Birmingham - Genting Arena (Feb. 27, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Home Is A Question Mark / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

• Morrissey on irresistible form at the Genting Arena - review, setlist and more by James Rodger (5 photos) - Birmingham Live. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42353_birmingham.jpg
  • Morrissey, Genting Arena, Birmingham - review with pics by Tom Oakley (12 photos by Dave Cox) - Express & Star. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey review – this once charming man by Kitty Empire (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Andrew Fox) - The Observer. Link posted by Uncleskinny (original post).

Last edited:
I maintain that gig crowds have become more santiaised. I was begging for a collective leap up and down, a chorus anything. Awful. How have crowds changed so much in half a decade?
That thing died out when we left the 90's. Have you been under a rock since then or did your mother just pop you out?

Another spot on gig from this tour. Every one has been superb. Crowd was more observant than rowdy, and the floor was full and seating was about 90% full, which, for a Tuesday night in the middle of nowhere, is a great effort.

Can't seem to quote on my
iPhone. But no I'm literally talking
about a massive shift in the last five years in terms of moshing and joviality. It's all gone to shit

Mando - Helter Skelter:
farkomalarco~1519735646~1723990036268227387_418366473[1].jpg

Mando finds cheap beer for lunch - If only I did!
farkomalarco~1519735837~1723991632469424153_418366473[1].jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Take me back to dear old Blighty...
More like think they will stay in Spain and India and Thailand and so on. The number of british expats have reached record high numbers and it will only continue and no one blames them.

Another spot on gig from this tour. Every one has been superb. Crowd was more observant than rowdy, and the floor was full and seating was about 90% full, which, for a Tuesday night in the middle of nowhere, is a great effort.
That would be the way I would describe any care home for the elderly out there. You people cling onto him and wear your Moz glasses that are darker than that of a welder and so you see whatever you want to see which is nothing.

Immediate contemporary society has gone to the pits. Just 3-4 years ago the first 20 rows of a Morrissey gig was a semi-mosh pit. Now it's occupied by hairsprayed males keeping up their bravado with stern faces and waify girlfriends oh so scared of fun. Even in the front echelons of the crowd, trying to politely and respectfully move forward was a crime. Mild shoulder contact an assault, perspiration like a toxic gas. Punk is dead, queer is dead, difference is dead and sincerity is dead. The instagramifiaction of society is complete.

Immediate contemporary society has gone to the pits. Just 3-4 years ago the first 20 rows of a Morrissey gig was a semi-mosh pit. Now it's occupied by hairsprayed males keeping up their bravado with stern faces and waify girlfriends oh so scared of fun. Even in the front echelons of the crowd, trying to politely and respectfully move forward was a crime. Mild shoulder contact an assault, perspiration like a toxic gas. Punk is dead, queer is dead, difference is dead and sincerity is dead. The instagramifiaction of society is complete.
Be like me and stay at home and avoid all that. The 90's kids will be the death of us all.

Everything dies.

So this was the night when people finally lost interest in Moz and realised their fans are made up of young snowflake bandwagon jumpers. When Kurt Cobain died his fans wanted to die too but when Moz goes the fans will finally have steak.

So this was the night when people finally lost interest in Moz and realised their fans are made up of young snowflake bandwagon jumpers. When Kurt Cobain died his fans wanted to die too but when Moz goes the fans will finally have steak.

The Young Snowflake Bandwagon Jumpers! I would go see them if they played some up beat music that I could dance to. Calamine...is this you? If it is, classic...if not you have a posting twin here.

When Kurt shot himself I thought what a waste, but at the same time it seemed inevitable. So many great artists only to make it to the tender age of 27. Moz has more than doubled down on this and I am glad he stuck it out. Life is an unwinnable fight. So why bother trying? Because there is plenty of time to be dead. I am just glad we are all here to express our thoughts and feelings no matter how enthusiastic or cynical they may be.

ZTXvenN.jpg

Last edited:

More than happy for you to try and barge past me, regardless if my missus is with me or not, just apply the same standards of acceptable physicality when I give you a clip mate yeah?

Barging past a female half your size and weight is not punk, it’s not radical and it’s not an entitlement.

It’s called being a c***.

The first 20 rows were a semi mosh pit? Yes, in some alternate universe.

Punk is dead? Thank God. It was the pop music version of an authoritarian government, and stunted musical evolution. You were sold a pose.

Queer is dead? So, it's no longer cool...like it used to be?

Hair-sprayed males? As opposed to the sea of butch studs that have always graced Morrissey concerts? Morrissey fans have always been riddled with standoffish assholes.

So serious.

Back
Top Bottom