The Smiths are played in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"

I just saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and in the beginning of the movie, "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is playing just after Sinead O' Connor's Nothing Compares To You." :D

I just saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and in the beginning of the movie, "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is playing just after Sinead O' Connor's Nothing Compares To You." :D

Maybe Russell Brand had something to do with it? :D Still cool :cool:
How was the movie?

I wondered the same thing! He may very well have influenced the decision to play HNIMN- However the song is a perfect fit! And yes I did enjoy the movie. Although a lot of what I found funny had already been shown in clips I have seen on the internet. I guess I shouldn't have looked it up quite so much. The odd thing was all the senior citizen women who went to go see it! I guess who else can see a morning movie on a Friday but I just thought it was funny that they were there! big Russell Brand fans i guess! :D

I doubt I'll be seeing it. Not my kind of flick, really. Maybe I'll rent it someday just to watch Russell in it. eh, probably not :rolleyes: Sarah Marshall. Who?! See, I've already forgotten. :p

I wondered the same thing! He may very well have influenced the decision to play HNIMN- However the song is a perfect fit! And yes I did enjoy the movie. Although a lot of what I found funny had already been shown in clips I have seen on the internet. I guess I shouldn't have looked it up quite so much. The odd thing was all the senior citizen women who went to go see it! I guess who else can see a morning movie on a Friday but I just thought it was funny that they were there! big Russell Brand fans i guess! :D

Cool! I think I'm going to go see it this weekend, but only 'cause of Russell. He's a sweetie!

I wrote about meeting Russell at his first Hollywood stand-up show in the frink thread...but the gist of it is that he signed my Morrissey GH's CD for me (I guess he took pity on me since I missed getting Moz to sign it :o). He asked, "Do you know that song 'I Know It's Over' by The Smiths? Well, the last thing Morrissey said to me on his way out tonight was 'Enough said.'"

Hence, this autograph. :) I bet he's the one who suggested The Smiths for the movie soundtrack.
russellsautograph.jpg

Hmm another reason to go and see this film
other than to see the two things Russell acts (a first name and a second name - radio show reference :))

I didn't realise it was out yet though.

I love Russell, I love The Smiths, and I miss Veronica Mars :p So I have three reasons to see it now!

I wish it was coming out just a few weeks later (after my speech class) so that I could actually go and see it.:mad:

Cool! I think I'm going to go see it this weekend, but only 'cause of Russell. He's a sweetie!

I wrote about meeting Russell at his first Hollywood stand-up show in the frink thread...but the gist of it is that he signed my Morrissey GH's CD for me (I guess he took pity on me since I missed getting Moz to sign it :o). He asked, "Do you know that song 'I Know It's Over' by The Smiths? Well, the last thing Morrissey said to me on his way out tonight was 'Enough said.'"

Hence, this autograph. :) I bet he's the one who suggested The Smiths for the movie soundtrack.
russellsautograph.jpg

Mell that is awesome! What a cool memory of the show! So funny that Russell signed your Morrissey Cd with a Morrissey phrase! that is too cool!

I wish it was coming out just a few weeks later (after my speech class) so that I could actually go and see it.:mad:

It should still be in the theatres. If not, dvd rental should follow swiftly on the heels of theatrical release. It doesn't seem to be the kind of movie that benefits all that much from 40 foot screens and THX dolby whatever sound, eh? Pardon me for sounding like a Valley girl, but seeing Moz on a 40 foot screen for the theatre screening of "Who Put the M..." was like totally awesome!

I probably wouldn't bother to go see Forgetting even though it has Russell Brand in it (I think he's damn funny, so I'm curious to see how he is in this movie). I'm not really into Jude Aptow kind of movies. And admission prices to a theatre are madness now. I dunno. If it's at Harkins, I get unlimited free soda. Great, I'll miss most of the movie while I'm busy peeing in the toilets.

If you stay all the way till the end of the credits they play Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now in Hawaiian with a little ukelele and everything.

If you stay all the way till the end of the credits they play Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now in Hawaiian with a little ukelele and everything.

Oh No! I missed that! :mad:I will have to go back...

Ah, that means I have two reasons to buy the soundtrack, then. :guitar:

I checked the soundtrack on Amazon earlier and didn't see either listed. On the soundtrack another band is doing "Nothing Compares to You" and I didn't see "Heaven Knows..." listed at all.

Oh No! I missed that! :mad:I will have to go back...

I was kidding. But the movie is worth seeing twice so by all means go back and see it again. Russell Brand is a fantastic actor, I was surprised. And it's amazing how a penis can command so much attention. Morrissey himself could've been standing in the shot and I wouldn't have noticed.

I was kidding. But the movie is worth seeing twice so by all means go back and see it again. Russell Brand is a fantastic actor, I was surprised. And it's amazing how a penis can command so much attention. Morrissey himself could've been standing in the shot and I wouldn't have noticed.

You definitely had me going...:D I thought they probably did have extra stuff at the end. I saw some but we left midway through the credits.

You definitely had me going...:D I thought they probably did have extra stuff at the end. I saw some but we left midway through the credits.

Let this be a lesson to you. WATCH ALL THE CREDITS. A lot of people work very hard to make those movies, the least we can do is read their names.

This concludes Cyrstal Geezersans evening teaching. Don't do drugs.

Russell worms Morrissey into everything he does. Anyone notice his poster on the wall when he took over the Big Brother house?
I'm so ashamed that I watch Big Brother. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom