what are you eating right now

oh wow! how--how do you say?--convenient. and yet, i had no idea such things existed! this is why i need you in my life. im gonna buy me one of those, and im gonna eat mangoes all day long, that's a fact!

Yeah I have great analytical and problem solving skills. That's why they pay me shitloads of money, but you get them for free. I have to agree with you, mangoes are incredibly tasty. We did a best fruit poll on another message board and mango won, of course. Surprised cherimoyas made it quite high up the list as they are hideous.

Yeah I have great analytical and problem solving skills. That's why they pay me shitloads of money, but you get them for free. I have to agree with you, mangoes are incredibly tasty. We did a best fruit poll on another message board and mango won, of course. Surprised cherimoyas made it quite high up the list as they are hideous.
ive never heard of a cherimoya! i have to say, they dont look very good.
my fruit list goes like this:
1. grapes
2. nectarines
3. pineapple
4. mangoes
5. honeydew melon

also avocados, but they seemed incongruous in my list somehow. now, why, pray, is this thread an abomination?! what could be more civillized than talking of fruits and new fangled implements with which to cut them?!

ive never heard of a cherimoya! i have to say, they dont look very good.
my fruit list goes like this:
1. grapes
2. nectarines
3. pineapple
4. mangoes
5. honeydew melon

also avocados, but they seemed incongruous in my list somehow. now, why, pray, is this thread an abomination?! what could be more civillized than talking of fruits and new fangled implements with which to cut them?!

I like your ranking of fruits.
Almost similar to mine.
Usually I dislike unripe fruit but the mango shouldn't be to ripe.
And in stead of the honeydew melon I would choose the Cantaloupe.
The orange ones.
On my list there are apples and pears for variation.
You are right, it is civilized to discuss fruit but only for the non-philistines.
:p

If I had to pick a favourite it’d have to be pomegranates. They are delicious, healthy and pretty. I like to throw a handful of pomegranate arils into a green salad - gives a little burst of extra flavour and looks beautiful. Pomegranate juice is very good, too. I’d say pomegranates are the full package.

I’m also a bit partial to figs. We have a fig tree in Greece, and in September we eat the sweet, ripe figs straight off the tree in the evening, when they are still a little warm. Heaven. But then everything tastes better in Greece than in this bleak and godforsaken place. Grapes, nectarines, melons … all lovely and delicious in Greece; flavourless, watery disappointments in Sweden.

Last edited:
If I had to pick a favourite it’d have to be pomegranates. They are delicious, healthy and pretty. I like to throw a handful of pomegranate arils into a green salad - gives a little burst of extra flavour and looks beautiful. Pomegranate juice is very good, too. I’d say pomegranates are the full package.

I’m also a bit partial to figs. We have a fig tree in Greece, and in September we eat the sweet, ripe figs straight off the tree in the evening, when they are still a little warm. Heaven. But then everything tastes better in Greece than in this bleak and godforsaken place. Grapes, nectarines, melons … all lovely and delicious in Greece; flavourless, watery disappointments in Sweden.
yes, i noticed when i lived out in the country and we would get melons straight from farms, little small mis-shapen things that they were, they tasted like no melon i have ever had before. i thought to myself at the time "this is how fruit from the garden of eden must have tasted!" (actually i didnt, i only thought of that now :o). the idea of those melons is what informs my opinion of honey dew melons today even though every one i've had since has been tasteless in comparison. im sure the ones in greece are far better still! it really makes a difference.

yes, i forgot about pomegranates! they're delightful! i think they were one of oscar wildes favourites too. he always made illusions to them in his writings. i think he may have even put the arils in his wine!

yes, i noticed when i lived out in the country and we would get melons straight from farms, little small mis-shapen things that they were, they tasted like no melon i have ever had before. i thought to myself at the time "this is how fruit from the garden of eden must have tasted!" (actually i didnt, i only thought of that now :o). the idea of those melons is what informs my opinion of honey dew melons today even though every one i've had since has been tasteless in comparison. im sure the ones in greece are far better still! it really makes a difference.

yes, i forgot about pomegranates! they're delightful! i think they were one of oscar wildes favourites too. he always made illusions to them in his writings. i think he may have even put the arils in his wine!

Just ordered House of Pomegranates by Oscar Wilde. I've only read The Happy Prince, Earnest and Dorian Gray *hangs head in shame*.

Just ordered House of Pomegranates by Oscar Wilde. I've only read The Happy Prince, Earnest and Dorian Gray *hangs head in shame*.
haha, well that's a lot, no need to hang your head in shame. that's more than most people have read. that's basically all i've read along with some of his essays, poetry (which, aside from 'the ballad of reading gaol', 'ravenna' and 'to my wife' isnt very good), and de profundis. would you believe i forgot when mentioning pomegranates that he had a collection of works entitled House of Pomegranates'? well, so you know, i highly recommend de profundis. in case you dont know, it's a long letter he wrote to bosie while in prison, and it's full of that wonderful spirit of oscar, that spirit that was never petty, never mean, even after every wrong had been done to him. you get to see what kind of friend he must have been, how tolerant, how generous. you get a bit irked of course that he was so wishy washy with bosie, and you wonder why he couldnt just resolutely kick him to the curb once and for all. of course, even though i know i shouldnt, i kind of like bosie. i mean, he was a terrible person but he was also slightly hilarious so i can kind of understand oscars affection for him. but if you do read it there are two versions, one highly expurgated by his friend in accordance, i imagine, with 19th century ideas of decency. that one is only 20 pages or so. it's the longer one, around 100 pages, that is the letter as oscar meant it to be published (as he did mean it to be published).

by the way, have you ever had pink muscat grapes? i had some today, and oh my gosh, they are amazing!

just made a delicious Vegan Milk ! I followed all the steps in the recipe given by The Wild Turkey.
It was really easy actually ! And all my dinner guests enjoyed it too ! But they quickly became confused and were strangely expecting more! Well I just gave them all another glass of Vegan Milk and sent them on their way ! ungracious if you ask me.

haha, well that's a lot, no need to hang your head in shame. that's more than most people have read. that's basically all i've read along with some of his essays, poetry (which, aside from 'the ballad of reading gaol', 'ravenna' and 'to my wife' isnt very good), and de profundis. would you believe i forgot when mentioning pomegranates that he had a collection of works entitled House of Pomegranates'? well, so you know, i highly recommend de profundis. in case you dont know, it's a long letter he wrote to bosie while in prison, and it's full of that wonderful spirit of oscar, that spirit that was never petty, never mean, even after every wrong had been done to him. you get to see what kind of friend he must have been, how tolerant, how generous. you get a bit irked of course that he was so wishy washy with bosie, and you wonder why he couldnt just resolutely kick him to the curb once and for all. of course, even though i know i shouldnt, i kind of like bosie. i mean, he was a terrible person but he was also slightly hilarious so i can kind of understand oscars affection for him. but if you do read it there are two versions, one highly expurgated by his friend in accordance, i imagine, with 19th century ideas of decency. that one is only 20 pages or so. it's the longer one, around 100 pages, that is the letter as oscar meant it to be published (as he did mean it to be published).

by the way, have you ever had pink muscat grapes? i had some today, and oh my gosh, they are amazing!

Oscar was a sucker for youth and beauty, too!:D

No, I've never had pink muscat grapes. I shall try and find some ASAP. I bought some Milka chocolate yesterday, the best chocolate in the world, made from purple cows, and we don't usually get it here, so am delighted. Just had Milka chocolate for breakfast! Ahh.

Last edited:
Oscar was a sucker for youth and beauty, too!:D

No, I've never had pink muscat grapes. I shall try and find some ASAP. I bought some Milka chocolate yesterday, the best chocolate in the world, made from purple cows, and we don't usually get it here, so am delighted. Just had Milka chocolate for breakfast! Ahh.
oh yes, milka chocolate and the purple cows that make it are quite familiar to me. did you know we actually get it here? not all the varieties though, of course. it's divine! also, im glad to see someone else who enjoys chocolate for breakfast :D

yes, oscar was a sucker for youth and beauty, as all poetic types are. the trick is not to let it make you it's pawn, though, as it did with oscar.

just made a delicious Vegan Milk ! I followed all the steps in the recipe given by The Wild Turkey.
It was really easy actually ! And all my dinner guests enjoyed it too ! But they quickly became confused and were strangely expecting more! Well I just gave them all another glass of Vegan Milk and sent them on their way ! ungracious if you ask me.

It's really Moz's Vegan Milk recipe, I just put The Wild Turkey twist on it. Thank you for following directions. I find pleasure in the preparation. The Turkey is Wild, but my palate's refined. Unlike your ungracious dinner guests I guess.

It's really Moz's Vegan Milk recipe, I just put The Wild Turkey twist on it. Thank you for following directions. I find pleasure in the preparation. The Turkey is Wild, but my palate's refined. Unlike your ungracious dinner guests I guess.

Yes, but he likes to hold his recipe cards close to his aproned chest, so I never knew how to go about it. So thank you Wild Turkey for making it easy by following your 'Making Vegan Milk for Dummies Guide' ! Now life is so much easier! And for my guests? well, I guess it's just... more Vegan Milk for me ! :rock:

Mmmmmh baklava. It's always the first thing I buy myself when I go to Greece. Some cappuccino, baklava and an ouzo ... happiness.

Mmmmmh baklava. It's always the first thing I buy myself when I go to Greece. Some cappuccino, baklava and an ouzo ... happiness.

Ah, that gives me a good feeling 12inch!
I would change the cappuccino for an espresso.
I only drink cappuccino in the morning with breakfast.

The Greek coffee has a special flavour and taste too.
I like ouzo, in fact all the anise based alcoholic drinks, like Pastis such as Pernod and Ricard, Sambuca, Absinth, Raki and Arak.
It decends from very old times. They found remnants of anise based drinks from 7000 years ago!
Did you drink the Metaxa 7 stars?
No anise but a very good brandy!
For just a moment I was in Greece again too!
Thanks! :D

Ah, that gives me a good feeling 12inch!
I would change the cappuccino for an espresso.
I only drink cappuccino in the morning with breakfast.

The Greek coffee has a special flavour and taste too.
I like ouzo, in fact all the anise based alcoholic drinks, like Pastis such as Pernod and Ricard, Sambuca, Absinth, Raki and Arak.
It decends from very old times. They found remnants of anise based drinks from 7000 years ago!
Did you drink the Metaxa 7 stars?
No anise but a very good brandy!
For just a moment I was in Greece again too!
Thanks! :D

I love me some Metaxa! I think a lot of beverages produced in Greece are top notch. They produce some fantastic wines as well, even on the islands, thanks to a mixture of volcanic soil and dry winds, so they don't have to use pesticides. I'd say they are among the best, cleanest wines in the world. Ahh. Going there on Wednesday. :)

Tags
*francis baaaaacon dairy death 2 infidel dessert fat pigs fatfuckheaven food fruit future h'ween leftovers great thread kiwi-ownage meat meataint_murder nom nom nom time 4da season vegan vegetables vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom