What album are you listening to right now?

i only come here when i'm sick which is a shame or maybe not. anyways, working myself through the jazz section of our public library. had another abercrombie, the quartet, a later work, which i couldnt like though i tried, but to be fair, this was the first day of the fever hitting the right cheek. the other one, gateway, turned out more appealing during the second listen. the abc&d's got on my nerves after awhile. just what you would expect anyhow. i stopped listening to them when i got sick. i#M still sorting out the a-department of the jazz section, and made it to abou-khalil, rabih. there seems to be a abou-khalil fan working at the library as they have seven of his albums there. i checked out this one here whose title attracted my attention:

a funky fusion of east and west, not really the healing music i need today, but anyway. i have two more abou-khalils here waiting but probably will listen to them only after the fever's gone. anything else? no

I got a signed copy of this in Albuquerque in 2009! How has it aged for you?

It’s one of my fave albums of the last 10 years. There’s a reissue due out in April St.Jude Rewired, I think it’s an acoustic version. Just preordered my copy off Amazon & the exclusive Pic Disc from Courteeners website. (I had the original and sold it for £40! Now it’s impossible to find for less than £200!)
It’s the only Courteeners album worth having. The other 4 are garbage.

It’s one of my fave albums of the last 10 years. There’s a reissue due out in April St.Jude Rewired, I think it’s an acoustic version. Just preordered my copy off Amazon & the exclusive Pic Disc from Courteeners website. (I had the original and sold it for £40! Now it’s impossible to find for less than £200!)
It’s the only Courteeners album worth having. The other 4 are garbage.

So that signed album I have is worth 200 pound? If so, wow.

The Breeders new album 'All Nerve'. I really wish Pixies recent or future albums could be as good as this.

The Breeders new album 'All Nerve'. I really wish Pixies recent or future albums could be as good as this.

I thought this was just pretty good. Not bad by any means but never really kicked into high gear for me. It’s pleasant but t sorta forgettable imo. Metagoth however is great

I thought this was just pretty good. Not bad by any means but never really kicked into high gear for me. It’s pleasant but t sorta forgettable imo. Metagoth however is great
Metagoth is indeed the best song on the album. I'm liking 'All Nerve' and 'Howl At The Summit' and 'Blues At The Acropolis'. I think the album is a grower. Those are my favourite type of albums where there is enough going on that allows you to discover more after repeated listens. I thought the same of 'Low In High School'.

Metagoth is indeed the best song on the album. I'm liking 'All Nerve' and 'Howl At The Summit' and 'Blues At The Acropolis'. I think the album is a grower. Those are my favourite type of albums where there is enough going on that allows you to discover more after repeated listens. I thought the same of 'Low In High School'.

That’s cool. I’m certainly not bashing it but am just finding it to be alright and enjoyable instead wowing me. Hopefully it’ll grow on me more. Probably will

Tracklist
1 The Anatomy Of Melancholy
2 Sex: Male: Race: White
3 The Chrysler Song
4 Rockabilly Swing Swung Gal
5 Wapping (Whitechapel Version)
6 There Is Someone Who Loves You
7 Maria Dolores
8 The Girl Who Had Everything
9 Quo Estai Amore
10 Oh, Johnny

Track 8 is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvQtTOm7_DlvhjI3TAjEDsHMyWwSPY0WW

a1166757775_10.jpg

Tracklist
1 The Anatomy Of Melancholy
2 Sex: Male: Race: White
3 The Chrysler Song
4 Rockabilly Swing Swung Gal
5 Wapping (Whitechapel Version)
6 There Is Someone Who Loves You
7 Maria Dolores
8 The Girl Who Had Everything
9 Quo Estai Amore
10 Oh, Johnny

Track 8 is amazing!

This album by the swedish band BOYS is the best Morrissey album Morrissey never made. The singer manages to sound like Morrissey during his rockabilly phase.

The songs are about football and despair and feeling rejected. It honours spanish icon Maria Dolores in its very own way and ends with Morrissey turning into Robert Smith and The Cure toward the end of "Oh, Johnny".

This is what you get when a few Morrissey fans play with his world of lyrics and style and adds some things here and there that will make you smile.

If you do not end up dancing to this then you're most likely dead. They also have a serious question for the upper middle class.

Relient k - air for free

Sorta reminds me of the format. A nice lust pop rock album optimistic with some melancholic undertones

found this at the library. unftly the only sigur ros album they have.

moving forward in the jazz section at the library. really enjoyed this one here.

Back
Top Bottom