Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
Last song I really liked? Gotta go back to Refusal. All You Need Is Me, Skull. I liked the energy and the rock and lyrics about the human condition of pre-scandal Moz.
Something is squeezing my skull is up there with his best, i bloody love that song, funny, short and loud, a great single and album opener

Notre-Dame honestly sounds like Morrissey scribbled down new lyrics 5 minutes before the show as payback for Alain leaving to start a cover band with his ex-musicians :tearsofjoy:

Wow 😲 this notradame. Song. He really has balls. ! Bravo. Morrissey. I know..... you know. ! You are a brave man. !

I like the new song if I don't think about it too hard. I'm just not the type of person to 100% believe in conspiracy theories and overly opinionated people get annoying after a while.

I like the new song if I don't think about it too hard. I'm just not the type of person to 100% believe in conspiracy theories and overly opinionated people get annoying after a while.

Yes, you are right. Don’t think about it too hard. Morrissey’s songs were never about the lyrics anyway.

Musically Notre-Dame is great, as are the songs from Without Music heard so far. I really like the 70s vibe - I think the album has really strong potential to be great.

As for the polarising lyrics for Notre-Dame:
Notre-Dame, we will not be silent
Notre-Dame, we will not be silent.

It's very march/chant like, which I think the music accompanies very well. You can almost picture a crowd of people outside the building shouting this.

The line that starts Before any investigation... is like a lone voice from the crowd shouting. Someone you would see on the news being interviewed.

And the line Notre-Dame, a cold hand just touched me is direct, personal and vulnerable. Without faith there is no guard against the cold hand of death.

This song has quickly grown on me.

Last edited:
good audio for the new track ...

Such a shame, musically and even vocal melody wise, it sounds great. But the lyrics are just so bad, it’s actually difficult to listen to. As for the video on the back drop 😬

Anyone else notice how young the crowds are looking? I noticed this last year in London, and it's quite clear from the videos from last night.

Hard to believe that when Low in High School came out Morrissey was releasing a selection of cohesive 7" singles, pop shops in Camden, a special show on 6 Music at Maida Vale and an appearance on Jools Holland. It maybe not have been his finest album, but christ how far he has fallen since then!

Hard to believe that when Low in High School came out Morrissey was releasing a selection of cohesive 7" singles, pop shops in Camden, a special show on 6 Music at Maida Vale and an appearance on Jools Holland. It maybe not have been his finest album, but christ how far he has fallen since then!
Ah yes, but that was with a contract and an album to promote with the label's backing. Currently there is no label so he won't be doing any of that to promote the album.

He should, however, do the odd interview piece. Time is ticking and he needs to preserve his legacy, and unfortunately keeping quiet is only allowing negativity against him to rise.

I'm surprised by how many fans walked away just because they didn't agree with his opinions.

I'm surprised by how many fans walked away just because they didn't agree with his opinions.

How can you be surprised? Morrissey was always about the deeply emotional heartfelt lyrics.

These days he’s more like the Donald Trump of britpop, peddling rightwing conspiracy nonsense.

The walking out of fans will only increase with every song like “Notre Dame” he sings. And understandably so.

Such a shame, musically and even vocal melody wise, it sounds great. But the lyrics are just so bad, it’s actually difficult to listen to. As for the video on the back drop 😬
Surely that back drop is a Sam job?

Last edited:
How can you be surprised? Morrissey was always about the deeply emotional heartfelt lyrics.

These days he’s more like the Donald Trump of britpop, peddling rightwing conspiracy nonsense.

The walking out of fans will only increase with every song like “Notre Dame” he sings. And understandably so.
Luckily you're still here!

Would like to see what possible rationale in the form of an article or blog piece Fiona Dodwell could make out of this. I *get* and understand in a way the ‘Bonfires’ justification and agree with the sentiment about the futility of thoughts and prayers. But this doesn’t really go anywhere other than to a place where it can be construed as slightly Islamophobic.

wild to observe all of this and recall that at one point morrissey fans were erudite, stylish and had decent taste -- now look around at his most ardent supporters, its just embarrassing from top to bottom

your vibe attracts your tribe, as they say

Back
Top Bottom