.

violence is not an ends
it is a means
&
women cerntainly have greed
women cerntainly have wrath
they just manifest them in different ways
in the different sexes of humanity
as they do in many many other ways in which each human differs from another
also
im not gonna list the 'almost' countless historical examples of women that have mightily contributed to massive amounts of violence and destruction
but many Queens comes to mind...

I realise this. But compare the number of queens there have been since the dawn of human beings with the number of ordinary women.

Yes, there are violent women - but the point I was making is that violence exists far more in men than in women.

Last edited:
That's exactly my point, women have different reasons to distance themselves from this term, but for me (and probably for the men that hear it) it always sounds like they're apologizing: "I'm not a feminist, but..." This is the message people get. But this is really off topic.

Back
Top Bottom