Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
Before deciding to release 'Notre Dame', what possible reputational and legal consequences might a record company consider?

What possible 'morbid sequelae' might result from radio stations and streaming platforms amplifying the conspiratorial mindset evidenced by these lyrics, allowing disturbed and delusional persons to think that 'official' outlets giving this song's lyrics coverage means tacit endorsement?

Might their lawyers suggest it would be 'inappropriate' to give the oxygen of publicity to this new song for reasons related to public safety and aesthetic decency?

Might they have previously given similar advice in relation to 'Bonfire Of Teenagers'?

Who is Morrissey referencing when he sings "we will not be silent"? Presumably those who still insist that the catastrophe of Notre Dame was a terrorist attack that was 'covered up' by... the entire apparatus of the French state...?

What has motivated Morrissey to debut this track when riots are engulfing France? Perhaps he wants a record company to rush release it as a charity single to fundraise for all the 'bonfire of buildings' torched during the current ongoing disturbances?

Perhaps he believes that the current riots are somehow mysteriously connected to the conflagration of Notre Dame? Or maybe the timing of this debut is pure coincidence 🤔?

Or... perhaps he is just a desperate, opportunistic troll in his dotage, who will write or sing anything that both gets him attention and that feeds his personal conspiracy theory, one which posits that he is a victim of political censorship rather than commercial disinterest?

The career nadirs are getting deeper...no responsible, credible record company will touch this track with a barge-pole.

BrummieBoy

A former far-right political candidate who believed a conspiracy theory about the Notre Dame fire tried burning down a French mosque as 'revenge'​

Lauren Frias
Nov 7, 2019, 2:04 AM ET
notre dame

• Notre-Dame Cathedral was ablaze in April, and investigators identified an electrical short-circuit as a likely origin of the fire.
  • However, a conspiracy theory that the fire was made at the hands of Muslim attackers caught hold with some far-right extremists.
  • Claude Sinké, a former candidate for France's far-right National Rally party who believed in the theory, has been charged with attempting to set a mosque in Bayonne, France, on fire, and opening shooting two Muslim men who confronted him.
  • He told investigators that the attack was "revenge" for the Notre Dame fire, according to reports.
  • Sinké is charged with arson and attempted murder, though prosecutors did not charge him with terrorism offenses.

https://www.insider.com/french-extremist-attempted-arson-mosque-act-of-revenge-notre-dame-2019-11
OK but look at how many attacks on church's in France there are, there are many. It didn't help that they knew the reason before any investigation had started. The mother of the boy that was shot that has started the riots off had said she wants Paris to burn to the ground, have a look at how delighted she is in picture's. Islam is not compatable with the west's values.

Israel show - "Morrissey appeared tired"

review of concert in the publication The Times of Israel

from the article:
“I’m very happy to be here in God’s country, the heart of the world,” said Morrissey
Yet there was little energy and spirit to the 64-year-old Morrissey, who turned toward his band after each song to take a sip of something, moving slowly across the stage, sometimes shaking hands with audience members between numbers.

And while Morrissey has often proclaimed his love for the Jewish state through songs (“Israel” and “The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel”) and statements, he didn’t sing either tune, nor did he say much about finally being in the country after four years away.

That’s a very polite way of saying it
I should listen more to the music but the lyrics really ruin the pleasure of doing so. Based on 2 listenings, I felt there was similarity with the Night Pop soundwise.

Does he still feel inspired when writing?
I don't know if his inspiration is faded.. perhaps the things that inspire him to write are topics he wants to be straight-forward about but the problem with that is how nuanced his writing has always been. This song has no nuance.

The other thing that has been missing from most of the songs from the 2 unreleased albums is they lack a resolution.

The topics haven't been that interesting to me as a whole. I think "I Live in Obvlion" is incredible. I think "Bonfire of Teenagers" is clunky. "Notre Dame" also feels clunky. "The Night Pop Dropped" just goes around in a circle a little bit and then just ends.

I think BoT songs are much stronger than WMTWD songs we've heard so far.

