Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

A custom shirt from eBay: I had the seller put "MORRISSEY" on the back, with some lyrics from Honey You Know Where To Find Me.

It's my first Moz shirt that will actually fit me properly!

Thanks, Stoned! I'd only read about it on PJLM before - never actually seen one until I bought this one. All the longboxes are lovely in my opinion, though. :)

That Australian Suedehead looks lovely! You know my affection for those Aussie EMI sleeves... ;)

I didn't realise there was a difference in the tint of the Double Dose and Super Twins CD covers, either. Good to know!

A couple of new bits:

bwttcd_ask95cs.jpg

and a full set of "A chance to shine" fanzines, to fill a few gaps in my existing collection, and then some.

chancetoshine.jpg

hi , just spotted these :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140786535450?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140786535532?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

would love to buy but delivery is far to much

chris

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I doubt if this German sticker has been very successful for the promotion of Morrissey's first solo LP as an "ex-smith"....

Take care, Marcel

Attachments

• P1080841_small.jpg
    P1080841_small.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I saw those, thank you Chris! Wish me luck, huh? ;)

Hi DPM,

I would love to see your collection, you have stuff I can only dream of owning. I am very jealous :p
Seconded! I love looking at photos of people's collections. :)

Latests buys:

ltb2cd_rottjp.jpg

Louder than bombs - Australian 2-CD
Ringleader of the tormentors - Japanese CD (standard edition)

cassettes_030712.jpg

The Queen is dead - UK cassette in biscuit-coloured case
Strangeways, here we come - Philippines cassette
Suedehead - UK mispressed cassette single

And Morrissey's New York Dolls book - the original 1st edition I'd been holding out for. :love:
nydollsbook.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
William, It Was Really Nothing - German promo 7" (compared to Rough Trade UK original release, Rhino re-release and Italian release)

The Queen Is Dead - French cassette

Rank - Philippines cassette

Arrived just yesterday: 'Ask' and 'Girlfriend in a coma' Italian 7" promos in their original wrap-around picture sleeves, thanks to blameless. :)

italian7promos.jpg

Wow, I'm impressed... in all my years of collecting, I've never seen the "Ask" picture sleeve, and "Girlfriend In A Coma" once only. These are both extremely rare in this original packaging.

Stephane

Stephane and Aly,

Those are official promo releases? They look so bootleg/unofficial. Just want to know if I have more things to add to my list of things to look out for. Thanks.

Jeff

Wow, I'm impressed... in all my years of collecting, I've never seen the "Ask" picture sleeve, and "Girlfriend In A Coma" once only. These are both extremely rare in this original packaging.

Stephane

Up to now I had never seen a Portugal Bona Drag cassette....I bought this sealed copy a few weeks ago on eBay.

Take care, Marcel

Attachments

• P1080837_small.jpg
    P1080837_small.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P1080838_small.jpg
    P1080838_small.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 12
Stephane and Aly,

Those are official promo releases? They look so bootleg/unofficial. Just want to know if I have more things to add to my list of things to look out for. Thanks.

Jeff
They do look a bit bootleggy, but I'm almost positive they're official. The records beneath the sleeves are, anyway. I think the Smiths' label in Italy had some rather strange ideas about packaging, to be honest - I've got an Italian cassette of the debut album and it has a very 80s-style, sort-of bootleg-style design too.

Up to now I had never seen a Portugal Bona Drag cassette....I bought this sealed copy a few weeks ago on eBay.
Nice find, Marcel! I never knew there was a Portuguese release either.

Ah, you beat me to it! :D Could've indulged in a bit of shameless self-promotion there... (I run the site) ;)

Finally in my greedy little hands, the Vauxhall and I Brazilian LP (right, compared to the UK LP):

vauxhall_uk_brazil.jpg

Aside from having a noticeably darker tint, the Brazilian version differs in that the picture inside the gatefold sleeve is facing the other way around (head-end on the inside of the front cover, rather than the back).

They do look a bit bootleggy, but I'm almost positive they're official. The records beneath the sleeves are, anyway. I think the Smiths' label in Italy had some rather strange ideas about packaging, to be honest - I've got an Italian cassette of the debut album and it has a very 80s-style, sort-of bootleg-style design too.

Nice find, Marcel! I never knew there was a Portuguese release either.

Ah, you beat me to it! :D Could've indulged in a bit of shameless self-promotion there... (I run the site) ;)

Finally in my greedy little hands, the Vauxhall and I Brazilian LP (right, compared to the UK LP):

vauxhall_uk_brazil.jpg

Aside from having a noticeably darker tint, the Brazilian version differs in that the picture inside the gatefold sleeve is facing the other way around (head-end on the inside of the front cover, rather than the back).

Beautiful!!
I'm still having a hard time looking for a UK press.
Great pictures!

Stephane and Aly,

Jeff

They must be the two Jukebox "promos", as Stephane says, these must be extremely rare to find with those sleeves. Great items, I too would have snapped them up if I had known these were available when I dealt with the very cordial and trustworthy blameless, in recent times. Incidentally (blameless), I still didn't receive any list of items you have available for sale. Have you not had the time to compile this info (or do you even remember our previous transactions and correspondence)? Please let me know, in due course. Thanks!

Well done Aly : those 2 italian 7" look just stunning. Top Job! By the way, I used to listen to Network 105 a lot back than...not anymore as they play the same moder rubbish on a daily basis...
Cheers Moz

Last edited:
Beautiful!!
I'm still having a hard time looking for a UK press.
Great pictures!
If you're in the market to buy one right now, there's a copy on eBay at the moment - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140797019849?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I'm not the one selling it of course, but I tend to save items like these to a special reference list while the auctions are active, for anybody who happens to be looking for one at the time. :)

Well done Aly : those 2 italian 7" look just stunning. Top Job! By the way, I used to listen to Network 105 a lot back than...not anymore as they play the same moder rubbish on a daily basis...
Cheers Moz
Thanks, Stoned! I'm really pleased with them too - beautiful condition as well. I don't know anything about Network 105, but if it's gone downhill in the same manner as most radio stations here have, I sympathise!

Latest buys...

shoplifters12_pinkmarble.jpg

earlscourtjpcd_maladjustedpromotape.jpg

^ Thanks again to blameless. :)

best1cs_au_germany.jpg

Best...I - Australian cassette (left; compared to the German edition)

whatdiff7aupromo_ourfrank7au.jpg

What difference does it make? - Australian 7" promo
Our Frank - Australian 7" in EMI sleeve

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom