Your weird event of the day thread

A

Anonymous

We all have them, those events in our lives that come out of the blue. You're getting on with your every day business and BANG someone or something comes in the way or something just happens that leaves you wondering for ages what the hell was that.

Today in a food store a male employee verbally attacked me and almost used violence just because I asked him when a certain item will be in store again. Shocked customers looked on as this happened by the checkout and somehow I was able to puncture every statement he made which only drove him more mad to the point he was out of breath and had to start breathing deep to calm himself down.

In the end he opted to open another checkout line by which point he probably was worried that the on lookers were filming him. The whole thing was reported to the security department for review and this is not the first time this young man completely lost it in the store.

Both times it was days after Trump had election success, 2016 and today. He accused me of wearing sunglasses even at winter and told me to grow up despite being twice his age and him acting like he did which in the end made me and probably others around me laugh.

I actually fear for this mans health and worry about him and hope that he will end up having anger management therapy. He told me he's a civil engineer when I asked him if he is a doctor but people with that education are usually not stocking shelves in a food store when the job market is screaming for people with that education.

Pathological liar with aggression issues brought on by ill health or brain damage?

perhaps he actually is a civil engineer and is acting that way because he's at breaking point with rude customers assuming that he's stupid or unqualified because he's stocking shelves. you have no business presuming or speculating about his level of ability based on his current job.

perhaps he actually is a civil engineer and is acting that way because he's at breaking point with rude customers assuming that he's stupid or unqualified because he's stocking shelves. you have no business presuming or speculating about his level of ability based on his current job.

Of course... this in no way excuses his rude and hostile behavior.

The store manager from two years ago told me that he had several meetings with him and that there was some issue with him and I'm just worried about him cause this week more than ever I know that things can tip someone over which may end in disaster.
I wish I had been rude or even said something that would have excused him to have such a reaction and he just came from a chat with a customer that was his friend and was in top mood and I guess his young female colleague who called him when I had a question was shocked as well at what happened so I feel sorry for her too.
Two years ago the store manager made it clear that he was only hired as some kind of extra and that he had some issue so the education part is out of the question but because he mentioned something he knew nothing about he had to pretend he had a great education although it did not have anything to do with what we were talking about.
I will make sure the ones in charge will handle him with cotton gloves and give him the support he needs and who knows one day I might visit him and give him a hug. He's a handsome man as well but no Neil.

He seemed very politically charged like many of his generation and last time he blew his top in front of me Trump had just won the election. The store manager back then sort of admitted that this employee was heavily involved in politics but that the company does not bother about what people do in their free time.
I asked him if he was ok and if something was bothering him and he shouted at the top of his lungs that his life is great and that he is fine which sounded more like he tried to convince himself and not me and the ones around us.
I am actually really worried about him now.

Why do you always get so mad and choose to attack people over things before you have the whole picture before you?
Have you felt like you are under attack a lot in your life?
You don't have to defend him you know and it is more like me and others have to defend him against himself.

but look how the anon (urbanus?) talks about goading him on and laughing at him. I don't think that's appropriate either. bear in mind, the customers can leave. the employee has to stay there. my suggestion to the anon would have been to just leave rather than taunting him and then making ignorant philistines assumptions about his life. of course, neither of us knows how it really played out.

but look how the anon (urbanus?) talks about goading him on and laughing at him. I don't think that's appropriate either. bear in mind, the customers can leave. the employee has to stay there. my suggestion to the anon would have been to just leave rather than taunting him and then making ignorant philistines assumptions about his life. of course, neither of us knows how it really played out.

Do we even know Urbanus posted that?:D

We laughed at his behaviour that was so out of control and no one was goading him as I tried desperately to make him calm down.
You just want to point the finger as always instead of interacting in a civil and reasoned debate about something that happened.
It happend just as I explained and no one is out to get him quite the opposite. Maybe it happened for a reason so he can get the help I suspect he needs.

The store manager from two years ago told me that he had several meetings with him and that there was some issue with him and I'm just worried about him cause this week more than ever I know that things can tip someone over which may end in disaster.
I wish I had been rude or even said something that would have excused him to have such a reaction and he just came from a chat with a customer that was his friend and was in top mood and I guess his young female colleague who called him when I had a question was shocked as well at what happened so I feel sorry for her too.
Two years ago the store manager made it clear that he was only hired as some kind of extra and that he had some issue so the education part is out of the question but because he mentioned something he knew nothing about he had to pretend he had a great education although it did not have anything to do with what we were talking about.
I will make sure the ones in charge will handle him with cotton gloves and give him the support he needs and who knows one day I might visit him and give him a hug. He's a handsome man as well but no Neil.
well that seals it. Im always on the side of the handsome ones. sorry.

Check out the Post whatever thread for clues as to why I am worried about the boy. We need to care more about each other in a time with so much hate that eventually triggers someone and results in someone innocent becoming the victim or receiver of something that had nothing to do with them.

We laughed at his behaviour that was so out of control and no one was goading him as I tried desperately to make him calm down.
You just want to point the finger as always instead of interacting in a civil and reasoned debate about something that happened.
It happend just as I explained and no one is out to get him quite the opposite. Maybe it happened for a reason so he can get the help I suspect he needs.
I would've thought your dad offing himself would've been the weird even of your day.

well that seals it. Im always on the side of the handsome ones. sorry.
Not about sides here and if anything I am on his side and no one reacts like that over nothing if they are ok.

peace and quiet all day has been the weird event of my day. im now waiting with dread for the noise to start. but hours of silence has been soooo nice and muchly appreciated. I watched a movie--death in venice--without being jolted constantly by loud bangs and even got some writing done.

I would've thought your dad offing himself would've been the weird even of your day.
It happened on Monday afternoon and I went to see him in the local hospital and then the day after in Uppsala. They transported him in an ambulance there and not the helicopter but he's right under the helipad now.

I know what I've done means I deserve this kind of karma. The guy who helped him out was a carpenter so that made me think of Jesus.

It's not sunk in quite yet and perhaps it never will.

peace and quiet all day has been the weird event of my day. im now waiting with dread for the noise to start. but hours of silence has been soooo nice and muchly appreciated. I watched a movie--death in venice--without being jolted constantly by loud bangs and even got some writing done.
I feel for you and everyone deserves peace and quiet in their home.

Today the female store manager called me about her employee who verbally attacked me in the store for no reason. As expected she was sad and wanted to apologise but I told her this was not her fault and that I only care about the young man especially after the events of last week.

She knew that the former store manager had words with this particular young man 2 years ago over his behaviour and she already had a meeting with him but was going to have another one. We both shared the feeling that the reaction was not in any way normal and must have been brought on by something else.

Being this great private eye online the night before I found the young man in question and his blog and insta where he even jokes that he will probably give himself a heart attack at a young age cause of his hectic lifestyle.

He studies and works a lot of hours plus is involved in a very demanding sport so all the answers were there and he is setting himself up for disaster by not getting enough rest. I assume the pressure he is under plus the little rest he gets is the reason behind his outbursts.

The store manager and me had a very nice discussion where we both voiced our concern about the young man and his health. She told me she could not go into some of the details she already had and I told her there is no need for me to know more, I already did, and that she should apply some employee care and she agreed.

The insight into a man of 23 and his hectic lifestyle was almost scary and he obviously has high demands on himself or perhaps it comes from other people. I suspect there is no dad involved and that he either left him and the mother or died. He is single by all accounts cause no one would be able to keep up with his pace or have a place in his life at all.

I'd never want to be young again and especially not these days. Having said ambition is to be admired but when it affects your well being and means you lose control over yourself those warning signs should tell anyone that it is time to plan life better and leave more place for recuperation.

I wish the young man all the best and with 3 stores from the same chain I'll choose to visit the other two and especially the latest one which is close by. I really hope he will not lose his job over this.

I don't know what it is with gingers but I've never met one with a soul so that saying about them seems true. Today this weekend nurse who was ginger and had powder on her face like some actress from a very old play was working despite having a cold and sneezing all over the place. Felt like using alcohol on your hands was useless with someone allowed to work with a cold when that can kill anyone off being treated there.

She did not say hello but at least shook our hand in the end which felt like a dead fish. No social skills whatsoever she sat yawning by the computer all the time. Thank god for the male nurse in his 20's who was amazing to deal with and able to break the bad news to us in a way that makes it easier somehow.

There is one thing to be insecure but having a huge chip on your shoulder in that kind of environment is just wrong on all levels. I was prepared since it was Sunday and the regular staff is not there and sometimes life just confirms that some stereotypes are completely correct.

I just wonder what is eating these redheads, male and female?

Makes sense they carry royal blood so perhaps that royal trait of being arseholes can be traced to the haircolour, seems very likely anyway. The irony of redhead royals shooting foxes and perhaps in all that lies a key or clue of sorts?

When we arrived to the big parking garage in Uppsala by the many hospital buildings one woman in a smaller car was blocking the entrance swinging her head from side to side clearly new to the place not knowing where or how to park. As I stood by the parking ticket machine she parked her car nearby and jumped out asking me if I knew how to get to the maternity ward. Hang on baby I said it takes 9 months after intercourse.

No, I didn't but thought it and told her to wait so I could show her the way after placing my ticket in the car window. Me and Pernilla waited for her and this woman turned out to be a reporter and she took her big professional camera out of the trunk and came running all smiles.

We agreed that the area where there is a lot of building work going on could do with more information signs. She told us she was taking pictures of some people at the maternity ward for an article and once we left the garage we found a information sign telling her where to go. As we chatted a bit I told her we were there to see my dad as I was more used to the area than her cause of it and she seemed shocked when I said he will not make it.

We finally parted and she headed off to where life begins and we headed off to where life ends and for a moment it felt completely natural and as it should be like poetry when no words are needed.

Back
Top Bottom