What is love?

Dogs are weird. And I am not a big fan of dogs, but a few months ago I came home from work and all the lights were on; this alarmed me because my roommate (housemate) was supposed to be at work. As I got up the steps and unlocked the front door I could hear her little dog (who is usually quite docile and quiet) barking incessantly and whining, even. My roommate, it turned out, had come home halfway through her shift, was going through some kind of depression episode, and had been sobbing for at least an hour. The dog (her dog) was extremely upset by this. I found that empathic bond fascinating. I took her out for beer and she felt better (the roommate, not the dog.) (But then the dog too, by proxy.)

Beer: it's the thing.

Dogs aren’t weird. They display sensitivity and loyalty that go beyond our understanding. Same with cats. Did you have a bad experience with a dog or are you just one of those people who think animals are incapable of feeling?

Dogs aren’t weird. They display sensitivity and loyalty that go beyond our understanding. Same with cats. Did you have a bad experience with a dog or are you just one of those people who think animals are incapable of feeling?

Kind of. Not exactly. I certainly don't think animals are incapable of feelings. I am against animal abuse but I do not consider eating animals "abuse" because it exists all throughout nature, most living beings are predatory and must kill to survive and we are the dominant species and we need to eat and while it is ugly and sad to have to slaughter to thrive, it is, as I say, reality, and that's that.

I am disgusted by hunting for sport, I am disgusted by taxidermy, and I am am totally appalled by anyone who tortures or abuses animals for fun.

I do not like most animal rights activists (the hardcore ones) because generally there are very deep psychological issues they are routing through the animal thing. I don't like people who need to spray the bathroom after they shit. I don't like people who need to mask or cover up their humanity because they can't come to terms with aspects of it.

To be honest, I am a cat man. I love cats. Not insane, ten cats to a house love, but love.

Kind of. Not exactly. I certainly don't think animals are incapable of feelings. I am against animal abuse but I do not consider eating animals "abuse" because it exists all throughout nature, most living beings are predatory and must kill to survive and we are the dominant species and we need to eat and while it is ugly and sad to have to slaughter to thrive, it is, as I say, reality, and that's that.

I am disgusted by hunting for sport, I am disgusted by taxidermy, and I am am totally appalled by anyone who tortures or abuses animals for fun.

I do not like most animal rights activists (the hardcore ones) because generally there are very deep psychological issues they are routing through the animal thing. I don't like people who need to spray the bathroom after they shit. I don't like people who need to mask or cover up their humanity because they can't come to terms with aspects of it.

To be honest, I am a cat man. I love cats. Not insane, ten cats to a house love, but love.

:love:

BlackCatblinkingeyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
A cat will find the quickest exit out of a burning house...casually licking its paws outside as embers ignite the bed you're sleeping in. A dog will bark and drag your dead ass out of bed (with little to no regard for its own well-being) if the lava lamp catches fire. Cat = selfish love. Dog = selfless love. < added to keep on topic.

A cat will find the quickest exit out of a burning house...casually licking its paws outside as embers ignite the bed you're sleeping in. A dog will bark and drag your dead ass out of bed (with little to no regard for its own well-being) if the lava lamp catches fire. Cat = selfish love. Dog = selfless love. < added to keep on topic.

You couldn't be more wrong about cats.

- - - Updated - - -

You like cats and have 'cat' in your username, yet you look like a gypsy's dog...

I don't like cats, I love cats.

Back
Top Bottom