Your 10 least favourite Morrissey tracks

Oh boy... This is going to be really hard. I don't think I'll have very many. But I'm still on the Morrissey journey, so many songs I have not heard:

1. Let the Right One Slip In

Uhhh. That's it for now. I always skip this song, I just don't like it.

I've been getting sick of hearing Everyday is like Sunday too, but it's still a good song. Just listened to it too much when I first discovered him and he just has so many better songs.

Ya'll saying Oh Phoney is on your list of bad songs Im like "WHAT," that's one of my favorites of his. His vocals are lovely and it's short and sweet. Sometimes I will play it twice in a row. It's so fun to sing out loudly in the car. ♥️

Oh boy... This is going to be really hard. I don't think I'll have very many. But I'm still on the Morrissey journey, so many songs I have not heard:

1. Let the Right One Slip In

Uhhh. That's it for now. I always skip this song, I just don't like it.
Even the Woah Ohos at the end?
Certainly not the best song, although a decent header for your tinder profile.

If they know, they know.

Still bouncing around pre-Your Arsenal. Still enjoying Kill Uncle too much. I'm not any further than before. I'm just having a quaint lil swim around.
It’s great that you’re taking your time. You have two absolutely stellar albums coming up next. Especially Vauxhall, if you ask me.

Still bouncing around pre-Your Arsenal. Still enjoying Kill Uncle too much. I'm not any further than before. I'm just having a quaint lil swim around.
I have always quite liked Kill Uncle. Issues with the production maybe. Some great tracks on there - Our Frank, Mute Witness, King Leer, There's A Place. I also like Harsh Truth, although I couldn't help noticing that it came up in several people's least favorite list. There's a pain to the lyrics of that song that is quite raw. I love the way he sings -
This photographer
He must have really had it in for ya

I have always quite liked Kill Uncle. Issues with the production maybe. Some great tracks on there - Our Frank, Mute Witness, King Leer, There's A Place. I also like Harsh Truth, although I couldn't help noticing that it came up in several people's least favorite list. There's a pain to the lyrics of that song that is quite raw. I love the way he sings -
This photographer
I'm with you on this, never understood all the dislike for this song. I really like 'The Harsh Truth...' and I think Moz too. He did include it in the 'This is Morrissey' compilation after all! 👍

His best album is next.
I wish I could erase it from my mind and listen to it for the first time again.
Forget Malarkey v Gash, the real contest is Arsenal v Vauxhall. Now there's an epic battle. I love both. Both albums hard to beat and the best of his career. I think if I was forced to choose it would probably be Arsenal, just, but not an easy decision.

I have love-hate thing with "Kerouac's crack", "Notre dame" and "sure enough the telephone rings". I think they sound good, but let down by the lyrics. Also, I sometimes skip "Sweetie Pie". I have to be really in the mood for it. His cover of "Drive-in Saturday" lacks excitement to me.

This photographer
I noticed people don't like the slower, sadder songs, judging by that list. But there are a lot of songs I also have never heard yet. They have their place. Sometimes I want to hear sad music and upbeat. Some days I'm feeling very Maudlin and sometimes very Place In Hell.

I love Harsh Truth. "I would sooner be just BLINDLY loved."

End of the Family Line is the one of his saddest songs to me though. Especially at his age now. It's so damn sad. Makes me want to hug him and rub his back. 💔

The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye
The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel
He Cried
The Operation
Journalists Who Lie
The Public Image
This Is Not Your Country
Tony The Pony
Smiler With Knife
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

Do you even like Morrissey?

Our frank
Asian rut
My love life
You're the one for me, Fatty
Whatever happens I love you
Have a go merchant
Ambitious outsiders
The youngest was the most loved
I just want to see the boy happy
All the young people must fall in love
Who will protect us from the police
Love is on its way out

Sorry, they are 12

zzzzzzz

If you don't like any of the songs on this list we can only assume you must be into Coldplay, Keane and Kaiser Chiefs ...... do not deny it

I noticed people don't like the slower, sadder songs, judging by that list. But there are a lot of songs I also have never heard yet. They have their place. Sometimes I want to hear sad music and upbeat. Some days I'm feeling very Maudlin and sometimes very Place In Hell.

End of the Family Line is the one of his saddest songs to me though. Especially at his age now. It's so damn sad. Makes me want to hug him and rub his back. 💔
Interesting. I sometimes save the slower/sadder songs for when I'm anxious and really need them.

Those lyrics always interested me.

“no baby pulled screaming out into this seething whirl by chance or whim or even love.”

Implying loving another would be the least likely cause of bringing children into the world.

“our family tree hacked into decline”

The language throughout is so deliberate, he chooses his words very carefully.

I listened to the full-length version of "Moonriver" for the first time in about 20 years on Friday. I hope I never make that mistake again.

I love the line - until I arrive...with incredible style.
There is deadpan humour in that song too.
But the family name will live on in his music. Don't feel too sad.

I love the line - until I arrive...with incredible style.
There is deadpan humour in that song too.
But the family name will live on in his music. Don't feel too sad.
You're right.. his children are all the lovely things he wrote and sang to the world. They will live on beyond any human child would. Thank you for the new perspective. ♥️

Back
Top Bottom