Tucson, AZ - Fox Tucson Theatre (Apr. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Refunds available from the venue, email posted by baby j.
  • Morrissey Tucson show ends after 6 songs (3 photos by C. Elliot Photography) - tucson.com. Link from Mike.

Excerpt:

Fox Tucson Theatre Executive Director Craig Sumberg on Tuesday said they were negotiating with managers for Morrissey, 57, about possibly rescheduling the concert or giving refunds. There apparently was an agreement between the promoters and Morrissey's management that Monday's concert was not a "formal show," which could open the door for some sort of remedy, he said.

"The best for all concerned would be to reschedule the show," he said.

...Morrissey is set to play a sold-out show at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts on Wednesday, April 12. A box office spokesman on Tuesday morning said that show is still on.

39879_tucson.jpg

• Video from baby J / YouTube, link from an anonymous person:

Last edited:
There was a cute, funny little moment when his voice slightly cracked like a teenage boy going through puberty during some between-song words at the show in Santa Ana. Yes, it's upsetting to have a show cancelled, but he is nearly 58 and deals with the same occasional voice problems and sickness all singers must experience. A main cast member for a recent LA Opera show came down with bronchitis and had to lip-sync opening night, with someone else fill the role in later performances. Let's have compassion rather than anger and hope he gets well soon!

That could of been the last songs live ever for mozer how fitting Everyday is like Sunday was last...reminds me way back in the day at Starplex amphitheater in Dallas fans bombarded stage ending showa abruptly...although at least that was encore...well I feel blessed the 4 other times again hoping the best for Morrissey truly Iam... Texas sorry start your refunds....uuuuuugggghhhh

There was a cute, funny little moment when his voice slightly cracked like a teenage boy going through puberty during some between-song words at the show in Santa Ana. Yes, it's upsetting to have a show cancelled, but he is nearly 58 and deals with the same occasional voice problems and sickness all singers must experience. A main cast member for a recent LA Opera show came down with bronchitis and had to lip-sync opening night, with someone else fill the role in later performances. Let's have compassion rather than anger and hope he gets well soon!

Refund the dollars first and foremost.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

You don't stand a chance in hell with that. READ YOUR TICKET: NO REFUNDS/NO EXCHANGES. Legally you don't have a leg to stand on so blow off you tosser!

I would like a full refund plus travel expenses or I'll see Morrissey in court

Good luck with that. LOL. Fool. Take Morrissey to Court .... In the words of he man himself 'Well, it's really laughable, Ah hahahaha'

Its call breach of contract fool. I"ll drop the lawsuit if he promises to never perform again.

That could of been the last songs live ever for mozer how fitting Everyday is like Sunday was last...reminds me way back in the day at Starplex amphitheater in Dallas fans bombarded stage ending showa abruptly...although at least that was encore...well I feel blessed the 4 other times again hoping the best for Morrissey truly Iam... Texas sorry start your refunds....uuuuuugggghhhh

We can only hope that he's near the end of the road.

Too bad for the fans, but it's not unlike an athlete. When they know they've broken/sprained something, that's it.

I don't disagree that the band could've continued with an instrumental show, or with members taking turns on vocals (bad or good, it'd go down in Moz history). Or, wait for it...invite fans up to sing one song each. I don't know how you'd confirm their ability before they climbed up, but it'd be a bootleg for the ages.

http://imgur.com/CScbeKG

No wonder bands like Hall & f***ing Oates are selling out arenas and filling up the front 10 rows at $500 a pop while Moz has trouble filling small venues where Pink Floyd cover bands play.

Love the man for the music he has given us but his reputation for canceling gigs is well deserved.

I'm not sure if I hallucinated it, but I don't think you are legally entitled to a refund if six songs are played. Sure it's a short gig - but it's still a gig. Less than that, and you get a refund, I think?

Bummer. Sure everyone gets sick injured but he's had more than most in he last few years.not saying it his fault but he might wanna adjust and slow down some. I know that would depress him a bit maybe as he seems to love touring but I think it better to pace yourself than running full speed collapsing getting up running full speed collapsing and so on

GET CANCER NOW.

I read people hoping for him to get cancer. It's not human feeling, isn't it?
I CAN'T barely believe I'm reading this at a Morrissey place....
And why this? Where does this anger come from?
Well, this guy - who hopes Morrissey to get ill again - must be so selfish that only be in a gig matters for him.

After the amazing scenes of Mejico it's sad to see Morrissey in such a parlous way.
Moments like this must worry him about his longevity as a live act although it would have probably been wiser not to go ahead with the concert once he knew, but well we all know money talks and the retirement years await.....
If he cannot perform live, seems immune to any form of self-financed releases. no record deal, seemingly a lack of new material and won't even appear as a guest vocalist on a Guerrila's album all he has left is the power to proclaim his political incorrectness.
Oh and that MEN/O2/ Glastonbury show with Johnny Marr, obviously with a backing tape!

Incidentally I was at a Who gig when Daltrey's voice went about three-quarters of the way through. They gamely tried to continue - making the audience sing Magic Bus - but everyone knew the game was up and the tour was scrapped for 4 months, with dates immediately rescheduled.

took benny manilow till page two to get in.when a tour is booked who knows what the health of the artist is going to be in 3,6,12 months,theres hardly an artist alive who hasn't had one cancelation.at one point Elton john had more cancelations than Morrissey.i lost my voice a while ago and it was the weirdest thing because you can gradually hear it going bit by bit.

@ people asking for refunds: yes, it would be a nice if some sort of refund could be given, but the possibility of cancellation or unexpected issues (technical issues, natural disaster, health problems, etc.) comes with ANY performance or event. The tour crew and the venue have already paid or committed to pay many people (security, concessions, set-up, sound, crew, etc.) to put on a show, which is where part of your ticket money goes. Factor in opportunity costs, etc.

Unfortunately only played Suedehead / Alma Matters / When I Last Spoke To Carol / Everyday is Like Sunday before he left the stage due to vocal exhaustion.

He said after the first song (paraphrased) "it seems I have left half my mouth in Guadalajara, but I will sing - and if I must I will drop dead". Moz just needs some rest, I'm sure this extensive tour schedule is exhausting.

There's only 9 dates and they are all fair weathered westcoast dates.

I was there, after traveling a long time that day. Disappointing. I had traveled quite a bit to see him over the last couple of years and am just not up to it for a while. That's life! Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Scary to think you could be losing your voice. Here's hoping for more tours, but there is more to life than touring. When is he going to settle down?? Although I am furious the way he just left the stage, he has flaws. But isn't he great too? Great time and read many good books over the last couple of years. We still love you Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom