​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

30 July 2014

​B​radley Steyn

I cannot admit to actually "knowing" Bradley Steyn. Yes, I am aware that he is South African and that he lives in Los Angeles, and that he has "walked off" three Morrissey tours - which really is his own business, not mine. My personal involvement with him has been zero, and he has certainly never been Head Of Security on any Morrissey tour.
I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie.
It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me. This is a general truth that most people accept about SoLow. It is nothing new, and I have long since learned to accept it.
The very idea that I would ask a complete stranger (Bradley Steyn) to physically attack David Tseng surely cannot register with any sane person as being likely. As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with.
The shabby truth of this drama is that Bradley Steyn has been trying to extract money from what he terms "the Morrissey tour", and he has failed. He is now desperate, and this story is his latest escapade to gain someone's attention. What he is telling the world is that, as a music venue security officer, anyone who works with him in the future should expect the same harassment and persecution as he is now - mysteriously - wielding my way. It is beyond belief, and it is shocking that someone who makes claims of professionalism would lower himself to this level.
Please note that Bradley Steyn's statement is now in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department, and is subject to both criminal and civil action.

MORRISSEY
​30 July 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume Morrissey is referring to the front page content which is controlled by DavidT and his moderators. Not only do they alone select what makes the front page they also (too often) deliver the news with a barbed spin, UncleSkinny is the worst for this, he can't just say, here is the news instead he has to scoff or whine or pose as he delivers the news. When the comments aren't attached directly to the news stories themselves one of the first comment in the comment section is inevitably from one of the moderators and is consistently negative and often completely uncalled for. Then the four mental patients are allowed to disproportionately pollute the forum over and over again with immunity.
The story of this site and its relationship with Morrissey is the story of a spurred superfan and some yes men. David feels entitled to some kind of relationship because he is webmaster for a fan site. When the attention didn't meet expectation David got stroppy and hid his spite and hurt behind freedom of speech. However the mask slipped when he offered to change the site if Morrissey paid him some hard cash. The truth is that there is a negative shared view of Morrissey held by the owner and by the vast majority of moderators, that view (their truth) is subtly promoted on this site. It would be unrealistic to suggest otherwise, its only natural but they can't admit it for some reason. DavidT is banned from the concerts which is frankly very funny, the chief moderator gets himself banned, its poetic justice and its well deserved. The idea that Morrissey wants him killed is clearly rubbish, Morrissey is not a mobster and real life isn't a film. Morrissey may be many things......

I assume Morrissey is referring to the front page content which is controlled by DavidT and his moderators. Not only do they alone select what makes the front page they also (too often) deliver the news with a barbed spin, UncleSkinny is the worst for this, he can't just say, here is the news instead he has to scoff or whine or pose as he delivers the news. When the comments aren't attached directly to the news stories themselves one of the first comment in the comment section is inevitably from one of the moderators and is consistently negative and often completely uncalled for. Then the four mental patients are allowed to disproportionately pollute the forum over and over again with immunity.
The story of this site and its relationship with Morrissey is the story of a spurred superfan and some yes men. David feels entitled to some kind of relationship because he is webmaster for a fan site. When the attention didn't meet expectation David got stroppy and hid his spite and hurt behind freedom of speech. However the mask slipped when he offered to change the site if Morrissey paid him some hard cash. The truth is that there is a negative shared view of Morrissey held by the owner and by the vast majority of moderators, that view (their truth) is subtly promoted on this site. It would be unrealistic to suggest otherwise, its only natural but they can't admit it for some reason. DavidT is banned from the concerts which is frankly very funny, the chief moderator gets himself banned, its poetic justice and its well deserved. The idea that Morrissey wants him killed is clearly rubbish, Morrissey is not a mobster and real life isn't a film. Morrissey may be many things......

There may be some truth here......whatever the truth is, it is apparent that Morrissey doesn't care for this site. I didn't know that.

If this David T. is a fan he should clean it up....or shut it down. If what you say is true.....that won't happen.

There may be some truth here......whatever the truth is, it is apparent that Morrissey doesn't care for this site. I didn't know that.

If this David T. is a fan he should clean it up....or shut it down. If what you say is true.....that won't happen.

He should clean it up but he won't, even though it would be simple. Its been going on for years and it is born from a twisted rotten love.

He should clean it up but he won't, even though it would be simple. Its been going on for years and it is born from a twisted rotten love.

Have you ever been to other users forums such as Guardian, NME, etc?
These forums have the exactly the same principles as here, some people praise Morrissey and some don't.

You don't have any experience of running an internet message boards, just come here to bring negativity.
You are given a platform to express your opinion. However, you never show your gratitude, always complaining.

I can't recall the last time I or anyone else deleted comment here. I really can't.

P.

What a f***ing lie. On threads you create, my posts are deleted if they mock your thread topic. In fact, the only time my anon comments don't show is in your threads.

F.

These forums have the exactly the same principles as here, some people praise Morrissey and some don't.

You don't have any experience of running an internet message boards, just come here to bring negativity.
You are given a platform to express your opinion. However, you never show your gratitude, always complaining.

The Guardian and NME aren't fan sites devoted to one particular artist, Kewpie. Therein lies the difference.

He only seems happy and alive when he's at war with everyone.....He thrives on argument and seeks conflict wherever he goes. This same pattern has been going on for how long? Doesn't he ever move on from this station of life or is it pure marketing, the artist Morrissey? Is that really a balanced type of person you'd be friends with..I'm trying to stay away from these type of people to be honest..Regardless if it's true or not

again its not about content or whether people are for or against but rather how they express. its about how they exchange the ideas not what the ideas are. name calling is always just childish and unproductive to either persons expression of there idea/thoughts and if they cared about expressing the idea then they wouldnt do that. the name calling is the end goal in these cases. he has a real opportunity to turn a corner as this place will get more attention here now and in the next few days. itd be a shame if it came off as morrissey describes it in the press as it could be an even cooler place to hang out than it already is.

The people who comment on this site, "pro" Morrissey or non, are INSANE. I can't help but to read them out of morbid curiosity. But seriously, this place is a mental institution.

Uncle Skinny is such a sycophant. He fawns all over his puppet master, David Tseng, all because he is so very, very grateful for David giving him the job of milk monitor on this site. Peter Finan was a nobody before he became Uncle Skinny, and the power he has on this site makes him feel good. It makes him feel important. Being a milk monitor on here is the most important thing in Peter's pitiful life; hence the reason he has stated in this thread, that even if Morrissey asked him to his face to stop, he wouldn't. Is that what being a Morrissey fan is all about? How have people like Peter lost such sight as to why they came here in the first place? This place really is SoLow.

"I'm Not A Fan"

Finan
Power fest
Moderator vest
Lazy eye
Puppet boy
Warring cave man
Well if this is what it takes to describe...
I'm not a fan

Squealer, dreamer
Star Wars lover
Phoney
Tsengaroni
A-ho but lonely
Well if this is what it takes to describe...
I'm not a fan
I'm not a fan
I'm something much bigger and better than
A fan

The difference between those forums and this one is....this is supposedly is a dedicated fan site for Morrissey.

It's turned into a trolling hell hole for mental midgets.

Again, I don't mean everyone. But what is the point of letting all of these bastards spew their bile? I say get them off or shut it down.....who needs their crap?

Of course I have visited other sites although not the ones you mentioned......why ever would i?

Other fan sites don't allow trolls (everyone knows who I mean) and the owner/moderators don't moan and whine about the person they apparently support. This place stands alone for that kind of mental illness.

Last edited:

This statement is spot on. I don't begrudge any of the cast of characters their feelings on or about Morrissey, but their utter lack of honesty or self-awareness (take your pick) regarding their motivation and behavior is simply rebuffing the obvious. The pattern is clear.

Most people can't stand this site. Lots just pop on when a news item breaks to see if any gossip appears.
The people defending a site are just the hardcore Wank. Why would morrissey like it? this site has posted abuse about morrisseys family and friends. I think moz is correct in not letting david in to concerts.
Personally I'd beat the shit of a number of people who come on here. In fact next concert in London some will be getting slap.
There is a false notion that thus site keeps morrissey famous and he owes the fans on here something. It's bullshite. Just like this fake ass TMZ stoey

Have any of you people ever read the comments on Youtube? How long has someone like Google been trying to cope with comment contents. It's not "simple", at least when you're dealing with the volume of posts this site tends to get. How are those TTY forums going? Oh yeah, they're shut down and no one goes there for anything except to read the "release" they've read about on MS.

From what I know, David wants folks to say what's on their mind. Sometimes they argue with each other. Occasionally they take it to far and get temp bans or their comments moved to a catch-all forum. That's what MS is. That's how it's run. Some people aren't comfortable with that. They leave. There are other places with more moderation that they tend to end up. However, if you were looking for information on todays activities you wouldn't find much in those places. There's one post with no responses as of now at the main one (All Need Is Morrissey, which is run by very nice folks btw).

As for Morrissey's statement, it seems to capture all sides of the man very nicely. He tells us how he can not spend his energy with David or the site at the same time as he spends half of his time talking about him. And we believe him. He tosses out a few scraps to misdirect your thoughts, as he often does with his wonderful lyrics (never been Head Of Security, "knowing" Bradley Steyn). As with everyone in Morrissey's past, Steyn has abandoned him and his tours (three times even!) while ignoring that he's abandoned his fans on the last FOUR tours. And finally, his versions of events makes far more sense than any other previously presented. Steyn wants money, whether he's owed it or not. Filing a lawsuit with outlandish statements isn't original (even to Morrissey), though this whole thing sounds more like a shakedown than anything else. Well, at least it's been an interesting day.

MR

As Ghoul pointed out, there are near record numbers on this site right now. Well played, Moz.

f66g6Gp.jpg

P.

Well., it always spikes around lp and gig times. The press is from TMZ NOT moz ( you daft c***) .
As for the aids comment f*** OFF

Mist right minded people will come on, read the shit on here and think, I would want to. f*** up zdavud T too

Have any of you people ever read the comments on Youtube? How long has someone like Google been trying to cope with comment contents. It's not "simple", at least when you're dealing with the volume of posts this site tends to get. How are those TTY forums going? Oh yeah, they're shut down and no one goes there for anything except to read the "release" they've read about on MS.

From what I know, David wants folks to say what's on their mind. Sometimes they argue with each other. Occasionally they take it to far and get temp bans or their comments moved to a catch-all forum. That's what MS is. That's how it's run. Some people aren't comfortable with that. They leave. There are other places with more moderation that they tend to end up. However, if you were looking for information on todays activities you wouldn't find much in those places. There's one post with no responses as of now at the main one (All Need Is Morrissey, which is run by very nice folks btw).

As for Morrissey's statement, it seems to capture all sides of the man very nicely. He tells us how he can not spend his energy with David or the site at the same time as he spends half of his time talking about him. And we believe him. He tosses out a few scraps to misdirect your thoughts, as he often does with his wonderful lyrics (never been Head Of Security, "knowing" Bradley Steyn). As with everyone in Morrissey's past, Steyn has abandoned him and his tours (three times even!) while ignoring that he's abandoned his fans on the last FOUR tours. And finally, his versions of events makes far more sense than any other previously presented. Steyn wants money, whether he's owed it or not. Filing a lawsuit with outlandish statements isn't original (even to Morrissey), though this whole thing sounds more like a shakedown than anything else. Well, at least it's been an interesting day.

MR

but this isn't about moderators who are overrun or too busy, its about moderators with their own agenda. There are a small number of negative posters that have a disproportionate input into the feel of the site. This problem comes from the top (the owner) down through the moderation. There is enough moderators and the rules and guidelines are in place, the tools are all there, they are just used improperly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom