What is the religion of Morrissey?

If he wants to promote that image then that's fine, but there's no way he's actually a practising Christian.

This is why I referred to him as either a back-slidden Catholic or a recovering Catholic ;) He did attend Catholic school as a child and when they started in with the Hell's Fire, Brimstone, and Damnation, it scared the bejeebers out of him!

You certainly can pick and choose your own spirituality. It doesn't give it any more credibility though in what is actually the reality and isn't that the point? To learn how things work? Otherwise aren't we all just telling ourselves things that feel good? While that can be comforting, it isn't necessarily useful in understanding the natural (and the supernatural should it exist).

I think people get into very dodgy water when they try to cherry pick beliefs and then claim themselves as a theist. I think the more logical and correct identification would be something along the lines of an agnostic theist but my definitions could be off.

I find that a lot of Atheists support the false dichotomy that Science (how things work as you put it) and Religion are mutually exclusive. By that token one cannot take comfort in being looked out for when they nearly get hit by a car on the way home from work AND take an aspirin to help their headache from the stress of it all? Aspirin is SCIENCE. Science was conducted to help us know that aspirin helps headaches. But if you DARE take that aspirin and support the science that went into it's discovery, you are a spiritual miscreant and clearly confused in your belief structures. :squiffy: Is that cherry picking? Does it ever enter the HARDCORE ATHEISTS mind that there's something to be said for everything in moderation? Maybe God's a chemist in his spare time? Let's call them agnostic theists. f***, how about we call it a day and have a beer instead? :p

If you can't tell my argument style may be suffering as a direct result of the last thought. :D

I find that a lot of Atheists support the false dichotomy that Science (how things work as you put it) and Religion are mutually exclusive. By that token one cannot take comfort in being looked out for when they nearly get hit by a car on the way home from work AND take an aspirin to help their headache from the stress of it all? Aspirin is SCIENCE. Science was conducted to help us know that aspirin helps headaches. But if you DARE take that aspirin and support the science that went into it's discovery, you are a spiritual miscreant and clearly confused in your belief structures. :squiffy: Is that cherry picking? Does it ever enter the HARDCORE ATHEISTS mind that there's something to be said for everything in moderation? Maybe God's a chemist in his spare time? Let's call them agnostic theists. f***, how about we call it a day and have a beer instead? :p

If you can't tell my argument style may be suffering as a direct result of the last thought. :D

Ok. Sorry if the conversation is upsetting you. That wasn't my intention. It has gone off topic so best to probably leave it here anyway.

Ok. Sorry if the conversation is upsetting you. That wasn't my intention. It has gone off topic so best to probably leave it here anyway.

I'm not upset. I'm drunk. :D

Just a quick post here..........
Interesting question!
Im not sure what morrisseys religion is, only he will know!
Think he wears a crusifix tho for a reason!
But what we can say for sure is that morrissey is a seeker, a spiritual student of light ! ,
yep indeedy! .......... the compassion and empathy for the suffering of other creatures is incredibily strong in this one!
In fact we have never seen aything like this before! :)

Was talking 2 a stranger id never met before in a record shop yesterday (, well ok its CDS these days!) and I mentioned morrissey, (cant recall how we got onto the subject) and this guys face lite up instantly LOL :) his eyes seems 2 smile at me, it was if by mentioning the name of morrisssey.... all of a sudden all of his pain and suffering were taken away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What more can one say?

(started 2 edit and delete some of my posts and im not even back yet! edited even more! )

Last edited:
I'm sorry to point this out to you, but you're talking about irony while telling someone that they are believing what they choose to believe about Morrissey. I mean, really. Inconsequential minutiae? LOL Listen, I like you and I don't like her, but she's seeing what she wants to see and you are seeing what you want to see. If she DID somehow prove Morrissey is an atheist, you would take a couple of words in her response and rearrange the letters so they spell, "No actually I am not an atheist. Crystal Geezer is right." Except some of the letters would be missing and we'd have to translate one of the words into Greek and back. Come on. And you're telling people it's ironic that they rely on the evidence that best makes their case while ignoring other evidence. Well, that's certainly ironic.

Why do people bother writing if they don't seek to be understood? ^^^ Postmodern, doublespeak, bullshit.

So he's just wearing the crosses for superficial fashion. Are you familiar with his lyrics? :straightface:

As I pointed out earlier, he does it to mock God and Jesus Christ, not just Christians. He goes the full way. He sold a cross with is name on years ago and at recent concerts a t-shirt saying "Moz is my shepherd" which mocks psalm 23, which is an important one for believing Christians and Jews alike.

You do not do this if you are a believing Christian. A very smart man said recently that satan and the dark angels (I am using this expression intentionally, would normally use the other word for them) also belief in God. Does this tell you something, Chrystal Geezer?

This is why I referred to him as either a back-slidden Catholic or a recovering Catholic ;) He did attend Catholic school as a child and when they started in with the Hell's Fire, Brimstone, and Damnation, it scared the bejeebers out of him!

Which was when? When he met people who are members of OTO, which many Hollywood actors, media people and musicians are members of?

Of course he is not an atheist. He cannot be, because he is followed by a dark shadow, which is first hand experience that there is more than nothing.

Will the rosary, symbolism, incense and so on offer him any protection? As little as it did to the "Priest" whom you could see in movie Constantine with Keanu Reeves. Morrissey is caught in the same bubble as that movie, which fails to mention the right solution.

It is quite interesting that they have made another movie called "Dark Shadow" in the meantime, which misleads people even further, because from what I saw about this movie on the internet, that dark shadow looks nothing like the ones pestering people like Morrissey or Lady Gaga. Could be that they are intentionally mislead so that they are under control. I am fascinated how Brandon Flowers is marching through all of this. Now he is interestingly doing it the other way around. He uses all the wrong symbolism while he firmly believes in God. I'd never use that symbolism either knowing what it is about.

Morrissey used to wear a hearing aid. And he was once photographed drinking Ecover, but he is not a pile of dishes. So a crucifix is not really conclusive of anything.

It seems he does believe in ghosts though.

Personally, I think he is a Rastafarian, though non-practicing.

Back
Top Bottom