Why can't he find a record deal?

Maybe they offer him shit deals, like he has to perform on bgt or play before donkey shows

I say artistic integrity others say no. Lets say Morrissey is a man without a country.

But seriously, listen to marr's "the messenger" he really does try to fit in with the young indie scene in that album. I don't know why people don't belive that marr bends his music and a bit his artistic view to fit the current music scene

Even during the Smiths era, i used to say that Morrissey always wanted " a way out" of this life in Manchester, whilst marr wanted "a way in" to the glamourus life of an popstar/rockstar

Last edited by a moderator:
They do support the artist more financially in the 360 deal, but they do take a increasing chunk of their cash. I guess its a great deal if you are a megastar whos celebrity status is the main money factor

But you have to be the record companys bitch for the deal's duration

He doesn't have a record deal because he doesn't want to do the things that sell records. While we will be a couple different copies of an album he still doesn't sell much. If he sold as many albums as he did when he made his comeback he'd likely have a deal without a doubt. But he won't promote, won't do interviews on television. Why should they give him money if he won't play ball.

Why is this? He was on Johnathan Ross in 2004 or whatever and did TV interviews for ROTT. What was with the sudden refusal of TV interviews? Copying Bowie? What gives?

Why is this? He was on Johnathan Ross in 2004 or whatever and did TV interviews for ROTT. What was with the sudden refusal of TV interviews? Copying Bowie? What gives?

He's not copying Bowie.

In 2004 Merck was the driving force and he managed to persuade Morrissey to do a lot of promotional duties.
Unfortunately after the departure of Merck, back to the same old vicious circle.

Well, if we assume that he tells the truth about being ill for several years then it doesn't surprise me that he sraps or reduces those activities he doesn't like anyway. I don't think he is copying Bowie.

They do support the artist more financially in the 360 deal, but they do take a increasing chunk of their cash. I guess its a great deal if you are a megastar whos celebrity status is the main money factor

But you have to be the record companys bitch for the deal's duration

The record company might point out, though, that they're traditionally expected to continually fork out large amounts of money promoting an artist, only for merchandisers and concert promoters to swoop in and make large amount of money without having made the same investment in the product they're selling.

He seemed to be more open to giving interviews and doing TV performances even in 2013. What happened? I fear he will become another Bowie, but then again he couldn't live without the attention.

Perhaps there will be a late night show appearance while he's in NYC?

He seemed to be more open to giving interviews and doing TV performances even in 2013. What happened? I fear he will become another Bowie, but then again he couldn't live without the attention.

Perhaps there will be a late night show appearance while he's in NYC?
Maybe he just got tired of it. Tired of explaning himself and his music to a tv audience which the majority of don't know him or care and the rest are just wainting for some lowbrow smutty joke, stricly or made in Chelsea to start.
I think Morrissey hates to explain his art to deaf uncaring ears. If i was an artist i would be pretty fed up with appering on stupid talkshow, which most of the audience don't care of its Morrissey or big bird on stage.
I cringe when i see never mind the buzzcocks.

He will never become like bowie. Bowie is a stuck-up, aristocratic ass. Great music but just so unlovable

I'll give him a record deal. I don't actually have a record label yet, but how hard can it be?

I can easily afford an advance well into three figures.

Hope you're reading this, Moz.

im guessing its somewhat all of these things. with less money in record sales theyre all fighting more for a diminishing financial pie which breeds more conflict which moz is great at exacerbating by being very stubborn on all fronts artistic or other which is of course something that I personally love about the man. hes probably really difficult when it comes to promotion promotion becoming a murkier and more difficult endeavor in general but still of vital importance. as he ages he looses somewhat the natural promotion of his looks and becomes less marketable and when combined with the other issues age brings, having less energy in general, wanting more of your own time devoted to you, talking about subjects that the record buying public cares about, having to cancel shows because of poor health etc he becomes less of a good bet. I mean hes great for drawing attention to your label and adds a bunch of cred but the returns probably not great on record sales. add the struggle of dealing with him and the uncertainty of the music buying market and they just probably say pass

He will never lose the natural promotion that is his looks :brows::blushing:

Did you see him in the kmal vid. phroww..... Only thing good about the vid. Nice piece of Manchester a**

He will never lose the natural promotion that is his looks :brows::blushing:

Did you see him in the kmal vid. phroww..... Only thing good about the vid. Nice piece of Manchester a**

he hasn't aged well at all tho. I love him, but some of his fans are so delusional. Tbh, none of The Smiths has aged well in my opinion :(

he hasn't aged well at all tho. I love him, but some of his fans are so delusional. Tbh, none of The Smiths has aged well in my opinion :(

You can't compare morrissey now and 80s morrissey. Morrissey in the 80s was so beautiful that he brought tears to my eyes, it is actually hard too look at his pictures from the 80s, he was that beautiful. One of the most beautiful men that ever existed. That a big statment from me, i have never though anyone was attractive besides morrissey. Im sort of desensitized to beauty, i can't find people attractive, its very odd that i find him attractive . Yes i joke about finding others, like graham coxon attractive, but it truly is just morrissey that i find beautiful.
Morrissey now still beats 99% of both Young and old men

Still could never be in a relationship with him. He would have driven me crazy
Plus im not good enough :tears:
I rather keep my beautiful illusion of him!

It really strange. I have found myself sobbing whilst watching pictures of him. He is not from this world :love: i would give everything i owed just to be able to meet him again. It all becomes so difficult once you become famous. He is only human and all i want is to speak with him. Its not that hard in real life. But then again, he's not like anyone else. I'm a junkie looking for a morrissey fix

Sorry for going off topic, but i get lost in my mind sometimes.

I still say when he lets his hair go white-grey it adds ten years to his age.

Hell, even if he just died his eyebrows it would take a couple years off.

When he had the dark brown-black (dyed) hair in the early 2000s with the long sideburns he looked great. He looked like he was in his late 30s when he had already passed 40. But now with the whiteish hair I just find it ages him ridiculously. Even the fact that on stage when white hair catches the light it often looks wispy and thin whereas hair with colour just looks fuller and healthier.

Anyway, I'm not saying he'd get a record deal if he died his hair but I do think it's relevant to his lack of appearances on TV etc. He doesn't seem to like being photographed or anything much these days and uses a lot of old photos, so he can't be totally happy with his appearance (not that he looks bad because he doesn't, but he does look undeniably old and that isn't ideally marketable).

When he had the dark brown-black (dyed) hair in the early 2000s with the long sideburns he looked great. He looked like he was in his late 30s when he had already passed 40. But now with the whiteish hair I just find it ages him ridiculously. Even the fact that on stage when white hair catches the light it often looks wispy and thin whereas hair with colour just looks fuller and healthier.

Anyway, I'm not saying he'd get a record deal if he died his hair but I do think it's relevant to his lack of appearances on TV etc. He doesn't seem to like being photographed or anything much these days and uses a lot of old photos, so he can't be totally happy with his appearance (not that he looks bad because he doesn't, but he does look undeniably old and that isn't ideally marketable).

Ageing is not for sissies. Morrissey has always sort of been a sissy

Morrissey has always had problems with his looks, even when he was young. It rattles my brain, cause i always found him to be a stunner. Cute nose, blue beady eyes, a light quiff, slender fingers, a skinny frame and lips that looks like the have been drawn on, with a thin pencil onto his beautiful face.

yeah, you can tell he is not happy with the way he looks now. I feel like even the way he dresses on stage is a reflection of that :(

Back
Top Bottom