Wee mozzy mentions in nme

G

Girl Unafraid

Rob Da Bank, Radio 1
Because of Peel I got into....the Smiths
I got into The Smiths through hearing 'Girlfriend in a Coma' tucked up in bed as a 14 year old, shitting myself that I hadn't done my geography homework. Listening to John's calming tones made the world seem bearable again. I had no clue what Morrissey was talking about but along with most other music I heard on Peel, it's still in my collection, as his voice is still in my head.

What Peel Meant to Me.
Michael Eavis, Glastonbury Festival
For me, the biggest thing John did was The Smiths. He singled them out in 1983, so I went to Bristol to see them play. They were terrific so I spoke to Morrissey and booked them for the '84 festival. By the time they played they were the biggest thing in the country.

I want to sound like Oasis...
"When the Smiths first came on Top of the Pops, that was it for me", Noel Gallagher once admitted. "I wanted to be Johnny Marr" Of course, he wanted to be The Beatles and Paul Weller, too.

Anyway, nowt much, but more interesting is somebody pointed out that the nme now smells of period. Next time you are in a newsagents, open one up and have a sniff. It's true.

> Anyway, nowt much, but more interesting is somebody pointed out that the
> nme now smells of period. Next time you are in a newsagents, open one up
> and have a sniff. It's true.

Ugh.
I'll take your word for it.

Smells of whit?

I rarely read the music press nowadays but when I do it it tends to reek of glossy paper and ink! Now you set me to awondering, I wonder if I can sneak of tthe newsagents without being missed?

Reg

Back
Top Bottom