What song are you listening to right now?

DM fever goes on...

Fad Gadget. Died way before his time from a heart condition. An inspiration to Depeche Mode. DM supported Fad Gadget (Frank John Tovey) back at the start of their career and he supported DM later on for the Exciter tour but died shortly after on the cusp of what probably would have been a career resurgence. Brilliant synth/punk artist. Synthpunk I'm calling it.

phonewifey - overflow (sound a bit like the cure here)

phonewifey - twentieth century boys (and a bit like pulp here)

phonewifey - making me happy (i just love this one. Dior scarf is just the way i r yes sir though i have my own rules as to what counts)

phonewifey - lullabye

phonewifey - adios (and back to his gucci dracula persona though to me he looks more like the people from dark city)

i love this guy so much and adore everything hes ever made. hes so much himself in spite of himself and his efforts to be more of a mainstream figure. hes amazing musically. the vulnerability and dexterity in his lyrics without coming off like hes trying to sound like some college professor of pop. hes so authentic and curmudgeony to that i just wanna excitedly hug him spontaneously at first sight on the street . the annoyance it would cause him would make me smile. i trust people like that or at least trust what theyre saying to me. i feel like he just cant suppresses his emotives and emotions and i love it. he reminds me a bit of suede and brett, not like there music sounds similar or anything, who also seemed to be great at everything involved in being a rock musician/band except when it came to selling it ie making videos talking to the press etc. his best Instagram pic is him making fun of selfie taking people in there bathrooms in his bathroom with his shampoo bottle and then belittling the very few people he has following him for taking the side of the people he was making fun of and missing the joke. long may the purity of Joyceline Campbell last

I don't really know what this song is about, but every time I come back from the league matches of my beloved football club, I play this song 😍 Thank you Moz, thank you Alain
And the songs we sing
They're not supposed to mean a thing
La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

I don't really know what this song is about, but every time I come back from the league matches of my beloved football club, I play this song 😍 Thank you Moz, thank you Alain
And the songs we sing
They're not supposed to mean a thing
La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

Well, it's supposedly about football hooligans & associated mentality (although laced with Moz sarcasm), so it's probably apt listening pre, or post-football matches. Regardless, it's a great song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom