transexual athletes at Beijing 2008

the judge

The other day I wondered about that. Are there any at the Olympics this year?
What about a man who becomes a woman? Do they compete with women? cos I believe they're physically stronger than women born as women (despite hormonal treatments or whatever they go through).

I thought IOC did not allow transexual athletes to compete Olympics. :confused:
In 1968 a Japanese filmmaker Yasuzo Masumura mada a film called The Sex Check which is a story about a female athlete and her coach who are training for Olympics.

We watched the women's 10,000m last night, and every one of us, kids included, said, at the same time - "That's a bloke!!" - think it might have been one of the Russians - not sure.

Peter

We watched the women's 10,000m last night, and every one of us, kids included, said, at the same time - "That's a bloke!!" - think it might have been one of the Russians - not sure.

Peter

ahaha. yeah, there's some scary women :D

I especially liked one of the Chinese volleyball players, a gal who reminded me of a character in Attack You! (brown-hair, fringe, in the lasts episodes...) :p

I would like to see an olympics made-up entirely of Transexuals, preferably drugged and stark naked.

I dreamt about it once and it's more intriguing than you think...:cool:

I thought IOC did not allow transexual athletes to compete Olympics. :confused:

Transgendered people were not allowed to participate in the Olympic Games until the games in Athens 2004, when the IOC approved a new set of roles about it.

Intersexed people are still not allowed to compete at the Olympics.

I would like to see an olympics made-up entirely of Transexuals, preferably drugged and stark naked.

I dreamt about it once and it's more intriguing than you think...:cool:
if you'd gone to shoreditch last week, your wish would've been granted ;)

anyway, i was wondering the same thing. mainly because i fell in love with both lu ying-chi (weightlifting) and xu yan (judo) and they were both very androgynous indeed.

if you'd gone to shoreditch last week, your wish would've been granted ;)

anyway, i was wondering the same thing. mainly because i fell in love with both lu ying-chi (weightlifting) and xu yan (judo) and they were both very androgynous indeed.

It's a worrying time on this planet when what appears as a thought in my mind actually manifests itself in reality..:eek:

This year promises more games, amongst them "Pin the cock on the Tranny" and "Tranny wet T-shirt competition."

Maybe next year...:p

I know very little about sports, but I was thinking- why make the separation for men/women at all? Why can't everyone compete with each other, no matter what they are?
From what I understand men in general have more muscle masse but I'm sure women are generally advantaged in other things (maybe flexibility?). I think it should be interesting.

I know very little about sports, but I was thinking- why make the separation for men/women at all? Why can't everyone compete with each other, no matter what they are?
From what I understand men in general have more muscle masse but I'm sure women are generally advantaged in other things (maybe flexibility?). I think it should be interesting.

My missus and me reckon that the only sport (olympic or otherwise) that men and women compete on an even basis is equestrianism.

Also, while watching the rowing - they win by going backwards the fastest. Are there other sports you win by going backwards quickly?

Peter

Stella the Fella

Poland runner Stella Walsh was a dominant runner between the 1930s and the 1940s. However, she’s also considered one of the biggest hoaxes in Olympic history.

She won the gold in the 100m during the 1932 Olympics in Los Angeles. She’s the first woman to ever break the 12-second barrier. This feat plus years of amateur running earned her the distinction of being inducted to the U.S. Track and Field Hall of Fame in 1975.

But it was after Helen Stephens beat her in the 100m event during the 1936 Olympics in Berlin that created a controversy, which questioned Stephen’s gender. It was talks from the Walsh supporters that fueled this, to which the officials followed suit with an investigation wherein Stephens agreed to. After careful physical examination, the German doctors found that Stephens was indeed a female.

Ironically, it was later found out that it was Walsh who turned out to be a male after an autopsy was done when she got killed from a stray shot in 1980.

Do you like The Style Council, Coiff?
You absolutely look like one who would like them.

Errm...thanks? :o

I can't say I'm a huge fan - they are my least favourite of Paul Weller's side-projects. Long Hot Summer was a great tune though, and I have a particularly vivid memory linked to that song.

Coiff.

PS - Before anyone asks, I did not lose my virginity to the smooth sounds of the Style Council. :rolleyes::p

The other day I wondered about that. Are there any at the Olympics this year?
What about a man who becomes a woman? Do they compete with women? cos I believe they're physically stronger than women born as women (despite hormonal treatments or whatever they go through).

I hope to God not. What next? Having the events in a country that forces people to confess and then murders them in secret?

Back
Top Bottom