"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK (May 13)

wpinoyb_single.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link to the song download (May 13) on Amazon UK:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business - Amazon UK
Morrissey
13 May 2014

Label: Virgin EMI
Copyright: (C) 2014 Morrissey, Under Exclusive License To Harvest Records
Total Length: 4:32
Genres: Indie & Alternative
ASIN: B00K9M1A8K

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

The dog's coat is more glossy now. LOL.

Yes, there's been some shopping going on, I put the two next to each other...

GmLqrV4.jpg

Forehead lines gone, forearm smoothed, face thinned, t-shirt belly-crease gone, hair sculpted...

P.

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

So yes as an Album but not as a single.....

Cheers Moz

I am sorry. I was thinking we were talking about the album, not the single. I don't know if there's going to a physical version or not.

Love the cover!

I usually don't download. Can you buy downloads from Amazon UK when you live in the States? I still hope for physical formats.

It sounds like the days of physical releases are over for the singles, with three 'A sides' downloads in three weeks, and seemingly no B Sides. I suppose it will save Morrissey burning through a lot of songs if he oes down that route - he'll be able to delver the second album of his two album deal in a few months and move on. Heck - maybe they recorded enough for two albums already?

I mean that is pretty much the case for the entire industry. In fact outside of some of the Bowie singles I can't name too many new records with physical singles. Though perhaps what used to be b-sides will be used instead for pre-order bonuses?

GmLqrV4.jpg

Forehead lines gone, forearm smoothed, face thinned, t-shirt belly-crease gone, hair sculpted...

P.

Photoshopping is none of your business!

I usually don't download. Can you buy downloads from Amazon UK when you live in the States? I still hope for physical formats.

No. You can't.

I usually pay a UK pal to buy the single and then e-mail it to me...

I'm not too crazy about the Photoshop hokum, but I will say it's a hark back to his playful singles covers like "Famous International Playboys," "Sunny" and "At KROQ."
I'd say it's even closer to a promo cover, than a proper release to the buying public.

Let's all just be happy it's not not another "First of the Gang to Die," which was clearly the most horrible of all time (and that's saying something considering "Maladjusted" was birthed into the world.

Good observations. This is a great cover, even with the photoshopping. The "At KROQ" cover may just be my favorite of all of Morrissey's covers (including albums.) The album covers of "My Early Burglarly Years" and "Kill Uncle" are splendid as well. "Kill Uncle" is so unique.

I agree, the cover of "First of the Gang to Die" was terrible.

GmLqrV4.jpg

P.

What stores in France did Morrissey and the dog go shopping at?

I think Morrissey is holding the world's largest ballpoint pen in the picture. I guess that's what that thing is.

I think Morrissey is holding the world's largest ballpoint pen in the picture. I guess that's what that thing is.

It looks like the pen has been increased in size as well...as according to it's contract.

His pants are a darker shade if blue as well.

It looks like the pen has been increased in size as well...as according to it's contract.

:lbf: Lol.

The worst bit of Photoshopping is the ground in the bottom left, they've just cloned the whole section and repeated it, thats very shabby, and as a Photoshop Diva myself, they really need to sort that out before releasing it, its not to a professional standard :O One possibility is that it was a massive pile of dog logs and they cloned it out but missed the one Moz is holding, fetch!

"This album will be available on 13 May 2014"

Sadly I highly doubt it.

I mean its not like Amazon is ever wrong about release dates.

They've Photoshopped some hair around the parting. Weird.

why is this a suprised he has been photoshopped?? he is always airbrushed. The promo photo for aus has been touched up too..thats what happens.

Hope it's released through iTunes as well as Amazon. Also, I don't know why people are getting so het up about the Photoshop, it's a single cover- no doubt he's been doing it for years. Lighten up. :p

I think it's a Mont Blanc pen. The joke would appear to be that the dog has chewed hundreds of pounds worth of quill and ink which Morrissey used to write the lyrics with, hence his expression and the dog's "let me play with it again!" look:

http://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/flash/default.aspx/#/collections/writing-instruments/meisterstck

The photoshop stuff is bizarre and disappointing as a response to the ageing process. Even weirder is why the original of this was released on TTY only for a ludicrous photoshop montage to turn up later. Is anyone in charge of his image or is it just made up on the spot? The image and 'dog eats investment quality fountain pen' joke is quite funny, or it was when it first appeared on TTY.

What is Moz holding? It doesn't look like a dog treat. I'm more curious about that than any photo-shopping.

Will there be any b-sides to download? I'm happy to download all the new releases, but if I'm going to get the song on the album anyway, then why download the single on the release date unless there are b-sides? I'm too logical I suppose.

Downloads don't have B sides as such, but I expect there'll be a live version of "Kid's A Looker" on offer or something. If his income stream manager is even slightly smart, it will be a live version of an old demo wiht a slightly different 'radio' mix to the album edit, or fade out 20 seconds earlier, thus triggering the completist OCD urge to purchase twice.

Back
Top Bottom