TTY / replies : January 2014 - true-to-you.net

Link posted by SomeTotallyRandomMozFan:

TTY / replies : January 2014
- true-to-you.net
2 January 2014

Morrissey has answered a sixth series of questions submitted by Questions And Answers participants. These questions and Morrissey's answers are as follows.

Excerpts:

Who inspired you to sing?
KARICACSARY, Fontana.

Bobby Hatfield. He was the smaller of the two Righteous Brothers, and his falsetto swoop made me jump backwards over the settee. You should You Tube their You've lost that lovin' feelin', and you'll see what I mean. When I made the record Ringleader of the tormentors, the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've lost that lovin' feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks. I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that.

I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
MELIS, Istanbul.

Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world...

You are one of the few personalities in modern times who have really influenced my thinking about art and life. Have you ever thought about writing a novel?
HANNA, Germany.

In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes...

Media coverage:

Last edited:
"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder."

What an absolutely f***ing idiotic thing to say. Still, it fits the MO of saying stupid shit to keep your name in the news.

P.

Maybe he meant to say necrophilia?

People Are The Same Everywhere...apparently except in Istanbul, Scandinavia, Rome & Paris. Crossing my fingers for "I've Got Seoul" as the closing track.

You don't believe he means what he says?

I believe he has strongly held beliefs. I also believe he knows exactly how to keep his name in the news. As to whether he meant the exact turn of phrase, only one person can answer that, I cannot. My personal feeling is that he plays the game. Throughout his recording history, whenever he announces a new release, he says something outrageous. Why are we surprised? It's just business.

P.

Indeed. I don't know I'm surprised. As I've mentioned so many times, this is what he does. Hyperbolic bollocks to keep his name in the news. He's an idiot, though.

P.

And yet here we all are, still...:confused:

His 'MO' is that he expresses his opinion. His opinion is that animal life, suffering and death is equivalent to human life, suffering and death. It's not a unique viewpoint. Or even a newly expressed one. You don't share it. I don't share it. He clearly believes it wholeheartedly, hence the extremity of the analogies. 'f***ing idiot' seems a bit much, especially for the 'UK administrator' of the other principal Moz site...

And yet here we all are, still...:confused:

His 'MO' is that he expresses his opinion. His opinion is that animal life, suffering and death is equivalent to human life, suffering and death. It's not a unique viewpoint. Or even a newly expressed one. You don't share it. I don't share it. He clearly believes it wholeheartedly, hence the extremity of the analogies. 'f***ing idiot' seems a bit much, especially for the 'UK administrator' of the other principal Moz site...

Oh, I see. So he's allowed to say what he likes, however outrageous, and I'm not? Don't be daft.

And, by the way..."If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference. People who would disagree with this statement have probably never been inside an abattoir." - apart from the crass comparison, I don't recall reading about Morrissey's abattoir visit. I must have missed it.

P.

Indeed. I don't know I'm surprised. As I've mentioned so many times, this is what he does. Hyperbolic bollocks to keep his name in the news. He's an idiot, though.

P.

Are you calling Morrissey an idiot?!!!! Don’t you know that this is the way he really sees life and believes? It’s not an act. If you don’t know this by now then you’re not a fan.

I believe he has strongly held beliefs. I also believe he knows exactly how to keep his name in the news. As to whether he meant the exact turn of phrase, only one person can answer that, I cannot. My personal feeling is that he plays the game. Throughout his recording history, whenever he announces a new release, he says something outrageous. Why are we surprised? It's just business.

P.

What new release? So this is advanced promotion for an LP that has yet to be recorded, or for the novel that is half-written? Goddamn that cunning, evil genius of a business guru that goes by the name Morrissey.

Sheesh. Etc.

People Are The Same Everywhere...apparently except in Istanbul, Scandinavia, Rome & Paris. Crossing my fingers for "I've Got Seoul" as the closing track.

I understand it opens with "Die Gay-Jew-Commie-Roma Scum Of Auschwitz, You Are No Better Than Animals To Me", which is a swirling ballad, followed by "Man Of L.A. / Manch-ester."

P.

Maybe to you it is outrageous. Perhaps to him, it is the way he feels and views the world.

Are you calling Morrissey an idiot?!!!! Don’t you know that this is the way he really sees life and believes? It’s not an act. If you don’t know this by now then you’re not a fan.

No, he knows how to keep his name inthe news. It's a game. For business. Give it a few days to gauge public opinion. Your spectacles have a tint.

P.

Oh, I see. So he's allowed to say what he likes, however outrageous, and I'm not? Don't be daft.

And, by the way..."If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference. People who would disagree with this statement have probably never been inside an abattoir." - apart from the crass comparison, I don't recall reading about Morrissey's abattoir visit. I must have missed it.
P.

Just because it didn’t make the headlines doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Maybe to you it is outrageous. Perhaps to him, it is the way he feels and views the world.

Maybe it is. The dwindling purchasing public may disagree and not buy his product.

P.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because it didn’t make the headlines doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Well then you know something I don't. Or perhaps it's a burden of proof fallacy?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

P.

Maybe it is. The dwindling purchasing public may disagree and not buy his product.

P.

I think that's a real possibility. Then again, I suppose he is one not to readily pander to the purchasing public.

I just think there may be some validity in the point that the papers will pick up on something 'outrageous' (which is a value judgement) because they have to fill the pages with something and the more unusual/outrageous/outside of the norm is what is most interesting. 54 year old singer says he likes fried foods is a non-story as far as a writer is concerned.

Does he do it deliberately? I don't know. I don't think so. I think it is how he truly is. What seems preposterous to the average person is completely obvious to him.

Well I know this, You should resign as Administrator.

Huh?

Set the record straight, Uncleskinny is not the administrator, but the longest serving forum moderator of 17 years' history of Solo.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom