And Kristeen adds......

I was thinking about this some more. (Not like I haven't written far too much already, but)

Maybe there's no anger or hurt feelings or any of these things that people are assuming. Maybe he just needs to be in a certain "space" to perform each night, and doesn't want to think about this.

I hope this whole issue/increasingly-non-issue goes away soon, because I'm dreading the possiblility...

No, I won't say it.

Having to hear the next record's songs interpreted as messages to Kristeen.

I hope you're happy! :p

Have you ever been fired from a job? IT SUCKS. I'm not surprised she can't keep silent about it. . .It took me three years to get over my only firing, and I didn't have a bunch of people who don't know anything about the situation hurling abuse at me about it. . .

I was there that night, I think I understood her comment in the spirit in which it was intended, and I actually smirked--it was funny! I've lost a little respect for Moz if he, in fact, kicked her off the tour solely for that one comment. . .I imagine, though, that it may have been "the last straw" in some ongoing, offstage drama. Because, otherwise, well then it's Moz who is a bit of a crybaby.

We will never know the real, whole story, and even if we did, it really sort of isn't anyone's business but theirs.

--jeniphir

Having to hear the next record's songs interpreted as messages to Kristeen.

I hope you're happy! :p

Does that mean they won't be messages to Johnny Marr, Seymour Travis, Geoff Stein, Mike Joyce and high court judges? Hooray!

I don't think that anyone's yet brought up what's definitely the best part of KY getting sacked: she won't be gracing any future recordings with her backing "vocals"! Remember, "Sweetie-Pie" is still the most recent official release.

I tend to believe the minority that said if Morrissey's (and Boz') family members hadn't been in the audience, she might've gotten away with it. And to those that said she didn't know they were there -- please.

Odds on favourite that she'll write a song about it.

I tend to believe the minority that said if Morrissey's (and Boz') family members hadn't been in the audience, she might've gotten away with it.

Yes, with the suggestion that he had intimate relations with KY one can imagine the awkwardness later on when Morrissey had to reassure them that he was not, in fact, a heterosexual.

The odds are even greater that the song will be incomprehensible.

Could people please stop being so utterly devoid of intelligence on this thread? Are we decent human beings, or pathetic losers who delight in the misery of others?

I would rather be a decent human being.

Kristeen Young, regardless of her music, is a human being. She made a mistake and must live with the consequences of her actions. The last thing she needs is a load of people posting abusive messages about her which amount to bullying and harrassment. It is simply hatred fuelled by jealousy because she got to work with Morrissey for so long.

How purile.

Purile? Do you mean puerile?

I tend to believe the minority that said if Morrissey's (and Boz') family members hadn't been in the audience, she might've gotten away with it. And to those that said she didn't know they were there -- please.

Ah thank you sir. I am that minority. Having his nephew and sister in the audience DOES change the equation, no? She probably could have said it at any other show. She knew they were there. I suspect it was a nasty New York crowd, and she let her emotions get the best of her. Now can we all just let it go?

P.S. Kristeen Young is pregnant with Morrissey's child!

Sorry if this has been asked already, but am I right in thinking that "That's How People Grow Up" has already been recorded with Kristeen's backing vocals (as seen on the David Letterman Show)? How does this leave his relationship with Visconti, and indeed the next album which he was to produce? Is it over?

Peter

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but am I right in thinking that "That's How People Grow Up" has already been recorded with Kristeen's backing vocals (as seen on the David Letterman Show)? How does this leave his relationship with Visconti, and indeed the next album which he was to produce? Is it over?

Peter

No one knows. :)

Isn't it great? There's always something new to speculate about in Morrissey's world! :D

Sorry if this has been asked already, but am I right in thinking that "That's How People Grow Up" has already been recorded with Kristeen's backing vocals (as seen on the David Letterman Show)?

Interesting bit of trivia. If so, then it will surely have to be re-recorded, and we can wait patiently for the KY version to trickle down to us from an insider.

P.S. Kristeen Young is pregnant with Morrissey's child!

Hey, I already called that one!

an open letter to Kristeen Young:

"WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

And that's all I'll ever say about it. Well, at least until next time I say something about it.

I had a thought about the vocal backup at the beginning of "That's How People Grow Up". It's been played from a recording rather than sung live so far. At the last three NY shows, after she'd been dismissed, I thought the vocals sounded a little different, maybe a little softer and more open in voice. I wondered if they had had Nina from GIAC rerecord the piece. This is PURELY speculation, so don't go wild, I'm just wondering if this is the case. The difference, if it exists, is subtle, so I'm not even sure if it would be discernible in the YouTube or bootlegs.

Back
Top Bottom