the specials to reform

soundofthenorth

I'm Not Sorry
according to BBC Radio6. one of the members was interviewed on a US tv or radio show. he said they are getting back together for a theatre tour, hopefully before christmas. :confused:
could be interesting, terry hall is a cool dude :) any specials aka fans out there?

I hope this is true. They have definitely been rehearsing together but I thought it had all colled off and wasn't going to happen.

They are one of the greatest bands of all time. I was only 2 when the original line up split up so have never had the chance to see them.

I saw The Specials Mk II in 1998 and they were great but the 'proper' specials would be better.

I also saw Neville Staple perform in Shepherd's Bush (supporting the Beat) when Jerry Dammers played keyboards on 'Ghost Town' with him last month. Ranking Roger from The Beat and Pauline Black from The Selecter were on stage too. What a fantastic night that was.

If you are after Specials/Beat/Madness stuff check out this blog. It has some real gems:

http://thebeeftheoriginalandthecover.blogspot.com/

Also, I've mentioned this on here a few times but if anyone has any radio sessions or live material by the Bodysnatchers, please could you post it?!?!?

Thanks

Bozzy!

wow... Do you guys know about the line up? Roddy Radiation, Neville, Terry Hall, Jerry Dammers, etc etc?? Rico Rodriguez too?

Also, I've mentioned this on here a few times but if anyone has any radio sessions or live material by the Bodysnatchers, please could you post it?!?!?

I have only seen about 3 songs live (which were great) and some songs performed on Dance Craze.
Looked for more but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for looking Flax. Much appreciated.

'Dance Craze' is great. Can't see it ever getting an official dvd release unfortunately.

I've got a bootleg cassette of The Bodysnatchers live in Folkestone but the quality is appalling and the sound only comes out of one speaker!

I saw Rhoda Dakar with The Selecter a couple of years back and she played all of the tracks The Bodysnatchers released (Let's Do Rocksteady, Ruder Than You, Easy Life, Too Experienced and 007) and also The Special AKA's 'Racist Friend'. It was a great gig.

Rhoda's recent solo album 'Cleaning In Another Woman's Kitchen' is well worth picking up. It's basically an acoustic ska album. Also, she is on a couple of tracks on Skaville UK's recent '1973' cd.

Sorry forgot to say that it is all 7 original members:

Terry Hall
Neville Staple
Jerry Dammers
Lynval Golding
Roddy Radiation
Sir Horace Gentleman
John Bradbury

Not sure if Rico will be involved (hope that he will though). Sadly, Dick Cuthell is apparently in ill health and wouldn't be able to participate.:tears:

Sweet! :D I only hope a US tour is forthcoming.

Back
Top Bottom