Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. I should've been more specific: it's my own personal rule, not a universal rule. I just find it odd that people think an artist owes them a show simply because they paid for it. As long as their money is refunded, the debt is cleared. That should be universal. Anything else is just their personal, emotional disappointment.

But their Personal, Emotional feelings are what drives a person to buy tickets. That is the debt that Morrissey is incurring.

Only the cost of the ticket is refunded, hotels, travel costs aren't.

Right. That's standard practice, though, isn't it? There might be people who only had to walk a few blocks to the venue and other people who spent hours on a train to get there. Ultimately everyone has to make some sort of risk/reward analysis to varying degrees.

But their Personal, Emotional feelings are what drives a person to buy tickets. That is the debt that Morrissey is incurring.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always sensed Morrissey to be a little (or even a lot) "off," and that's part of his appeal. I think it's also a factor in what makes the music so special. It's precisely because of my emotional feelings towards him that I could forgive him for being mercurial.

Why would anyone think Morrissey has a debt to them based on their personal feelings? It reminds me of the late 60s/early 70s interview John Lennon did with a New York Times reporter who had loved the early Beatles. She told him how disappointed she was with his psychedelia and the Two Virgins cover and his radical politics; she said, "I used to like you so much, I really respected you, and you've let me down." And Lennon had to explain to her that artists change, they're apt to disappoint, and if you liked Love Me Do then just listen to the old records and avoid the new ones. He wasn't obligated to stay a clean-cut mop-top in order to uphold what some random woman decided was his end of a deal.

Right. That's standard practice, though, isn't it? There might be people who only had to walk a few blocks to the venue and other people who spent hours on a train to get there. Ultimately everyone has to make some sort of risk/reward analysis to varying degrees.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always sensed Morrissey to be a little (or even a lot) "off," and that's part of his appeal. I think it's also a factor in what makes the music so special. It's precisely because of my emotional feelings towards him that I could forgive him for being mercurial.

Why would anyone think Morrissey has a debt to them based on their personal feelings? It reminds me of the late 60s/early 70s interview John Lennon did with a New York Times reporter who had loved the early Beatles. She told him how disappointed she was with his psychedelia and the Two Virgins cover and his radical politics; she said, "I used to like you so much, I really respected you, and you've let me down." And Lennon had to explain to her that artists change, they're apt to disappoint, and if you liked Love Me Do then just listen to the old records and avoid the new ones. He wasn't obligated to stay a clean-cut mop-top in order to uphold what some random woman decided was his end of a deal.

And the audience is no longer motivated to buy tickets or music. So be it.

If they always saw it as purely transactional like that, then yes, so be it.
I think many feel that there has been a decline in artistic quality and are therefore less keen on buying his records. The cancellations only affect the ticket sales, I’d imagine.

And the audience is no longer motivated to buy tickets or music. So be it.

Yep definitely for Morrissey for the time being, although I've been motivated to buy tickets for James at Lytham and The O2, Echo & The Bunnymen x 2 in Manchester, New Order, Johnny Marr, The Stranglers and Buzzcocks so far this year, so plenty of good nights to look forward to.

Break the chains of cancel culture bondage Moz! Soon everyone will be singing the hit song Bonfire of The Teenagers, swaying and holding hands with tears in their eyes. Festival promoters will will want you to headline again. Your immortal genius will triumph!

Yep definitely for Morrissey for the time being, although I've been motivated to buy tickets for James at Lytham and The O2, Echo & The Bunnymen x 2 in Manchester, New Order, Johnny Marr, The Stranglers and Buzzcocks so far this year, so plenty of good nights to look forward to.

So many really good tribute bands out there too. Small venues, great atmosphere, and more often than not, the songs you want to hear. ‘Frankly, the Smiths’ at the star and Garter recently was a great night

Yawn yawn yawn.
The man has long since become a bore and perhaps t'was always thus.
Incidentally, his Mexico kidnap anecdote, airport security molestation claims and Italian police brutality story were all utter HORSESHIT.

Those of us who buy a ticket to see Morrisssey do so out of admiration and because we love him, it's not all about money. I don't know how Moz feels to his fans. But I do know that the fans love him, in addition to the artist, things about his personality are valued and also the fans feel empathy and there is even a feeling of sorrow for his emotional background. It's not all ego and money, and that's something Moz doesn't care about, or doesn't realize or his personality makes him express himself a little changeable. In other words, he has ups and downs in his mood. But it's still like we forgive him because we see his emotional limitations..

Break the chains of cancel culture bondage Moz! Soon everyone will be singing the hit song Bonfire of The Teenagers, swaying and holding hands with tears in their eyes. Festival promoters will will want you to headline again. Your immortal genius will triumph!
I do think this has everything to do with people choosing the Oasis song without record label prompting and he could not get Paris released after the Paris attacks. I think he wants this to be the theme song of that tragedy and I do think he is bitter about not being at the concert after it happened, which is probably why he lied about Miley being there.
I think his interest in this song has absolutely nothing to do with the victims of that tragedy, neither does the song, it's all ego.

I don't think Moz is racist, he doesn't accept some or certain types of people, he doesn't care about all people. People are hypocrites, they think one thing and say another. We all discriminate because of fat, skinny, black, white and thousands of other things, it's innate to ordinary human beings. Those who do not discriminate at all are more evolved people and they are a minority, some are initiates, they are beyond, they are people who feel true Love, I do not mean what we commonly call love, in order not to discriminate against others you have to be an advanced human being, more evolved who sees that we are all equal, that there are no differences and in these people there is no ego, there is pure love for everything, the Universe

I don't think Moz is racist, he doesn't accept some or certain types of people, he doesn't care about all people. People are hypocrites, they think one thing and say another. We all discriminate because of fat, skinny, black, white and thousands of other things, it's innate to ordinary human beings. Those who do not discriminate at all are more evolved people and they are a minority, some are initiates, they are beyond, they are people who feel true Love, I do not mean what we commonly call love, in order not to discriminate against others you have to be an advanced human being, more evolved who sees that we are all equal, that there are no differences and in these people there is no ego, there is pure love for everything, the Universe

With fans like this, who needs enemies.

No, he isn't racist & he isn't discriminating against certain people unless it's someone who wants to eat a burger at a gig.

I wish Central would hurry up and tell us what's happening.
Nothing is really happening I suppose. It’s just SER , having nothing to do and celebrating a childish revenge on the Capitol boss leaving.
I doubt we will listen to Bonfire and Without on major labels. Low quality for both. Maybe doing one album out of the two , recording /remixing everything with a new producer and new artwork! Even with this solution I am not sure he could get a deal.

With fans like this, who needs enemies.

No, he isn't racist & he isn't discriminating against certain people unless it's someone who wants to eat a burger at a gig.
No one does more damage to people's perception of him than you, if anyone takes you seriously, which is doubtful. You portray him as a weak doddering fool who doesn't even know his own name.

Back
Top Bottom