What song are you listening to right now?

Jeannie C. Riley, Harper Valley PTA. On this sunny day an old woman was playing this in her garden as I walked the dog. I knew it imemdiately. My gran used to sing it all the time. I got home and played my gran's (no longer with us) vinyl which was in very good condition. It's a compilation album and it's been a real treat.
It brought a smile to my face and some wonderful memories too.

manics - faster

Saw them at my local Uni after the release of the first album when they'd said they'd split up if it sold 16 million. It didn't. Obviously.

"For empty souls will stand alone
Shivering like black-eyed dogs
Waiting to be taken home
Where that is they only know"

(know at the end doesn't really make sense, does it?o_O)

Saw them at my local Uni after the release of the first album when they'd said they'd split up if it sold 16 million. It didn't. Obviously.

Waiting to be taken home

Were they good?

Waiting to be taken home

Would have been like this. This is 2 mths previously to my gig. I can't remember much. I would have been drunk and near the front probably.

That looks f***ing amazing.

I was in a Wetherspoon on Charing Cross Road the other week with my older cousin (who was into the Smiths and stuff) and he told me it used to be the Marquee. He saw the Manics there in 91 I think and said it was a really wild gig - probably a bit like the one you posted! I was walking around trying to imagine it. What a twat I am, ha ha..

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom