Prince%20What.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mcpb7lrxzi1robleeo3_500.gif

giphy.gif

81550828c0f6ac39fab6410410aa6a1a.gif
That is brilliant!

Personally, I love The Cure. Interested to know why anyone who likes The Smiths wouldn't like them also, I would have thought the opposite tbh.

They’re a million miles apart. The Smiths excite me. When I hear The Cure I just want to turn them off or leave the room. Robert Smiths voice isn’t at all to my liking.

I think Wish suffered because people were expecting Disintegration part II, but it was more of a callback to guitar heavy psychedelia like The Kiss, or Shake Dog Shake. I look at Wish (with the exception of Apart and Trust) as their "hippie" album. It doesn't hurt that at the time it came out I was dabbling in LSD and magic mushrooms, so there's a special place in my heart for all of those swirling flanged-out guitars. I think the wheels fell off when they released Moodswings because it was a thematic schizophrenic mess lacking any coherence and possessing some really weak writing. They definitely had some nice songs after, but as an "album" band, I think Wish was it.

This came out some 20 years after Disintegration, and lyrically and musically I think it stands up.

Yeah I like that, not so mad on the swirly effects but it's good. The swirly stuff would no doubt become less noticable after a few listens anyway.

Yeah I like that, not so mad on the swirly effects but it's good. The swirly stuff would no doubt become less noticable after a few listens anyway.
This actually led me to go "Were those albums as bad as I remember?" I just listened to the self-titled, which about 40% of sounded good to me, up from 0% at the time of release- still the worst title ever, given their history- and 4:13 Dream which I rated very poorly as well. Surprisingly, I found myself really enjoying 4:13 nearly the whole way through. There are a lot of iffy intros to many of the songs, but when they kick in, they fare better. It's a shouty little album at a lot of points, but not without merit.

(And I hope Ketamine sun sees this so she knows I don't just criticize ONE of my favorite bands, but ALL of them.)

I liked them up until Disintegration, lost interest after that. I bought Wish but that seemed to have a big drop in quality from everything they did before.

I'm a fan of a few other people's pet hates too, Zep, Sabbath, Prince, Anhoni, though not U2 obviously.

For me it began with Disintegration cause before that they only released childrens music. Saw them live once which I would not want to force upon anyone cause it was literally less lively than a bunch of old men in wheelchairs.

It is easy to make fun of Robert and the 3 words that make up every song so it rhymes well. The great songs they made were dark and depressive like you want it to be sometimes.

I mostly only hear the bass to be honest cause that is what I enjoy the most when hearing them. Larry Mullen JR managed to be the most boring bassist the world has ever heard and seen and it was often impossible to hear any bass at all.

If not for the bassist The Cure and New Order and a host of bands would have been nothing.

joy division
Curtis’ voice is dreadful. Can’t see anything positive in these at all.

The Beatles.

I actually come from Liverpool, so I always get blank stares when they realise that I’m not a fan of them..

It’s not like they’re bad or anything, I’ve just always found them boring, I guess.

The Beatles.

I actually come from Liverpool, so I always get blank stares when they realise that I’m not a fan of them..

It’s not like they’re bad or anything, I’ve just always found them boring, I guess.

Now I'm in love despite the fact you're a scouser. Hang in there brave one.

The Smiths. They are like a crap Morrissey cover band.
I know. Their version of Spent the Day in Bed is somehow even worse than the original, and that's a bar set so low that moles regularly knock their poor fuzzy little heads on it.

The extreme metal bands with logos that I can't read and music that is even worst than their logos.

22544_logo.jpg

Ian Curtis had a lovely voice!

The extreme metal bands with logos that I can't read and music that is even worst than their logos.

22544_logo.jpg

Ian Curtis had a lovely voice!

That wear camo pants and bandanas and pose with there arms crossed. Can’t agree with you about Curtis though. Interesting band that I just can’t make myself listen to

That wear camo pants and bandanas and pose with there arms crossed. Can’t agree with you about Curtis though. Interesting band that I just can’t make myself listen to

LOL

Camo pants are not seen anywhere now and for a reason. Bandanas are just beyond awful.

This guy is rocking camo though:

LOL

Gonna curse in church here by saying DAVID BOWIE.

It is the kind of music you are expected to like and that but it is impossible. It is endless drivel about nothing at all unless you count drug induced day dreaming fantasies.

My mother called me Bowie when I was young cause I had his looks she felt so I should have tried to like him but never did and was one of many hundreds leaving Wembley Arena every night in 1995 when Morrissey was done and Bowie entered the stage.

Heroes and that's it.

I think the ones who use that logo are not really into camo, but black clothes and CAN'T cross their arms because they often have weird accessories with stingy things on them.

(I can't get who can see something like that and avoid laughing).

AND.... Joy Division is very much like the sound of an obsession. Something that repeats itself again and again.

I think they captured that obsessive feeling. A bit like this song that I adore... which simply repeats again and again "Oh, how I miss you"...

So probably it's like what that man in the "how to write a Morrissey song" says: a Morrissey song starts in the middle, it ends in the middle and the middle has more middle. Sometimes the mind becomes like an emotional loop... and Joy Division is quite close to that loop.

I think the ones who use that logo are not really into camo, but black clothes and CAN'T cross their arms because they often have weird accessories with stingy things on them.

(I can't get who can see something like that and avoid laughing).

AND.... Joy Division is very much like the sound of an obsession. Something that repeats itself again and again.

I think they captured that obsessive feeling. A bit like this song that I adore... which simply repeats again and again "Oh, how I miss you"...

So probably it's like what that man in the "how to write a Morrissey song" says: a Morrissey song starts in the middle, it ends in the middle and the middle has more middle. Sometimes the mind becomes like an emotional loop... and Joy Division is quite close to that loop.

Curtis never died, he grew up and became prime minister of Sweden under the name Palme and then they shot him.

filmen-palme-2012.jpg

I know my god damn history dude!

Back
Top Bottom