Bergen, Norway - Grieghallen (Aug. 6, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Have-A-Go Merchant / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Meat Is Murder / It’s Hard To Walk Tall When You’re Small / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Oboe Concerto // Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos.

• Photo: @uursuus / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

38915_bergen.jpg

Last edited:
This setlist has a lot of sense for me. Ganglord is about police brutality. How can you say it has nothing to do in 2016. Don't you read/watch news? Likewise Paris, Istanbul, World Peace, The bullfighter dies. Then songs that may have a lot to do with his actual feelings. Scandinavia is obvious. Meat is murder is a lifelong statement.
The world is full of crashing bores... well, dedicated to whining people like you.
Yes, those are songs of current world affairs, but they are overplayed. I would love to hear Maladjusted, Now my heart is full, Death at one's elbow

I'd be interested to hear 'It's Hard to Walk...", if it is indeed Spencer's version. If anyone has it.

Thanks

I totally agree with you, I found out he was going to playing a couple of weeks ago and my wife the other day asked if I wanted to see him play and I told her f*** no because all hes gonna do is play his new crap and all the crap songs off his last couple of albums, I've been a fan for over 20 years just like you and have seen him in his prime and seen tons of shows I have no interest in seeing him now unless it's a reunion with Johnny Marr.

I’m a longtime Morrissey fan and I never post here… but I just popped on to check out the setlist and I can’t describe how disappointed I am. I’m actually more angry this time. Angry at myself because I actually thought Moz might shake things up a little and come out with a fresh set.

Morrissey is an incredibly selfish performer, he sings what he wants to sing, not what we want to hear. But even under that umbrella of law, he could still give audiences a set that will excite people. Ganglord has no business being in a 2016 setlist. Paris? He’s still playing f***ing Paris? I think he’s played it at every show since its debut 9 years ago. It’s a mediocre album track at best, not a seminal Morrissey song that’s played live endlessly. World Peace, Kiss Me A Lot, Istanbul and Meat Is Murder all in row? That’s a block of songs where you can leave the venue, get a cheese sandwich, eat it at the cafe and come back having missed nothing. Its all garbage and I defy audiences not to make a run for the toilet or bar during that stretch. He’s got a set a balls playing those tracks at all, let alone back to back.

Scandinavia is also a terrible song that should not be a live track. The dreadful Oboe Concerto follows the lackluster Far-Off Places and it’s polished off by the mediocre and overplayed Let Me Kiss You with an encore of Irish Blood… a great track that should be retired from the live roster along with First of the Gang.

I don’t know any other artist who deliberately rams their new material down the throat of audiences. He might as well come out and say “Hi, I’m Morrissey… I’m going to play most of my latest album for you (now over two years old), then I’m going to play selections from the last decade or so of material that no one really cared about. If there’s any room left, I’ll play some songs you might actually want to hear, but it’s all stuff I’ve been playing into the ground for the past few years anyway.”

For longtime fans, this set has nothing of merit. Everything on this set (apart from Have-A-Go) has been played to death over the years to the point where hearing them performed live is about as exciting as watching a movie you’ve seen 100 times. I’d be numb to these songs in person.

The casual fan will be bewildered by the lack of presence of any crowd pleasers aside from Suedehead and Everyday Is Like Sunday. There’s nothing here for them either.

So who is this set for? Well, I guess it’s for Morrissey. But he’s not the one paying hundreds of dollars for the pleasure. I have to imagine that even the band rolled their eyes when they saw the setlist for this tour. They must be sick of playing half these songs.

There are of course the blinded fools who will say this set is perfectly fine. Probably the lunatics who line up all day to press themselves against the stage. I’m sure they’d be fine if Morrissey sang America Is Not The World 19 times in a row. But those of us who aren’t enamored by his every syllable and gesture expect and deserve more.

And that’s the frustrating thing. Morrissey can manhandle a crowd with the right setlist. It wouldn’t even be so hard. Just play songs you’ve played in the past. Take out Paris, Bores, Far-Off Places, Oboe, Scandinavia, Ganglord and World Peace…. Replace with Playboys, Nobody Loves Us, Lost, Our Frank, Maudlin Street, NF Disco and toss in a Smiths song. It’s not that hard. Audiences would love it.

I’m no fan of The Cure, but on their latest tour, they learned 100 songs, play for nearly three hours and mix it up every night. Now obviously we know Morrissey would never give us that. The longest show he’ll do will tap out at 90 minutes. The shorter set means that each of the 19-22 songs are prime real estate in his set. And look what he’s giving us! He’s always been an artist that convinced himself that his latest efforts are his best work. He wants us to feel the same way. But we don’t. Don’t get me wrong, he has some extraordinary songs in the past 20 years alone. I think Staircase is as good as anything he did in the 90’s… but for f***’s sake, mix it up a bit.

Is anyone else as frustrated about this or will you guys just accept anything the king bestows upon you? Fans should revolt and just not give him the money. I think I’m done going to Morrissey concerts, which is very regretful. I can’t support this.

I truly feel sorry for audiences in Hong Kong, Imdonesia, Singapore and Thailand who will have their one and only Morrissey concert experience be marred by such a dreadful setlist.

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been having a terrible time falling asleep lately and this will help tons. Your whiny drivel that no one wants to read about the set list was so excruciatingly boring I nearly passed out twice whilst reading it. Will keep this one in my back pocket again for next time I can't sleep. No more need for all those pills. Thanks again. Cheers!
It is the valium of this forum. Rest well :)

Yes, those are songs of current world affairs, but they are overplayed. I would love to hear Maladjusted, Now my heart is full, Death at one's elbow
He did Maladjusted and Now My Heart Is Full during the 2012 Tour.

Well, You Have Killed Me, Merchant, It's Hard, All You Need Is Me and Irish Blood were new

Color me pickled tink. Have a go is about all that is "new" in that list. It's the same old set that he's been trotting out for the last what, 2 years? It's a bummer, because with his catalogue, he could really put together an exciting setlist. But no, it's World Peace tour, chapter 2. Nah.

Thank f*** I'm not going to the Manchester show. He just gets lazier as he gets old. It's all about the money nowadays.

Thanks so much for posting this. I've been having a terrible time falling asleep lately and this will help tons. Your whiny drivel that no one wants to read about the set list was so excruciatingly boring I nearly passed out twice whilst reading it. Will keep this one in my back pocket again for next time I can't sleep. No more need for all those pills. Thanks again. Cheers!
Hey, at least it was more readable than List of the Lost. *tongue planted firmly in cheek*

People like this come here regularly but don't go to his shows probably because their bitching and moaning has a voice here whereas it'd be drowned out in a live forum like a Morrissey concert.

I find I enjoy the concerts more knowing people like tyrone and his band of like minded complainers like skinny and the rest of them aren't actually there.

lmao relax is not that serious! i was only laughing because g23 comment was funny. You honestly need to stop being so offended at people who don't think morrissey can't do no wrong. I mean honestly, stop. You sound just as crazy as the haters

You'll get over it one day. Btw try to keep your comments down to below Novel size. Do you think anyone can be bothered reading all that whining?

Typical mozbot c*** marred.

The comment was articulate and well thought out.

And you wonder why you're loathed here? Stick to begging other bots to ride across the outback with you, you closeted creep.

Hi there! Looks great, really looking forward to seeing him in Berlin!
...Does anybody know if they were selling signed records at the merch stand like on previous tours? Or also have a picture of the merch stand? Thanks!

lmao relax is not that serious! i was only laughing because g23 comment was funny. You honestly need to stop being so offended at people who don't think morrissey can't do no wrong. I mean honestly, stop. You sound just as crazy as the haters
It doesn't offend me at all. I never said he can't do any wrong. I just find it amusing that you guys come here to complain about Morrissey 24/7. It's sad...

Spot on. Marred cannot just read and ignore. He has to jump to Morrissey's defence. It's a knee jerk reaction. A disease. The funniest part of all is not Adam's ignorance of this, not his hidden homosexuality, not his obsession with barcodes, nor his duck faced selfies he used to post here. The funniest part is that Moz would loathe him.

The set list is SHIT. Admit it you gormless bots. It's just fodder.

It doesn't offend me at all. I never said he can't do any wrong. I just find it amusing that you guys come here to complain about Morrissey 24/7. It's sad...

24/7?

Try 2 minutes/7.

Only you could spend 24 hours a day here. Wanking to World Peace.

This thread epitomises why All You Need Is Me is back on the setlist.

Morrissey plays what he wants to play. He's gone on record with that.

I went to seven shows last year, and last night's setlist was significantly changed to where it started in 2015.

Morrissey cannot tailor a new setlist for every single show. When did he last play Norway folks? Have the Norweigan audience had a show with the WP set? I didn't think so. Same goes for the cities on the rest of the 2016 itinerary.

Equally, if he played 'new' 'new' songs, they'd get slated on here based on one airing and poor quality boots that won't reflect the recorded song. Eother way, he loses.

Sone of you really need to have a word with yourselves. Lighten Up Morrissey-Solo.

SSOB

80 notes for a standing ticket in Manchester for a gig which will probably have one Smiths song. Which is shit and has been repeated ad nauseum now for too many years.

Would anyone pay 80 quid to see Bob Dylan do 90 minutes of mostly new material and some B-sides with a couple of hits to lighten the load of self-indulgent tosh?

Back
Top Bottom