US tour announced - true-to-you.net

UPDATE April 3:

North American tour and Madison Square Garden posters on true-to-you.net.

An anonymous person writes:

Amanda Palmer support?!

Morrissey new dates - true-to-you.net
2 April 2015

Morrissey will continue promotion for World Peace Is None Of Your Business with the following confirmed North American dates:

June 11
New Orleans (LA) / Saenger Theater
June 13
Atlanta (GA) / Atlanta Symphony Hall
June 15
Durham (NC) / The Carolina Theatre
June 24
Worcester (MA) / Hanover Theater
June 27
New York City (NY) / Madison Square Garden
June 29
Akron (OH) / Akron Civic Theater
June 30
Cincinnati (OH) / Aronoff Center for the Arts
July 2
Nashville (TN) / Grand Ole Opry House
July 8
Detroit (MI) / Masonic Temple
July 9
Chicago (IL) / Civic Opera House
July 11
Normal (IL) / Bloomington Center for the Arts
July 13
St. Paul (MN) / Fitzgerald Theater
July 16
Morrison (CO) / Red Rocks
July 18
Salt Lake City (UT) / The Depot
July 21
Seattle (WA) / Benaroya Hall
July 23
Troutdale (OR) / Edgefield
July 25
San Jose (CA) / San Jose Event Center

Blondie will open the night at Madison Square Garden
Amanda Palmer will open the night at San Jose

Please support Morrissey by downloading "Kiss Me A Lot" on iTunes US, or iTunes UK

morrissey_north_american_tour_june_and_july_2015.jpg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't lose faith.

I haven't. I'm excited. I'll be doing what I can to get great seats.

My friend saw Morrissey in Portland a couple years ago but he only knew a few songs. Now 80% of his listening is Moz/Smiths so he's going to have an amazing time. He was also going to the AC show.

I know I can sometimes be critical of Morrissey but I think I'm pretty fair about it and unlike many here, I think ROTT and YOR are great. I've come a long way in really liking WPINOYB which I thought was pretty weak after a couple listens but I have listened to at least part of it pretty much every day since it came out.

EDIT: To Give is a shit song and I'd rather hear a Kristeen Young cover :squiffy: - Forgot to mention that

Moz Angeles can't pay its water bill. Sorry, no Moz for you. :(

Don't bank on seeing him play at McMenamin's Edgefield in Troutdale Oregon. McMenamin's is a regional burger and beer chain for f***'s sake. As a former manager of one of their pubs, their profits first mentality would never allow an artist to dictate that they stop serving mediocre burgers for the day.

Someone really didn't do their homework when they booked this show.

I would love to hear songs off of Vauxhall personally...and I would love to never hear Throwing Arms Around Paris again haha..well cheers to Moz for still going!!

Agreed, he needs to retire quite a few of the regular songs he plays( for awhile atleast).

He has such a vast, beautiful catalog of songs to play.

I need a ride from either Buena Vista, Co. or Denver to Red Rocks. I'm hiking the CT, but will turn around for this show. I'm on Craig's List Denver under rideshare. thanks

Agreed, he needs to retire quite a few of the regular songs he plays( for awhile atleast).

He has such a vast, beautiful catalog of songs to play.

I said it elsewhere: For us his catalogue is vast but I'm pretty sure it isn't quite as vast for Moz because he obviously sorts many songs out that he can't or won't sing anymore for whatever reason. And there are many possible reasons not to play a song. I, for example, can't really see him sing Now My Heart Is Full today although he played it in 2004 and a few times in 2006 (I think). I don't know why. I just can't see it.

I do remember that. Do you know what said "visa issues" were by chance?

not enough tickets sold to pay for the visa itself.
red rocks is another likely cancellation, dont think moz will be able to deal with the altitude.

Chrissie Hynde lives in London much of the year, so though it might be cool for ther to join Moz on stage in Akron, it is highly unlikely.

Yeah, but even after her parents passed she still breezes into town on occasion, so here's hoping, anyway.

Who in there right mind would insure or promote him in the US after last year's fiasco in the US?

Since when does morrissey like blondie

- - - Updated - - -

His music taste has really done a 360 since the early days
Blondie seems like a band he would not touch with a Barge pole
(Dont get me wrong blondie is awesome)

- - - Updated - - -

Iam starting to seriously think there is some "Paul is dead" shit thats happend to Morrissey

He's probably liked and enjoyed Blondie since 1977. His choice of support shouldn't be a surprise. He played Blondie's " Fan Mail" in his intro tapes in the past. I suppose he'd prefer they don't play "Maria" though.

Who in there right mind would insure or promote him in the US after last year's fiasco in the US?

Well, someone apparently. Despite the heavily protest of people on this site who are obviously experts on the matter.

No need for black curtains on this tour. No,the biggest fear is the mystery illness, gasoline for the tour truck, wheels for the covered wagon and the food poisoning shits.
Good luck to all the brave ones who risk their time and money on Steven McMorrissey the Cheeseatarian crankfraud.

STEVEN ONCE AGAIN FINDS HIMSELF WITHOUT A RECORDING CONTRACT (yawn)BECAUSE HARVEST LET HIM DOWN (not).
Please support Silly Steven by downloading cheese-me-a-lot.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Two things:

1. According to the TRB, this announcement is another sign--and the playing at a Masonic Hall is another one. Blue Rose lives.

2. Many in Pittsburgh don't want Morrissey and his shite release WPINOYB.

While you're f***ing around trolling I caution you not to take it in this direction because you have no idea what you're talking about and this is not a can of worms you want to open, I promise you.

I suggest we start a contest: For $5 you get to guess how many concerts Morrissey will play out of this US tour, who ever guesses right, or gets the closest, takes all the money. Anyone in?
There are 17 dates scheduled, the gaps of dates longer than 4 days will be filled with additional cities, like between Durham on June 15 and Worcester on June 24 (clearly, he is not planning a break 3 dates into the tour) 2, or maybe even 3 dates will be added here- Philly, DC and/or Baltimore will be inserted there, and he will add about 3 or 4 more in California at the end. So this will be a 25 or so date tour. Question: How many dates will he play?
My guess: 12. Who else wants to play?

I suggest we start a contest: For $5 you get to guess how many concerts Morrissey will play out of this US tour, who ever guesses right, or gets the closest, takes all the money. Anyone in?
There are 17 dates scheduled, the gaps of dates longer than 4 days will be filled with additional cities, like between Durham on June 15 and Worcester on June 24 (clearly, he is not planning a break 3 dates into the tour) 2, or maybe even 3 dates will be added here- Philly, DC and/or Baltimore will be inserted there, and he will add about 3 or 4 more in California at the end. So this will be a 25 or so date tour. Question: How many dates will he play?

Do we really want to take part in the Twitter game which ensued as soon as the tour dates were announced? It is played by people who have no interest in Moz but all feel the need to comment that the tour gets cancelled anway as if the 47 dates since the European tour last year never happened. But they did happen and Moz actually fulfilled 43 of them. Of course everthing can happen but at least someone could take these facts into account.

I say maybe 8. When I saw him last year he could barely fill the theater where I saw him. It was probably 2/3 to 3/4 full. Maybe he is bigger in Europe or the west coast.

Back
Top Bottom