What is your favourite topic about Morrissey?

what is your favourite topic about Morrissey?

• Total voters
Moz's favourite books and films from the '60s. :)
I heard of the old classics because of Moz.

I really enjoyed the thread of the old Moz favourites photos that were posted.

I love Kate to pieces (the title track of The Kick Inside is a masterpiece), but I'm not going to open that debate because it's not really relevant. The confusion arises because Morrissey said he hated Kate Bush, yet he loves Kristeen Young - who is basically a diluted copy of her! It doesn't make sense :cool:.

I'd take Kate Bush any day over Kristeen's painful yelping and screeching. Listening to her for a matter of seconds makes me feel murderous.

As mentioned, I can't flipping stand K Bush, but that's because of the timbre of her singing voice. Being a little more objective, she's obviously a great songwriter and an accomplished musician (assuming she writes the music and plays some of the instruments). It's her voice that really grates. Kristeen's voice is different to Bush's even if she bases her style on her, so it's pretty easy to see how someone might not be able to stand K Bush but can quite like Kristeen Young.

I love Kate to pieces (the title track of The Kick Inside is a masterpiece), but I'm not going to open that debate because it's not really relevant. The confusion arises because Morrissey said he hated Kate Bush, yet he loves Kristeen Young - who is basically a diluted copy of her! It doesn't make sense :cool:.

I'd take Kate Bush any day over Kristeen's painful yelping and screeching. Listening to her for a matter of seconds makes me feel murderous.
I also like Kate Bush, but saying that I listened to her new album (something about 50 words for snow) and found it unlistenable. Dull, dull and dull.

can't believe nobody enjoys bitching about MJ. After all, he IS one of the main reasons Marr and His Mozness won't get in the same place together

I GUESS NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT SHIT ANYMORE, MOZZER

can't believe nobody enjoys bitching about MJ. After all, he IS one of the main reasons Marr and His Mozness won't get in the same place together

I GUESS NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT SHIT ANYMORE, MOZZER

It's not really that important. Even in the early 90s, Morrissey and Marr would only discuss the idea of "reforming" as a pair. The others were out of the picture more or less as soon as Johnny left, so the outcome of the court case was irrelevant in that respect anyway.

"I loved and love Johnny Marr, but I feel tremendous indifference towards Bruce and Rick" (1994)

"The Smiths were a beautiful thing and Johnny left it, and Mike has destroyed it" (1997).

i had never listened to kate bush before this thread... i just gave like 3 songs a listen. i do see a resemblance in their voices, but kate is soo much more listenable to me than kristeen young.

anyways, why wasn't his hair the number one choice for this poll?

i had never listened to kate bush before this thread... i just gave like 3 songs a listen. i do see a resemblance in their voices, but kate is soo much more listenable to me than kristeen young.

anyways, why wasn't his hair the number one choice for this poll?

You can vote "other".

Where is HIM who kept ranting about Morrissey's hair?

its true Kristeen Young is much better on CD than live, terrible thing to say, but its true
as for Kate Bush, the best thing about her is other people covering her, like

this

Last edited by a moderator:
this forum needs more threads about morrissey being gay. they are the best threads.

Back
Top Bottom