It's obvious Morrissey has long forgotten how to write lyrics everything is too on the nose and hardly any words, it's just a line or two repeated. If he wants to have he's new music out he is going to have to self release because a record company are not going to give Morrissey money and put up with the hassle that would be attached to releasing a record with such songs on it and it would lose them money.

Interesting take from dear old Karen over on Twitter - he was accused of being a thing, so now he's ended up becoming that thing.
I dunno, if I was accused of being a thing, I'd maybe...push back against it?

View attachment 92517
Well she's not saying he's "become" right wing, but that he's getting his info from right wing sources.

It makes some sense, that he's probably felt rejected by the left, so he's turned away from them as well?

Of course anything right of center is unacceptable to her, so she can't accept he might have some right wing views.

BTW it seems his nephews share similar views, probably his sister as well and other members of his family.

I have long since resigned myself to the fact that Morrissey is - if not actually racist, then certainly highly bigoted towards certain races/religions. What I find more galling is that by outing himself as a conspiracy theorist, he has revealed that he is actually pretty limited intellectually, and - let's face it - a bit of a thicko. Having dedicated multiple decades s of my life, and several thousand pounds worth of ticket purchases, to a dummkopf is slightly embarrassing. But such is life. More fool me, I guess. :squiffy:
He's not bigoted towards any race. He seems to have problems with Islam but really, is that wrong?

The problem with these lyrics, to me, is they're too definitive. I mean, if they were indeed saying before the investigation that it wasn't arson, that's a bit fishy. But I wish he'd have left more room for some doubt? How sure can he really be? Guess it's no different from people being sure the world trade center attack was an inside job...

Last edited:
Bit of a review here, not sure what the capacity for theatres is in Israel if 1300 is a stadium. Might just be a copy of another review as it mentions him being listless from the Times review.

Performing to a sold-out stadium of over 1300, the former Smiths frontman entertained an Israeli crowd with a 75 minute set featuring hits like “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One,” “Half a Person” and “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.”

But despite his vocal support of the country, The Times of Israel described Morrissey's performance as "listless.

morrissey-says-israel-is-gods-country-in-first-of-two-sold-out-shows-3L1gwvvEtGAxd45g9hUGlf

How can you be surprised? Morrissey was always about the deeply emotional heartfelt lyrics.

These days he’s more like the Donald Trump of britpop, peddling rightwing conspiracy nonsense.

The walking out of fans will only increase with every song like “Notre Dame” he sings. And understandably so.
How do we know these "terrorists" aren't MAGA voters. Morrissey did make his band wear F*ck Trump shirts and his fellow Catholic Joe Biden said MAGA voters pose the biggest terrorism threat. Maybe Uncle Joe has some inside information.

Mozz is likely looking tired and bored on stage cos he is. Haven’t you noticed he is touring more and more… u don’t realise why? Cos he doesn’t have a label, a manager, can’t release any new music, so he’s stuck in a never ending loop of having to keep touring now to earn his income. He’s become one of those acts who needs to tour ALL THE DAMN time as it’s his only avenue left to bring in his pocket money for whiskey

Mozz is likely looking tired and bored on stage cos he is. Haven’t you noticed he is touring more and more… u don’t realise why? Cos he doesn’t have a label, a manager, can’t release any new music, so he’s stuck in a never ending loop of having to keep touring now to earn his income. He’s become one of those acts who needs to tour ALL THE DAMN time as it’s his only avenue left to bring in his pocket money for whiskey
"I set the world on fire. And now I'm tired"

Lol please, as if he's needing any money. He has plenty.

Paul Bland - Viva Morrissey has spoken out in defence of M probably in the hope of getting a credit on M Centrale. I do like how he denounces this site, he must have airbrushed his 3333 logins where he trolled all and sundry including family of bereaved people.
The song will live by its merits Paul without your inane, attention-seeking outbursts.
ND aside the concert looked very much ok by me.

Of course, he has enough money, but obviously not according to himself. Because you tour for money and/or enjoyment - and it certainly isn't the latter by the looks of last night.

Back
Top Bottom