Truly disappointing

cdurkin

Sold out. Selling out re-realsing. And I quote "At the record company meeting". No slags just money, money and that's easy money. For 35 years this man was my idol. As a judge once said...... greedy man. The judge was right. This man cares nothing about his music now. Grab. Grab. Grab.

Is this post triggered by some specific incident? We've been dealing with reissues (some half-decent, some horrendous) for years now.

He's nearly 65, 'mainstream' success is long behind him and his heart isn't in it anymore. What do you expect? It's been about 'the pension fund' for a long, long time.

He's nearly 65, 'mainstream' success is long behind him and his heart isn't in it anymore. What do you expect? It's been about 'the pension fund' for a long, long time.
Rubbish. Moz could have 'played the game' and been like Johnny. Played the role of the non-offensive 80s indie grandpa. He chose to speak out and f*** up his career. He didn't have to. He must have done it for one reason only - he gives a damn.

If so, why isn't there more Smiths products? There are so many bootleg records and t-shirts out there. Why nothing official?

I'm actually excited about the re-release of Beethoven Was Deaf, except the cover art. Cry more, babies.
Excited for what if not for the cover? Everything else has been released 31 years ago and you can still buy the original release.
Otherwise, of course the first post of this thread is even more, erm - shit.

Excited for what if not for the cover? Everything else has been released 31 years ago and you can still buy the original release.
Otherwise, of course the first post of this thread is even more, erm - shit.

The LP. I like listening to records, and I don't want to use my original copy too much.

If so, why isn't there more Smiths products? There are so many bootleg records and t-shirts out there. Why nothing official?
Because that would involve 1-having to communicate and come to an agreement with Johnny, and 2-Mike Joyce getting a slice of the profits. What remains of the Smiths seem so divided they are incapable of working together, even as a legacy act that would benefit all of them.

Rubbish. Moz could have 'played the game' and been like Johnny. Played the role of the non-offensive 80s indie grandpa. He chose to speak out and f*** up his career. He didn't have to. He must have done it for one reason only - he gives a damn.
Bizarre logic. Morrissey put a bomb under his career time and time again but it's because he cares? About what? Because it's not his band or making music or actually putting effort into his career, he's done every human thing possible to screw up his chances there over the past 7 years. That's not 'caring', that's just being a stubborn fool who constantly acts against his own interests whilst expecting the world to fall into his lap. When it doesn't happen, he invents conspiracies and blames everyone else for the inevitable outcome. Morrissey wants all the glory (and all the £££) that comes with success, without putting in any of the work that goes with it - promotion, touring, being semi-civil with a label, half-decent artwork and all the rest.

And how typical, to drag Johnny into it. Johnny does things for money, sure. And again, he's also years and years past his heyday and not getting any younger so I don't really see anything wrong in it. They are not going to change the world now, pop is a young person's game. Johnny at least keeps his word, shows up when he says he will, plays small venues and prices tickets accordingly. Moz cares so much about everything these days, he can't even do that. Absurd argument.

Last edited:
Because that would involve 1-having to communicate and come to an agreement with Johnny, and 2-Mike Joyce getting a slice of the profits. What remains of the Smiths seem so divided they are incapable of working together, even as a legacy act that would benefit all of them.
Yes this is it really. Such a shame. Andy's celebration at the S&G will give a glimpse of the love that's still out there. Just such a shame time hasn't fixed anything.

Sold out. Selling out re-realsing. And I quote "At the record company meeting". No slags just money, money and that's easy money. For 35 years this man was my idol. As a judge once said...... greedy man. The judge was right. This man cares nothing about his music now. Grab. Grab. Grab.
thats it,get it all off your hairless chest.

Back
Top Bottom