The Ting Tings; yes or no?

The Ting Tings; yes or no?

• Total voters
Re: Open mouth junkie look...

Apparently not.

I kind of like the 4th track... "Traffic Light" I think it's called. The singer's voice sounds a lot like Harriet Wheeler from The Sundays, don't you think? Just on that one track. And "Shut up and Let Me Go" is alright. Good music for driving around with the roof down.

They remind me of a grown up version of 90's pop band Shampoo. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not yet.

Oh, sweet Jebus.

The Ting Tings are at least better than that. Maybe not much, but at least a little.

That 4th song is pretty, I will defend it. Yes, it's "Traffic Light", I just checked on my iPod.

But, seriously, 'The Long Blondes' are a hundred times better

Even though I'm a big fan of the Ting Tings I have to agree that the Long Blondes have really got it going on. Now, there's a great band. I saw them live recently and I was just blown away. Kate Jackson has presence, charisma, the voice, the whole jolly nine yards...and as for fashion sense, 100 points! She should market her own clothes range to rid the world of tracksuit bottomed eyesores :)

Now, back to the Ting Tings...

They're just fads these type of acts, no longevity i don't think. They'll earn a fair wedge for a while as they are everywhere at the moment and fair play to that.
Not for me but then again i'm a grumpy old toad sometimes, i do really like Laura Marling from the current batch of artists but that's another thread entirely.
x

I LOVE THEM, I wish everyone would stop hating on them!!!!! :mad:

Saw them twice last month, once at a tiny club in San Diego, so tiny my friend and I were sitting on the edge of the stage. I talked to a guy before the show and he said he had been outside trying to get a ticket (the show was sold out because it was such a small venue), but no one had an extra one for sale. When Katie & Jules arrived and saw him asking everyone for a ticket, they went up to him, told him not to worry, and straight away put him on the guest list to get in. :)

They are obviously not going to be influential like the Smiths, but they are SO much fun to see live. Jules completely rocks out on the drums (and guitar too) and Katie is a great performer. Their album isn't deep, it's just fun!

Not hating them Mell, i can see they're pretty throwaway and good at what they do...good luck to em'. x

They are obviously not going to be influential like the Smiths, but they are SO much fun to see live.

That's probably because they are so much influenced by the Smiths anyway :p

I don't mind them at all. The last track on the album "I started nothing" is one that I play on repeat on my way down the M6 to work :guitar:

Katie definitely has some of the Debbie Harry style and stage presence and the songs are inoffensive and catchy.

Then stop searching the internet for endless posts about Rangers fans and listen more to The Ting Tings instead!:p

Jukebox Jury

Har-de-har. Anyway, it is good to know the enemy. It is bad to know your NME.
UnrepentantFenianBastard.jpg

Dear god, please help me. I think they are shockingly shockingly bad. I wish they would go away. In fact I'm pretty sure a year down the line they'll be dead and gone. I can't stand them. There's nothing more offensive than "inoffensive pop", and that is a fact.

Rant over. But I bloody hate them. :mad::mad::mad:

I voted no cos I think this is the group that do that 'They stole my name' song. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If they did it they should be placed in stocks and ridiculed for giving the world something so dire.

That's probably because they are so much influenced by the Smiths anyway :p

I don't hear that at all. Not one bit. They wrote "Salford" on their album sleeve and it begins and ends with that.

I don't mind them at all. The last track on the album "I started nothing" is one that I play on repeat on my way down the M6 to work :guitar:

Katie definitely has some of the Debbie Harry style and stage presence and the songs are inoffensive and catchy.

I don't like that song much.

Dear god, please help me. I think they are shockingly shockingly bad. I wish they would go away. In fact I'm pretty sure a year down the line they'll be dead and gone. I can't stand them. There's nothing more offensive than "inoffensive pop", and that is a fact.

Rant over. But I bloody hate them. :mad::mad::mad:

Please show me some non-inoffensive pop. Would that be offensive pop? I'm lost, but I'm open for recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom