An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Exciting!!!!

IMG_5710.jpeg

I'll just leave this here...

Hear “Shiny Happy People” From Micky Dolenz’s New R.E.M. Covers EP ("Dolenz Sings R.E.M.").

I'll just leave this here...

Hear “Shiny Happy People” From Micky Dolenz’s New R.E.M. Covers EP ("Dolenz Sings R.E.M.").
I'm obsessed with both bands but upon first listen I didn't care for his interpretation.

Nothing to see here, people. Just another EXTREMELY disappointing release.

Yes, they do owe us something. Every band owes their fans good material if they want us to buy their stuff.

1694897507778.png
1694897525567.png

Will still buy it. Quite like Up, and completionism is a powerful thing (ask your mum).
That missing apostrophe in the track-listing (disc 2, track 10) needs to be fixed, though.

Looking forward to completing my vinyl collection. After the rereleases this year of their last 4 albums, Up was the only one remaining to complete my collection. :)

Nothing to see here, people. Just another EXTREMELY disappointing release.

Yes, they do owe us something. Every band owes their fans good material if they want us to buy their stuff.

View attachment 95032 View attachment 95033
When will R.E.M. management realize that all we want is studio outtakes, studio demos, and studio remixes like Monster. Of the 25th anniversary editions, the only thing that excited us was the Fables demos, Pageant demos, Out of Time demos, and Automatic Demos, plus the Monster Remix was very cool. All the live shows we've heard - save Chicago 95 ( I was at this show) and this upcoming Party of Five set. I was foolishly optimistic for the 40th anniversary editions to be over the top. Choric Town era has so much unreleased content.

That Up reissue is a massive let down. We've had that Party of Five bootleg for years, right?

I don't think I have that one. I don't think I've ever seen it being shared, or maybe it was mp3s and didn't catch my interest, idk. Maybe it's lying there in my external HD somewhere? But it's also something that's quite trivial, right? Just another gig, even with fewer songs, like the lots we have from 1999.

Last edited:
Hi guys. The "Uptake" performance is included in the UP reissue Bluray. If someone get the audio for that, please share it here. It was great but i just have a shitty youtube audio rip of it...

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom